Video feed all pixelated so bad can't fly
4313 28 2018-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
magichat9drinkr
lvl.1
United States

Hi guys bear with me.  This is my 1st post.  I have a mavic pro and have recently experienced this problem.  It 1st happened when flying about a mile out and i initially thought interference or maybe signal loss.  I still had full control of the drone and returned home but the feed never did clear up even when hovering 10 feet away.  I restarted, tried airplane mode, shut all apps, recalibrated the gimbal, imu and compass and even tried a new cable from the control to the phone(samsung s7 edge).  The top 1/8 of the feed is laggy but clear and the rest is all pixelated.  During this it will take pics that come out unfocused but ok, but video is same as the live feed - pixelated.  Drone is about 6 months old and have only flown under 20 times.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/7snbUr5eVgsyxbkK8
2018-6-26
Use props
mickr1969
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Same here, along with 100's of others too on android it seems.
Used an iphone and it worked perfect. Seems a problem with the DJI GO 4 app. Some people suggest downgrade to 4.2.14 and try that.

2018-6-26
Use props
magichat9drinkr
lvl.1
United States

Sorry forgot to write that.  Already tried that after reading others with issues.  Did not work
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Please uninstall your app and format your SD card directly to a computer. Make sure to back up your files and sync your flight records before you uninstall DJI Go 4 app.  You can also reset the factory defaults of your camera. Kindly check the attachment below.

2018-6-26
Use props
magichat9drinkr
lvl.1
United States

Thank you.  Will try it tonight and post up results
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

magichat9drinkr Posted at 2018-6-26 04:27
Thank you.  Will try it tonight and post up results

You're welcome. Let me know what is the result. Make sure to click "Reply" so that I can get notification from your response. Thank you.
2018-6-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

What firmware revision are you running on your Mavic Pro?
2018-6-26
Use props
eried
lvl.4
Flight distance : 661362 ft
Denmark

I think it is the last version of DJI GO 4, also happens to me. Specially like the half down part of the video is pixelated
2018-6-26
Use props
magichat9drinkr
lvl.1
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-26 04:47
What firmware revision are you running on your Mavic Pro?

I deleted and and installed 4.2.14
2018-6-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

magichat9drinkr Posted at 2018-6-26 05:17
I deleted and and installed 4.2.14

That would be GO-4 App.  Not the firmware running on Mavic Pro.

Mavic Pro would be .0100, .0200, .0300 (ending digits).

If your Mavic Pro is running .0300, suggest downgrading it to .0200; then see if you still get Pixelation problem.
2018-6-26
Use props
magichat9drinkr
lvl.1
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-26 06:26
That would be GO-4 App.  Not the firmware running on Mavic Pro.

Will check that too thx
2018-6-26
Use props
KayvinM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 147352 ft
Canada

Im experiencing the same thing. Everything was fine last week when I flew my MA but today I cant get a solid live feed without major pixelation and lag. Weird thing is that all was well last week and I haven't changed a thing or updated anything. It works fine on my Note 8 and Nexus 9 tablet but totally unusable on my Samsung Tab S2, which is what I use to fly. I've also reinstalled the app and it did not help. The only thing that fixes it is to turn off  the "cache video" option.
2018-6-26
Use props
magichat9drinkr
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-26 04:19
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Please uninstall your app and format your SD card directly to a computer. Make sure to back up your files and sync your flight records before you uninstall DJI Go 4 app.  You can also reset the factory defaults of your camera. Kindly check the attachment below.

[view_image]

I did everything as you suggested and nothing has chaned.  I downloaded the current release - was I supposed to download the .14 release as suggested by others?
2018-6-27
Use props
magichat9drinkr
lvl.1
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-26 06:26
That would be GO-4 App.  Not the firmware running on Mavic Pro.

I tried downgrading BEFORE I proceeded with what the dji rep recommended only because I was installing what I already had downloaded anyway.  It would not download the .0200 or even the .0100.  It stopped the .0200 after 2% and clicking retry would do nothing.  Shut off the app and the remote and tried again - the downgrade kept failing.  Then proceeded with what the DJI rep recommended and that did nothing at all - same pixelation.  
2018-6-27
Use props
Jos1973
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hello, I had the same problem with samsung tab a9.7.
I solved it by changing the channel mode from auto to custom and lowering the image transmission rate and change the channel.
2018-6-27
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

I fly with the latest Firmware updates installed and the latest version of Go4 App for Android.  My phone is a Samsung Note 5, running Android V 7.0 which isn't on the approved list.  The only problems that I've had with my setup have been MINOR and corrected by usually replacing my usb cable.  But I have a set routine that I go through every time I fly.

1.  Close all running apps
2.  Go to Settings, Device Maintainance
3.  Let it scan the phone for a few seconds.  It will return a percentage of how loaded your phone is.  Click on Optimize.  (There is no harm done)  Closing the apps in step #1 will not close ALL the apps running.
4.  Click on the Battery button on the bottom of this screen. This will give you a list of apps THAT ARE STILL running in the background.  (Closing the apps in Step #1 DOES NOT CLOSE ALL THE APPS.  Click on "Save Power" and shut them off.  

This takes ALL the load off your android device.  Nothing running in the background, nothing using computing power.  If you don't have your phone in Airplane mode (which will reduce the load even further) you'll still get your email notifications, your text messages will still come through.  

I do this every single time that I fly and I've never had a single instance of video lag or Pixelation.  
2018-6-27
Use props
magichat9drinkr
lvl.1
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-6-27 06:42
I fly with the latest Firmware updates installed and the latest version of Go4 App for Android.  My phone is a Samsung Note 5, running Android V 7.0 which isn't on the approved list.  The only problems that I've had with my setup have been MINOR and corrected by usually replacing my usb cable.  But I have a set routine that I go through every time I fly.

1.  Close all running apps

Just tried your method on lunch break - had less pixelation but still had it - had about 1/2 screen of pixelation instead of 3/4 screen.  
For $1000, I should not be having issues like this and thinking about sending it back!
2018-6-27
Use props
magichat9drinkr
lvl.1
United States

What is the next course of action that I need to take to get this resolved?  I sent DJI an email and over a week ago with no response what-so-ever.  I am not thrilled about their customer service.  The sole purpose of buying this was to take some great footage of my car that I have been working on for the past 19 years.  It will be done this weekend and I wanted to use the mavic to take some epic pics.  Who do I contact to get this fixed asap or send it back for a refund?  
2018-6-29
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

magichat9drinkr Posted at 2018-6-27 09:00
Just tried your method on lunch break - had less pixelation but still had it - had about 1/2 screen of pixelation instead of 3/4 screen.  
For $1000, I should not be having issues like this and thinking about sending it back!

Did you downgrade to 4.2.14 and also do what Brad Bilger said?  https://apkpure.com/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4/dji.go.v4
2018-6-29
Use props
magichat9drinkr
lvl.1
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-29 06:26
Did you downgrade to 4.2.14 and also do what Brad Bilger said?  https://apkpure.com/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4/dji.go.v4

I did not try the down grade and do the phone thing - only tried that on the updated version - will try and repost
2018-6-29
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

magichat9drinkr Posted at 2018-6-29 06:32
I did not try the down grade and do the phone thing - only tried that on the updated version - will try and repost

The downgrade has fixed this issue for many here.  So for sure give it a shot.  
2018-6-29
Use props
magichat9drinkr
lvl.1
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-29 06:36

took it out for a quick spin and so far so good - I will give it a real flight this afternoon with a full battery and post up results.
2018-6-29
Use props
magichat9drinkr
lvl.1
United States

magichat9drinkr Posted at 2018-6-29 07:00
took it out for a quick spin and so far so good - I will give it a real flight this afternoon with a full battery and post up results.

also switched the phone minimum width to 460 - not sure if that had anything to do with it or not
2018-6-29
Use props
magichat9drinkr
lvl.1
United States

It is 95% but still not 100%.  Much much better though going back to 4.2.14 and clearing out the phone as suggested above and switching the minimum width from 360dp to 460dp in developer options.  Was great through the whole flight except for a couple 2 second pixelated/blurred screens.  Oh and one more thing I did was use the factory charging cord for the remote to hook up my phone to the remote instead of the little factory flat cord.  
Thank you all for the help.  I can deal with this minor glitch for now I guess.  Hope this helps someone else get through this rough patch
2018-6-29
Use props
Global Villager
lvl.1
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-29 06:36

I have a Nexus  6P and downgraded to 4.2.16. Still fails. Will try other solutions including further downgrades.
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Global Villager Posted at 2018-8-3 05:09
I have a Nexus  6P and downgraded to 4.2.16. Still fails. Will try other solutions including further downgrades.

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, I would like to ask if we do have a chance to use a different mobile device which is the recommended one? As the Nexus 6p is not yet optimized with our application and this may affect the performance of our application.
2018-8-4
Use props
Global Villager
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-4 03:06
Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, I would like to ask if we do have a chance to use a different mobile device which is the recommended one? As the Nexus 6p is not yet optimized with our application and this may affect the performance of our application.

Nexus 6P is in the recommended list by DJI
2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Global Villager Posted at 2018-8-12 15:18
Nexus 6P is in the recommended list by DJI

Hi, sorry for the confusion. Yes, the phone that you're using is compatible with our Mavic Pro, however, I would like to ask what DJI GO 4 app version are you using? may we have a short video of the issue? You can use google drive or drop-box then provide the link here. Please keep us posted.
2018-8-12
Use props
djiuser_XctGwawgRLVl
New
Flight distance : 1034606 ft
United States

3day old dji mini 2
I check for updates before I leave the house to fly
2022-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now