Video glitch help
4206 15 2018-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peters131965
lvl.2
Flight distance : 134117 ft

https://youtu.be/cwRezQTzjmM

Getting a glitch on video transmission .. records in cache video and shows up on screen but is not in video on drone. Ive tried differnt locations and differnt phones and samr issue. Reinstalled software and no change. Somedays no problems others are terrible .. very random. Happens in flight or grounded. New drone no crashes.
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello. Sorry for this trouble. Is this happening on all of the videos recorded? Also, kindly update or refresh the firmware of the aircraft using DJI assistant 2 on your computer. You may watch our video tutorial. Hope this will help resolve the issue.

2018-6-26
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Forget about the cached videos in low quality on your mobule device. When you want to record a video, make sure that you press the record button to start with and equally make sure to stop recording before you switch off the aircraft! After the flight connect your aircraft to a PC or Mac and take the high resolution recordings from either the internal memory of Mavic Air or the SD card if you are using one. You will be surprised about the excellent quality.
2018-6-26
Use props
peters131965
lvl.2

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-26 11:57
Hello. Sorry for this trouble. Is this happening on all of the videos recorded? Also, kindly update or refresh the firmware of the aircraft using DJI assistant 2 on your computer. You may watch our video tutorial. Hope this will help resolve the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPmWvxeSp7E

Thank you .. no computer with me at the moment however will do  when im home in a couple days. The system did do the update to latest version on both devices with the Go4 app when i first fired up the drone and says i am up to date on the hud .. is the assistant2 program a better way to update.
2018-6-26
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

peters131965 Posted at 2018-6-26 12:30
Thank you .. no computer with me at the moment however will do  when im home in a couple days. The system did do the update to latest version on both devices with the Go4 app when i first fired up the drone and says i am up to date on the hud .. is the assistant2 program a better way to update.

At the bottom line both ways to update work. I personally find doing it with DJI Assistant more stable and convenient. But if no PC or Mac nearby, you can equally do it through DJI GO 4 on your mobile device. It is very important though to always check if a firmware update also applies to the batteries. Thus after having done an update restart the process with another battery in the aircraft. And if you get a message that further update is required repeat it with all batteries you have.
2018-6-26
Use props
peters131965
lvl.2

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-26 12:16
Forget about the cached videos in low quality on your mobule device. When you want to record a video, make sure that you press the record button to start with and equally make sure to stop recording before you switch off the aircraft! After the flight connect your aircraft to a PC or Mac and take the high resolution recordings from either the internal memory of Mavic Air or the SD card if you are using one. You will be surprised about the excellent quality.

I realize the difference between cache and full quality however it also shows up on my display while flying .. i also like to check the cache video before wasting time downloading.

Thank you
2018-6-26
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dude, stay away from all the trucks. Try it in a different area in an open space!
2018-6-26
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

That kind of looks like a hardware problem to me, but definitely do the firmware refresh/updates, corrupted code can do funny things. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Oh, strike that hardware problem suggestion if the glitch doesn't show up in the onboard video, a bad camera connector would affect both streamed and saved video types.

2018-6-26
Use props
peters131965
lvl.2

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-6-26 13:57
That kind of looks like a hardware problem to me, but definitely do the firmware refresh/updates, corrupted code can do funny things. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Oh, strike that hardware problem suggestion if the glitch doesn't show up in the onboard video, a bad camera connector would affect both streamed and saved video types.

Yes its only cached and display video not video on the drone .. i was thinking a antenna or transmission issue although i have no problems with controlling the drone .. not sure if its separate signals for control and video.

Thanks for yhe reply.
2018-6-26
Use props
peters131965
lvl.2

dronist Posted at 2018-6-26 13:49
Dude, stay away from all the trucks. Try it in a different area in an open space!

Are you thinking interference from yhe trucks
2018-6-26
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

peters131965 Posted at 2018-6-26 14:20
Are you thinking interference from yhe trucks

Yupper!  You might also have cell towers around if you are in a rest stop!
2018-6-26
Use props
peters131965
lvl.2
United States

Update .. the issue has now moved into recorded video on the drone as well.
2018-6-27
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

peters131965 Posted at 2018-6-27 03:32
Update .. the issue has now moved into recorded video on the drone as well.

Did you try to fly in an open space?
2018-6-27
Use props
peters131965
lvl.2

Yes in several locations .. my mistake not in recorded video just in cache and screen
2018-6-27
Use props
peters131965
lvl.2

Ok .. think I have done enough test and to say it must be a hardware issue.

Tried differnt phones, different locations, wired and wifi modes. I've reset camera setting to default as well as drone settings to default. Reinstalled latest firmware.

I've recorded in and out of town, airplane mode on and off, cell towers and no cell towers, close to trucks and as far away from anything metal as I could get.

In conclusion the video interference show up on screen as well in the cached video .. NOT in the recorded video as I said it did before .. my bad!

Thank you all for your suggestions and help. I am now dealing with DJI Support as Best Buy is of no use at all (where I purchased the drone) I am hoping DJI will do right buy me since this problem occurred right from day one.
2018-6-28
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

the same problem happens when its a little bit away
2020-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules