DJI GS Pro. Can I install on P4A PLUS
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bruce_Williams
New
Flight distance : 35161 ft
Australia

Hi ,
I own the Phantom 4 Advanced Plus with built in screen. I want to run mapping software. Can I install on my RC. If not, can I attach an iOS screen to the RC and run that screen instead of the built-in screen. How do I exit DJI Go 4 App if say drone deploy wants to take control. Thanks
2018-6-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You can't run DroneDeploy and most (all?) other 3rd party mapping apps on the + version.

2018-6-26
Use props
blueice007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 432264 ft

Hong Kong

GSPro can only be installed on the ipad,screen built in RC can not installed it.
Neither can P4A+  attach  third party devices.

I noticed that you own both P4A & P4A, if the RC of P4P without built-in screem, then you may use it to control P4A  with an IPad  installed GSPro , the RC is compatible.
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. However, GS Pro can only be downloaded in IOS. Also, you can't connect another device when your remote has already a built-in screen.
2018-6-27
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Agree with blueice. If your P4P controller is a non + and on some of the later firmware levels you can use that for the P4A.
Under settings in the app, enter settings for RC and in Advanced settings select P4A as aircraft type. Restart, power on the P4A and perform the link procedure.

You also can use the + controller from your P4A to fly your P4P using the above procedure, just be aware that each time you switch aircraft type you might have to re-link.
2018-6-27
Use props
Bruce_Williams
New
Flight distance : 35161 ft
Australia

Hi all,
Thanks for the replies. I didn't actually own two RCs, at least not until today. Had to buy a P4P/P4A controller to enable iPad use. Wish I'd known the P4A+ does not support any third party apps when I bought it. Mea Culpa I guess.
2018-6-27
Use props
Dynamic Aero Drone Systems, Inc.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22697 ft
United States

Just saw this post.  Same thing happened to me.  I bought another controller when I found out the built in screen was NO JOY!
2018-9-23
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8832 ft
Spain

Thank you DJI for our limited plus controllers !!!!

2018-10-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Alvaro L Posted at 2018-10-3 01:25
Thank you DJI for our limited plus controllers !!!!

You are the one that chose to buy it.
If it's not what you needed, you have only yourself to blame.
2018-10-3
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Spain

Labroides Posted at 2018-10-3 01:46
You are the one that chose to buy it.
If it's not what you needed, you have only yourself to blame.

Thanks Labroides for your understanding too. Be advised that in general the seller I bough the craft from let me return the item with no questions asked within certain period of time and I am sure DJI and its resellers are not interested in a mess of P4 plus returns because nowhere in its sales brochures clearly explains that the plus controller does not allow for third app installation. Also the tone of the threads posted here and in other forums about this issue hints that there is a miscommunication problem about this no-feature DJI has to adress in one way or another.

Besides, I did not choose to buy a limited capabilities controller.

2018-10-3
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Spain

To the thread starter, return the item if you bought it new and your reseller policy allow for it and buy the one you need. It is the only way DJI will learn.
2018-10-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Alvaro L Posted at 2018-10-3 03:35
Thanks Labroides for your understanding too. Be advised that in general the seller I bough the craft from let me return the item with no questions asked within certain period of time and I am sure DJI and its resellers are not interested in a mess of P4 plus returns because nowhere in its sales brochures clearly explains that the plus controller does not allow for third app installation. Also the tone of the threads posted here and in other forums about this issue hints that there is a miscommunication problem about this no-feature DJI has to adress in one way or another.

Besides, I did not choose to buy a limited capabilities controller.
You are absolutely right.
The manufacturer should make it do whatever it is that you want it to do.
Buyers shouldn't have to do any research to find out what  features a product does or doesn't have.

There are only 100 threads (or more) here discussing the limitations of the + controller.
Ever since they released the P4 pro+ nearly two years ago it's been more than well known that it won't accept 3rd party apps.
2018-10-3
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Spain

Labroides Posted at 2018-10-3 04:52
You are absolutely right.
The manufacturer should make it do whatever it is that you want it to do.
Buyers shouldn't have to do any research to find out what  features a product does or doesn't have.

It is a pity everyone is not as intelligent as you Labroides, because even there are so many evident clues in this forum you spend so many time in that the plus controller is an useless toy, still people keep falling for it.

2018-10-3
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Spain

Dynamic Aero Drone Systems, Inc. Posted at 2018-9-23 10:22
Just saw this post.  Same thing happened to me.  I bought another controller when I found out the built in screen was NO JOY!

yes but please don't buy from DJI or its official resellers, because if do so you would be rewarding deceptive marketing practices,

please buy secondhand from some poor soul who lost his or her drone away, at least it will alleviate a little bit his or her pain
2018-10-3
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Spain

In this corner of the world where I live, omissions that can influence a buyer decision are considered deceptive marketing. It happens also in other corners of the world by the way. If consumers keep getting back to DJI to buy the appropiate controller for their needs, then it is clear that DJI won't do nothing to change this situation.

For instance, in the European Union, The unfair commercial practices Directive says:

Misleading Practices (actions and omissions)
The Directive defines in detail what is considered a misleading action or a misleading
omission
. Actions are the activities traders carry out in the promotion and sales of their
products:

A commercial practice is misleading if it either:
- Contains false information and is therefore untruthful, or
- In any way, including overall presentation, deceives or is likely to deceive the
average consumer, even if the information is correct and
- Causes or is likely to cause him to take a transactional decision that he would have
otherwise not taken

Many other countries do have directives about misleading omissions like the european one, for instance Australia or the United States:

The Federal Trade Commission Act allows the FTC to act in the interest of all consumers to prevent deceptive and unfair acts or practices. In interpreting Section 5 of the Act, the Commission has determined that a representation, omission or practice is deceptive if it is likely to:
  • mislead consumers and
  • affect consumers' behavior or decisions about the product or service.

This is why the best course of action is:

1. Return the P4P/A+ if you bought it new and the reseller policy allow for it and get refunded. Buy then the one you need. Explain them that is is a case of deceptive marketing by omission.

2. In any case don't buy a second controller from DJI because if you do so, you would be rewarding deceptive marketing practices. If you can not return it an get refunded then buy the appropriate controller secondhand.
2018-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules