Gh5 not connecting with Ronin-S
11228 16 2018-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dornaden
lvl.1
Brazil

I just got my ronin s and balanced and connected up the Gh5, the gh5 is connected into the follow focus system. However with the connection of the cable, the gh5 locks up into a USB mode which means that the GH5 just doesn't work when connected with the Ronin s all together. I contacted support from China to the US, The connection was bad but he only wanted to know my camera model and on telling him it was a GH5 he said there is a firmware update that hasn't been released yet. Yet I've seen people online using the gh5 and in test demos of it working, so I'm wondering is there a workaround or a fix in the meantime?
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Dornaden, we're sorry for the troubles. Please refer below and try again later. If the issue remains, please kindly offer a short video for further assistance, thanks in advance!

1. Choose PC (Tether) mode upon connection;
2. To pull focus with Ronin-S, the focus mode toggle on the camera should be set to MF;
3. To trigger camera's auto focus, half press the Camera Control button on the gimbal and ensure the camera's focus mode is set to AFS/AFF/AFC.
2018-6-27
Use props
FRMLproductions
lvl.1
Canada

For me, the "Choose Tether Mode" menu doesn't appear... instead, when I turn on my GH5 the screen is stuck on "connecting to PC.." but never connects. is there a firmware update needed already (im current on my Gh5) and using the proper cord provided..?
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

FRMLproductions Posted at 2018-7-12 22:53
For me, the "Choose Tether Mode" menu doesn't appear... instead, when I turn on my GH5 the screen is stuck on "connecting to PC.." but never connects. is there a firmware update needed already (im current on my Gh5) and using the proper cord provided..?

May I know what is the current firmware version of your camera? Can you please show us some pictures of the message in your camera?
2018-7-13
Use props
Dornaden
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Forgot to say thank you for the help the tether mode change fixed the problem for me, however the half press focus isn't working still, any ideas?
2018-7-15
Use props
Dornaden
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Actually, reread your instructions and understand that you can't have auto focus when focus pull wheel is working
2018-7-15
Use props
Iain Anderson
lvl.1
Australia

As of the current firmware update, half-pressing the focus button on the GH5 does do autofocus when in MF mode. This is the same behaviour as you get when using the AF/AE Lock button, if you assign it "AF-ON" in the menus.

That's actually problematic, because the camera now autofocuses every time I start recording with the gimbal. You can't press a button without also half pressing it!

There's actually another small button next to the focus wheel itself, and I'd love to be able to use that button to autofocus. Right now, I can't set my focus manually and then start recording, because it'll reset the focus every single time.
2018-7-25
Use props
FRMLproductions
lvl.1
Canada

FRMLproductions Posted at 2018-7-12 22:53
For me, the "Choose Tether Mode" menu doesn't appear... instead, when I turn on my GH5 the screen is stuck on "connecting to PC.." but never connects. is there a firmware update needed already (im current on my Gh5) and using the proper cord provided..?

i had to select the correct tether mode with the ronin-s disconnected. it was buried in the menu somewhere.. i thorough top to bottom look led me to it ;)
2018-8-1
Use props
FRMLproductions
lvl.1
Canada

the pull focus wheel works when i'm not recording, then when I record it doesn't work anymore.. ummm why is that happening ? thanks

Gh5 + ronin-s + panasonic 8-18mm
2018-8-1
Use props
FRMLproductions
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-13 01:25
May I know what is the current firmware version of your camera? Can you please show us some pictures of the message in your camera?

everything was updated to the most current of the firmwares. thanks for your help. i resolved it by finding the menu area while camera was disconnected from the Ronin-s. cheers
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

FRMLproductions Posted at 2018-8-1 19:24
everything was updated to the most current of the firmwares. thanks for your help. i resolved it by finding the menu area while camera was disconnected from the Ronin-s. cheers

Glad to know you have figured it out, please let us know if you have further issues.
2018-8-2
Use props
szucker
New
Spain

Hi!

I'm also having the issue of the record button on the Ronin S triggering auto-focus even when my GH5 is set to MF mode, and the lens is also set to MF mode. I upgraded to the most recent firmware of the GH5 and Ronin S but still can't press record on the gimbal without the camera hunting for focus. Has anyone solved this problem?

Thanks!
2018-8-26
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

szucker Posted at 2018-8-26 10:22
still can't press record on the gimbal without the camera hunting for focus. Has anyone solved this problem?

This is just the way it works.  There is no workaround.
2018-9-4
Use props
Iain Anderson
lvl.1
Australia

Thank you to DJI for fixing this focus issue in the new (August 2018) firmware. It now works perfectly with my GH5 — I can start recording without changing focus, and I can easily focus without starting recording. Great!
For anyone having issues, maybe try a firmer, quicker push of the record button? A slow press may still autofocus, a quick press doesn't.
2018-9-5
Use props
partigliani
New

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 6-27 02:04
Hi Dornaden, we're sorry for the troubles. Please refer below and try again later. If the issue remains, please kindly offer a short video for further assistance, thanks in advance!

1. Choose PC (Tether) mode upon connection;

Hi Susan , I try to Conect the pull focus with my gh5s ,I did the last update firmware and continue don’t reconigze when I recording .only when camera is standby so please if you can help me thank you I really bought the ronin s because work perfect w gh5s I don’t understand why this happened! I do appreciate if you give me a solution for this problem.
2018-11-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

partigliani Posted at 11-27 20:55
Hi Susan , I try to Conect the pull focus with my gh5s ,I did the last update firmware and continue don’t reconigze when I recording .only when camera is standby so please if you can help me thank you I really bought the ronin s because work perfect w gh5s I don’t understand why this happened! I do appreciate if you give me a solution for this problem.

Hi partigliani, may I know what's the format of your recording? Could you upload a short video of your operation for better assistance? Thanks in advance!
2018-11-29
Use props
BadgerOfSteel
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Im having issues too. I have connected my camera and have both the latest firmware on the Ronin S and GH5. Once I connect via PC tether (the camera sees the connection) the ronin does nothing (no record or show a connection in the app to the camera (its connected to the ronin s ok)). Could this be a wiring issue? The camera obviously sees the connection but no control is coming out of it at all. When i plug in the IR connection the ronin acknowledges it).
2019-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules