475 4 2018-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
__Leon_Fiebig__
lvl.3
Flight distance : 295000 ft
Slovakia

Hello !
Im going on a trip across UK and Scotland (London to Edinburgh). And i want to take my P3S with me. I checked the laws, and they basically say to be 50 m from other people, structures and build-up areas, in VLOS and no higher than 150 m. I will be taking an aeroplane to London. I wanted to ask:
- Is it okay to fly in countryside ?
- How to transport the drone correctly (Sadly, i dont have a backpack ...)
- Do i need to take some special precautions ?
- If i want the shots just for me, do i need to register my drone?

Thank you !
2018-6-26
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Some of your facts are incorrect, please read: http://dronesafe.uk/drone-code/
120m height, 150m from built-up areas, 50m from people, buildings and vehicles (you can fly over as long as you are 50m high, but not in built-up areas).

Flying in the countryside is normally fine, but check for warnings: http://notaminfo.com/ukmap
Try not to fly near people, and if you are asked to stop then do so.

As long as you are not making money from the shots then there is no need to register.
2018-6-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you stick to the drone code as mentioned above you should be OK. This effectively bans any flight within any city or town (you must be at least 150m from a congested or built up area), unless you can find a nice open park that is not restricted. But always check local laws and restrictions. A good tool to use is the 'Drone Assist' App' downloadable from the drone code site.

Some parts of the UK and most of Northern Scotland, Caithness, Sutherland are extensively used by UK & NATO airforces for ultra low flying practice. But they are good enough to provide time table of when they are generally expecting to practice Here. The Drone Assist App' might also assist here, as it lists Temporary Flight Restrictions and much more.

As of end 30th July the 400ft AGL limit will be wriiten into UK laws, as will a 1km NFZ radius round all airports. So any incursions of either of these will be classed as an offence with fines & potentially jail for serious offences. But once again, if you stick to drone code there should be nothing to worry about. Over the years there have been only a handful of proscecutions for drone offences in U.K.
2018-6-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All of the above and do invest in a back pack if you can. Have fun and fly safe - keep away from the airports please!
2018-6-26
Use props
GreatKronos
lvl.1

Poland

To reduce the chances of damaging the drone during the transport you can cheaply ship the drone to your destination by for example https://clicktrans.com/. If it comes to walking around with it you should consider buying back pack as this is surely a good investment for drone owner
2018-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules