My first flight
1366 17 2015-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BazzaVMC
lvl.2

Australia

After reading the manuals, pilot training guides and many tutorial videos on youtube numerous times, I thought it was time to give old girl a whirl...
At about the 1:30 mark a flock of pigeons swarmed me, it was quite a surprise, at first I thought they were trying to attack it, but I later noticed that I had inadvertantly flew into the flight path of homing pigeons, they circled a couple of times then went on their merry way...

...And yes I know, the music coud have been better, but videos are quite boring without sound, besides, it was just a quick edit so I could share with my friends on facebook before I uploaded it to youtube

Cheers

2015-5-17
Use props
BazzaVMC
lvl.2

Australia

Does anyone know why the sun flickered like that at the beginning?
Could it be from the props?
2015-5-17
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Nice first flight
I think the flickering at the start is the auto white balance having a hard time deciding on the setting.
2015-5-17
Use props
BazzaVMC
lvl.2

Australia

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-5-18 05:22
Nice first flight
I think the flickering at the start is the auto white balance having a hard tim ...

Cheers mate
Yeah that seems to make sense
2015-5-17
Use props
thedjiguy
lvl.1

United States

You should try flying over a lake with birds attacking. I saw a video of a Phantom going down in a lake because of it,.
2015-5-17
Use props
BazzaVMC
lvl.2

Australia

thedjiguy Posted at 2015-5-18 07:08
You should try flying over a lake with birds attacking. I saw a video of a Phantom going down in a l ...

I think I'll stay as far from water as possible for now, I'm still learning, even when I am experienced, I reckon I'd want to mount the thing on a beach ball with outriggers lol
2015-5-17
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

BazzaVMC Posted at 2015-5-18 07:51
I think I'll stay as far from water as possible for now, I'm still learning, even when I am experi ...

Bazza,

Great first video! If you're riding that scoot, you'll be flying over the water in a bit! Take your time and have some fun! Just curious, what's the VMC?

Jerry
2015-5-17
Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-5-17
Use props
srtgray
lvl.2

Switzerland

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-5-18 05:22
Nice first flight
I think the flickering at the start is the auto white balance having a hard tim ...

More likely trying to sort out exposure.  It looks like the iris opening and closing (assuming the camera has an iris...)
2015-5-17
Use props
srtgray
lvl.2

Switzerland

Nice video, looking forward to getting my bird so I can post one
2015-5-17
Use props
BazzaVMC
lvl.2

Australia

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-5-18 11:13
Bazza,

Great first video! If you're riding that scoot, you'll be flying over the water in a bit!  ...

Cheers Jerry,

Yes time and practice is key...
I edited out where I had performed the nose out/nose in  forward/reverse square circle and figure 8 according to the "Phantom Pilot Training Guide" (and youtube tutorials), these things are surprisingly easy to fly and a hell of a lot of fun (I may grow old, but I refuse to grow up lol)

To explain the "VMC" I'm an associate member of Veterans Motorcycle Club, we used to be called Vietnam Veterans MC but the name was changed to accommodate for those that served in Afghanistan, Iraq, East Timor etc... (We are not an outlaw/1% club)...
Associate member being due to the fact that I was unable to join the Australian Defence Force because of having heart/lung surgery when I was 19 (46 now).
Being an associate member is as close as I can get to wholeheartedly supporting those that gave their all for their country (AUS, NZ, UK, US and not to forget the Fuzzy Wuzzy Angels of Papua New Guinea)
2015-5-17
Use props
BazzaVMC
lvl.2

Australia

Axeman Posted at 2015-5-18 12:56
Nice job Bazza and the pigeon encounter was awesome. Love the landing, you greased it.
Thanks for sh ...

Cheers Axeman,

Yeah I was kind of nervous with the landing, so I took it as slow as possible...
Looking forward to sharing more adventures
2015-5-17
Use props
BazzaVMC
lvl.2

Australia

srtgray Posted at 2015-5-18 14:25
Nice video, looking forward to getting my bird so I can post one

When you do make the right decision to get one, just make sure you do as I had done and read EVERYTHING at least 3 times...
Here's a video I followed to a T to make sure that all the firmware was up to date before I even dare activate the motors, let alone fly it...
I've read too many stories of the dreaded "fly away" so I mad sure it's not going to happen...
2015-5-17
Use props
BazzaVMC
lvl.2

Australia

]

2015-5-17
Use props
srtgray
lvl.2

Switzerland

Cheers for  that Baz. Just got confirmation that the P2V+v3 (phew!) is in the post.   Looking forward to charging everything up, updating all the firmware, and trying it out
2015-5-18
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

That was pretty cool......dang, gotta get another bike! You're gonna have a lot of fun with your Phantom.
2015-5-18
Use props
BazzaVMC
lvl.2

Australia

Raybro Posted at 2015-5-18 22:38
That was pretty cool......dang, gotta get another bike! You're gonna have a lot of fun with your Pha ...

Cheers
I reckon so, it's been raining pretty hard since that day, so no joy for me for a while, itching to get it out there again...

...And just to tease you a little more and maybe influence you to get another bike lol, here's my last 2 bikes (had 18 other bikes)...
Btw I dig your pic of Space Ghost
IMG_20120613_124423.jpg Katana 1.jpg

2015-5-18
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

BazzaVMC Posted at 2015-5-18 22:46
Cheers
I reckon so, it's been raining pretty hard since that day, so no joy for me for a while,  ...

You've got me beat! I have had 4 over my lifetime. Last one was an HD FLSTF. You need to see JtrJr's collection.
2015-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules