No map or radar
4944 7 2018-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FauxFilm
lvl.2
United States

Hi all...

I'm hoping (suspecting) this is just some settings issue that I'm too ignorant to figure out.

Recently I was prompted to update the DJIGo and DJIGo 4 apps on my CrystalSky.

Now when flying my Mavic I no longer have the satellite map nor radar (see pic).

What am I doing wrong, or where can I go to get it back?  I'm poked around, but the DJI Go 4 settings aren't that intuititive, especially when it comes to finding buried items.

Much thanks (from someone who should be smarter)...

Todd

DJIGO4.jpg
2018-6-26
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

Do you have wifi enabled so map can be loaded ? The radar is there....tap on the top right icon in the mapbox (looks like crosshairs) and thats the radar. Tap the radar when its open in the middle and it will revert back to mapbox. Cheers mate.
2018-6-26
Use props
FauxFilm
lvl.2
United States

Ok yes, I have the radar (not that is that much use to me, I honestly have never really figured out how to interpret the radar).

But not the maps... I still have no map/locator, that screen is just black. Obviously that is very important.

Am I missing something on how to activate this?  I've tried turning WiFi on but that doesn't seem to make a difference.  Honestly I don't know if I've ever bothered checking WiFi (unless doing something like a firmware update)... the map has just always been there.  I didn't know WiFi ever made a difference as I use the CrystalSky monitor hardwired into the controller.  But nonetheless it seems to make no difference.

I desperately need the maps back.  Some setting or something I'm missing??  

Can anyone help??

So much thanks in advance,

Todd
2018-6-26
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

FauxFilm Posted at 2018-6-26 19:23
Ok yes, I have the radar (not that is that much use to me, I honestly have never really figured out how to interpret the radar).

But not the maps... I still have no map/locator, that screen is just black. Obviously that is very important.

Your CrystalSky does have wireless. You will have to enable it to download the map of where you want to fly using the Go app. Myself personally I never use the maps (rarely) but use the radar 90% of the time. Hope you get it sorted.
2018-6-26
Use props
FauxFilm
lvl.2
United States

Yes, I know the CrystalSky has wifi... as said in my previous post it seems to make no difference whether it is on or not.

Are you saying I have to manually download a map of a specific area that I am flying?  How does one do that?

I have never had to do that before... I have flown the Mavic in various parts of the country and have never had to do anything to activate the map, it was always just there.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks!
Todd
2018-6-26
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

FauxFilm Posted at 2018-6-26 21:36
Yes, I know the CrystalSky has wifi... as said in my previous post it seems to make no difference whether it is on or not.

Are you saying I have to manually download a map of a specific area that I am flying?  How does one do that?

This video might help you:

2018-6-26
Use props
FauxFilm
lvl.2
United States

Thank you Wachtberger, that was very helpful.

I've downloaded offline maps and have my maps back now.

Apparently this issue started when DJI switched from Google maps to some other map provider (with no warning... or at least I didn't get one).  I've never had to download a map before... previously the maps were always just there.

I'm not a fan of the new maps, but at least they are back.

Thanks!
Todd
2018-6-27
Use props
fans8e6784cd
lvl.1

Canada

I can’t see any maps. Only black screens. No maps will download either.
2023-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules