DJI Spark IMU errors
2057 5 2018-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CHEFFY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164596 ft
Canada

So I just got back from a flight in my area and upon testing the distance of the spark, I get a Poor GPS error on the screen and an IMU Header error. The drone drops to ATTI mode and drifted for a second before It reconnected to GPS mode and I managed to fly it back. I have the flight data shared here with the following link:

Flight Data

Is this a cause for concern? Maybe the water threw off the compass a bit? I believe i had full satellite bars and then they dropped to zero suddenly. I'm going to do a test flight in a field away from my area, and see if I see the same results.

Thanks,
2018-6-26
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

No, BUT you fly on Sport mode.... When aggrassive turning on sport can caused yaw errors
2018-6-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. It is a good idea to try flying your drone to a different location. Normally,  aircraft will revert to ATTI mode when GPS signal is weak, or when the compass experiences interference where Vision System is unavailable. Please make sure that there are no metals or magnets near your drone, including watch or any accessories that have metal on it to avoid interference. Let us know if the problem is still the same in a different location.
2018-6-27
Use props
CHEFFY
lvl.2
Canada

Jos A Posted at 2018-6-27 00:00
No, BUT you fly on Sport mode.... When aggrassive turning on sport can caused yaw errors

Yeah I've since been less aggressive on the sticks when in sport mode, as I mainly use it for speed. There was no metal in the area to cause interference as far as i'm aware, but i'll report back today with a different location.
2018-6-27
Use props
CHEFFY
lvl.2
Canada

Success! I recalibrated everything again and burned through two batteries with no issues. Flew 1000m away before I stared to get uncomfortable. Feels rock solid right now... I did lower the maximum speed slider in the controller to maybe curb some yaw issues, and sport mode is still plenty fast.
2018-6-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

CHEFFY Posted at 2018-6-27 18:45
Success! I recalibrated everything again and burned through two batteries with no issues. Flew 1000m away before I stared to get uncomfortable. Feels rock solid right now... I did lower the maximum speed slider in the controller to maybe curb some yaw issues, and sport mode is still plenty fast.

Good to hear that. Let us know if you have other concern. We are happy to help you.
2018-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules