Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wrong WLAN settings - your aircraft is flying in different countr...
12Next >
8573 40 2018-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mirek6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Guys,

My Spark just returned form repair facility in US. I live in Canada. My old Spark developed issues with gimbal. Instead of fixing my Spark DJI decided to replace it alltogether with a refurbished one (different serial number and yes - I did confirm that it was refurbished).

After I received it I did some flight tests. Went through 4 batteries, different flying modes, different shooting modes - all fine. Happy. Gimbal works. Eveything works.
However, every time I connect Spark to RC I get an annoying pop-up on the DJI GO screen - see pictuer below.

After I click OK, the window disappers, connection between Spark and RC gets broken and after a while Spark connects again.
I believe that after this sequence Spark understand that it is flying in Canada under FCC rules since I can choose max distance of up to 5,000 metres.

But this is not the point. It simply wastes time, is annoying, and reminds me every time that this bird is an alien from some country faraway :-).

I contacted DJI Support. They responded immediately (as they always do) and asked me to follow multiple steps. Clear DJI Go cache, reinstall DJI GO, reset Spark to factory settings, upgrade firmware etc. Did all of this (I spend half of last night going through these proceduers) - yet the same issue remains

DJI Support asked me to pack up my drone and send it for free for another repair.

I cannot believe that this is harware issue. Country information must be stored somehere in Spark's memory. It must be possible to clear and reset it somehow and ask Spark to get a new, correct one. Replacing Spark becasue of popping window? Seems like nonsense to me. Unless Sparks sent to different countries for sale have differing h/w (Wifi antennas or something like that) - hard to believe.

DJI is sending me a courrier shipping label (yes - they are fast) but, before I part with my Spark again for a few weeks, I thought that some of you may know how to fix it. It cannot be that difficult. If I can reset this darn thing why would we need to go through shipment/new Spark/shipment back nonsense?

Yes - I did search through forum and found similar posts but I did not find any resolution.

Please help.

Mirek

Different country pop-up.JPG
2018-6-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the trouble that it caused if may I ask what phone are you using? Did you manage to change different phones to see if we will be receiving same notification? is it occurring everytime you will fly your aircraft?
2018-6-27
Use props
Mirek6
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-27 08:56
Hi, sorry for the trouble that it caused if may I ask what phone are you using? Did you manage to change different phones to see if we will be receiving same notification? is it occurring everytime you will fly your aircraft?

DJI Tony,

I appreciate your prompt reply but please do not try to guess here.
This issue has nothing to do with the phone. I use approved LG device which worked very well with my previous Spark which I bought through Amazon in Canada, Only after DJI US repair facility replaced my Spark with refurbished one, this issue started to pop up.

Country WLAN code is stored in Spark - not in mobile. It is obvious since:
1. The message appears after Spark gets connected with Remote Controller and thus mobile.
2. The message clearly says that "Aircraft will reset its WLAN settings in accordance with local regulations"

After I click OK, Spark indeed resets its setting to may current location, disconnects and connects again.
However, When I power it off to replace battery an than connect back, the same thing happens anew.

This is some default stored in Spark's non-volatile memory. There must be a way to reset it, but resetting to factory defaults and than reloading new firmware again does not help. My Spark is stuck thinking that it is flying in a foreign country.

Please consult with your software engineers to understand exactly how this works and what can be done. DJI Support asked me to send the Spark back for repairs and they are issuing a shipping label for me now. This is nonsense. I really don't won't to endure another 3 weeks without Spark only to receive another refurbished one where something else will be wrong.

I don't believe anything is wrong with this bird as far as h/w is concerned. Location is in firmware somewhere written in Spark's memory.

Please investigate and help. It will be very much appreciated.  
2018-6-27
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Dear Mirek,

Thank you for pointing this out to me. I am glad to serve you as some help or give you some ideas, as you have been so helpful to me.

First of all, can I know which type of OS are you using please - Android or IOS ?

When the WIFI LAN Menu Pops Up - Does it give you the Option to Cancel too ? As I am seeing just OK in the Picture.

This is a Software Wise Problem, not Hardware. There is surely an Instruction to check the GPS Position when the Spark is Turn ON (Booting) and according to the GPS Co-ordinates, if the Program sees you are in the US it will prompt you this Message to switch to FCC Mode, and if in Europe it will see it is in CE Mode and skip the warning. The Spark seems it is a Refurbished Unit from Asia or Europe so natively it was in CE Mode.

Now, the warning is being Visible on the Application, while the Spark and DJI GO4 App are talking to each other.

So, I suspect its more of a DJI GO4 App problem. The Firmware was last updated in Dec 2017 if I am not mistaken.

Can you try to do this ?

Do you have an Android or IPhone without ever being used with the DJI GO4 app, maybe a friend or family member just to test, if you do a new installation if this pop up will show ?

I am suspecting that as you had another drone used with your Phone, there is a folder in your phone which was used by DJI GO4 App that is (Read Only) which you cannot delete, there may be some read only non deleteable files that are conflicting with the current app, some had issues (Not this type of WIFI LAN POPUP) and tried to rename this Stubborn Folder to eg - DJIGO4_OLD. Then restart the phone, and try a New Fresh DJI GO4 App installation.

I think if you have an Android it will be far more easy as you can role back version of the DJI Go4, with IPhone it will be harder to solve this.

2018-6-27
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Mirek6 Posted at 2018-6-27 10:13
DJI Tony,

Mirek I think the Procedure will be this -

When the DJI Go4 will see that it is in a Different Region, it should send the Information to the Spark RAM Chip (Random Access Memory) where it can store and remember the Choice you have made when the POP UP showed on your DJI GO4 App.

This POPUP is showing that the RAM is refreshing itself when you turn the Spark Off. So when its back on it won't remember anything. I don't know why but I suspect this is a Bug from the DJI GO4 App as it is not giving the instructions to the Spark to 'KEEP THAT CHOICE' and move it from the RAM Cache to a Storage Area where it can recall it when the Spark is booting up.

This should be Recorded in a type of Autoexecute File, so that when Booting the Spark say - Ahhhaaa hes in FCC, so no need to show this message again, and skips it.

I think in this particular problem there need to be trial and error, its not so easy to solve if there is no solution. I am sorry if I am speculating Mirek.

2018-6-27
Use props
Mirek6
lvl.4
Canada

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-27 10:22
Dear Mirek,

Thank you for pointing this out to me. I am glad to serve you as some help or give you some ideas, as you have been so helpful to me.

Hey DMX_MT,

I use Android device – LG. Latest OS.
WiFi menu does not have Cancel button – just OK.

I did delete cache. I did uninstall DJI GO App. I did reinstall DJI GO App.
I also reset Spark to factory defaults and re-installed new firmware.

Perhaps there are some read-only files which were not deleted during re-installation of DJI GO and perhaps there is some disagreement between them and Spark’s code.
This is possible. To test, I will do as you suggested and will try to use Android phone of my friend (who never used it with DJI GO).

Thanks for the advice. I will report back after I had a chance to check it out.

Cheers!

Mirek
2018-6-27
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Mirek6 Posted at 2018-6-27 10:13
DJI Tony,

By the way, weeks ago I told you once that the Units are 'MOSTLY' Refurbished from the conversations I had with other pilots.

A Big Chaos and Again a Fight took place when some guys where telling me I am Lieing. As if I would every Lie just to have a different opinion. This happens a lot in these Forums where I say something and Hell Breaks, then when this come up to the Surface that I was right, no comments from others ! I am used to it now.

So you owe me an Espresso not a Coffee, as you didn't call me liar, directly, you just had a small doubt in me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to tell you Mirek, that what guarantee you have that DJI will not send you another Asian Unit ? And this will happen again.

I can also be some faulty motherboards that are not holding data storage inside the Spark, as you are saying.

I would first do every possible test to overcome this problem, which am very optimistic know your Knowledge and with the help of others that this can be sorted out. I would refrain from sending it back,  it can be frustrating I know, but at least keep in mind that this is a Very Small Issue, and that the Spark is working well.

2018-6-27
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Mirek6 Posted at 2018-6-27 10:36
Hey DMX_MT,

Well thats Better !

Thank go you have Android as it will help more.

Let me try to find this video about that Folder I told you about, give me 1 Minute.
2018-6-27
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Mirek6 Posted at 2018-6-27 10:36
Hey DMX_MT,

Hey Mirek, I cannot find this Video I saw once, I am not sure if the Folder is here.

With a file manager delete the "\Internal Storage \ DJI " folder in its entirety. <-------

What I suggest is try to uninstall the DJI Go4 App, the go in the filemanager try to delete anything that has got to do with the DJi GO4 app, if you find a folder you cannot delete, it will be that folder I am pointing out, you can try renaming it by adding '_OLD' before the last '.'

Then install a new version of the DJI GO4 App. Are you using the Latest v4.2.20 ? Why don't you reinstall the v4.1.15 ? When the 4.2.12 was launch it was sending bad information to the Spark for New Spark users and BLOCKING THE DRONE with an error called - 'CANNOT TAKE OFF ERROR'.

What if you unistalll the DGI GO4 you current have, RESTART THE PHONE... Roll back to 4.1.15, then fly for a bit of time, and if you want to Update to latest version just do so ? This could solve it for you. If I was you I would keep the 4.1.15, and check if its solved the Popup Screen. No benefit from other Versions. Spark will be soon replaced so I don't think there will invest more in the Actual Spark we have anyways. Now its price is getting lower and lower.

Goodluck Buddy, I know its a Waste of Time, but there are no helpful Posts on this issue I could find.

2018-6-27
Use props
Mirek6
lvl.4
Canada

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-27 11:04
Hey Mirek, I cannot find this Video I saw once, I am not sure if the Folder is here.

With a file manager delete the "\Internal Storage \ DJI " folder in its entirety.

DMX_MT,

Yes - I will experiment as you suggested.

I will not install DJI GO 4.1.15. I had it for a long time (it worked with OTG) but it was crashing every several minutes on my LG G5. 4.2.12 is very, very stable and I am very happy about it. Not even one problem since it was released. This does not mean that it works as well on other devices but on mine it certainly does.

Thanks again and I will report my progress.
2018-6-27
Use props
Mirek6
lvl.4
Canada

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-27 10:44
By the way, weeks ago I told you once that the Units are 'MOSTLY' Refurbished from the conversations I had with other pilots.

A Big Chaos and Again a Fight took place when some guys where telling me I am Lieing. As if I would every Lie just to have a different opinion. This happens a lot in these Forums where I say something and Hell Breaks, then when this come up to the Surface that I was right, no comments from others ! I am used to it now.

DMX_MT,

You say "So you owe me an Espresso not a Coffee, as you didn't call me liar, directly, you just had a small doubt in me. "

With pleasure - coffee on me!

This is not about doubt. My motto is "Trust but verify" :-) This is Russian proverb. So I do trust but I do verify. DJI told me, when I called them that my new unit is new - not refurbished. This is what they said to me over the phone. OK, so I gave them the benefit of doubt.
Than, when I tried to fly, I got the message which clearly suggested that my "new" drone was activated already in other country.

So I challenged DJI Support again. This time the admitted that it was refurbished.

Cheers!

Mirek
2018-6-27
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Mirek6 Posted at 2018-6-27 11:59
DMX_MT,

You say "So you owe me an Espresso not a Coffee, as you didn't call me liar, directly, you just had a small doubt in me. "

Sometimes you buy a Refurbished Product and it lasts for years, then I buy something new and it last till a week after the Guarantee Expires.

Cu around Mirek ! Hope you solve that POP UP Menu thing.
2018-6-27
Use props
Mirek6
lvl.4
Canada

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-27 11:04
Hey Mirek, I cannot find this Video I saw once, I am not sure if the Folder is here.

With a file manager delete the "\Internal Storage \ DJI " folder in its entirety.

DMX_MT,

I followed everything DJI Support suggested and you suggested. No luck.
I did find all kinds of hidden DJI files on my Android (which were left by OS after uninstallation of application) and removed them all - as you suggested.

I reinstalled DJI GO App, reset Spark to factory settings again and reinstalled latest firmware.

Connected to my mobile. Same problem. Spark claims that it is flying in foreign country and needs to reset its settings.

I than took my son-in-law's mobile, installed newest DJI GO App and connected.
Same message.

I am now convinced that country gets burned somewhere into Sparks memory either during manufacturing set-up or during first activation.

It is beyond imagination that DJI Support has no clue how it works and what to do and simply asks to send Spark back to their facilities for repairs. Shame on them.

Needless to say, I am very disappointed and my refurbished Spark is being packed right now and sent back to DJI. At least I do not have to pay for shipment and repairs. But bad taste in my mounth remains after this experience. I question if they even test what they are shipping back to their customers.

OK - enough complaining. I am looking forward to receiving brand new drone from DJI. I will insist on it.
Take care.

Mirek
2018-6-27
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Mirek6 Posted at 2018-6-27 19:13
DMX_MT,

I followed everything DJI Support suggested and you suggested. No luck.

I am very Sorry Mirek. I think sending it back like you are saying is the only option now.

Yes I think during first activation, that data about the Geo Location (FCC / CE Mode) will be probably burned as you said.

Last few weeks there was a guy sending it back 2 times and asking for money or a new drone, but again they sent him a Refurbished One.

Yesterday I read that if in the Serial you see the Letter 'R', I don't know if its starts with it or at the end, but it will be stating it is Refurbished AC. The guy who posted it was @pmshop .

Goodluck Mirek, and Thank you for updating !

2018-6-28
Use props
Mirek6
lvl.4
Canada

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-28 00:48
I am very Sorry Mirek. I think sending it back like you are saying is the only option now.

Yes I think during first activation, that data about the Geo Location (FCC / CE Mode) will be probably burned as you said.

DMX_MT,

I had the same idea you just wrote above - data about country may be burned into Spark's memory during activation. My refurbished Spark was not activated by me. I was only sent instructions how to reconnect to RC - which I did. Last night, when I got totally frustrated with me failing experiments, packed my Spark to send back, and replied to you, I thought about activation.

I tried several methods to activate refurbished Spark but all failed.

I will call DJI Support today and talk to them. I will ask very simple question: When does the Spark learn which country is its home country? If the answer is - during activation or during its first flight, than follow up question is: how to change it so Spark re-learns that it's home country changed.

I have serious doubts that sending Spark back will fix my issue, unless they happen to send me back the refurbished one from Canada. But this is just silly. I need Spark now and I hate to spend my summer sending it back and forth to DJI facilities instead of taking cool videos.

As for @pmshop statement regarding letter R in serial number. Yes - I was told exactly the same by DJI Support few days ago. But it is simply not true. Or maybe it is half truth. Here is why:

When I flew my refurbished Spark for the first time several days ago, I have noticed the WLAN out of country message. This got me thinking that, perhaps, despite that DJI claimed that I got a new drone, it is not new but refurbished. Otherwise how would it have wrong country written in its memory? So I contacted DJI Support again. This time they told me that it may be new or it may be refurbished. They also told me that if serial number contains letter R, it is refurbished. I replied that this is not true - my new Spark - the one which I bought new from Amazon Canada last year, had two letters R in the code and was not refurbished. My current one has letter R in the middle of the serial code. DJI Support than asked me to give them serial number of my current Spark so they can check it for me. They checked and replied that this Spark is, indeed, refurbished.

Perhaps, when Spark has R in serial code it may mean that it is refurbished but this is not certain. As I said, my brand new Spark did have R in the serial number as well.  

More too come after my discussion with DJI. We are learning here although, frankly speaking, I am quite upset over DJI Support incompetence.
2018-6-28
Use props
munchausen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 890217 ft

The lack of Cancel button makes me worry. I don't want to see an app update where I cannot Cancel. I accepted the fate of living with this stupid popup, but I do cancel.
2018-6-28
Use props
Mirek6
lvl.4
Canada

munchausen Posted at 2018-6-28 04:56
The lack of Cancel button makes me worry. I don't want to see an app update where I cannot Cancel. I accepted the fate of living with this stupid popup, but I do cancel.

munchausen,

I will ask DJI about this as well. I suspect (just a speculation) that because I am in Canada, FCC rules apply and Cancel button is not required.

If my new refurbished Spark was activated in CE country where rules on WiFi strength and flight distance are more limited than in Canada, if I Cancelled WLAN reset, I would be needlessly crippled. So lack of Cancel button is, in my case, good.

If my Spark's home was Canada and I flew in Europe than Cancel button may help with my flight distance but I would be braking EU laws by hitting Cancel.

Anyways - this is speculation based on logic but not necessarily on how it really works :-).

I will have discussion with DJI Support and report back on this forum.
2018-6-28
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Mirek6 Posted at 2018-6-28 04:43
DMX_MT,

I had the same idea you just wrote above - data about country may be burned into Spark's memory during activation. My refurbished Spark was not activated by me. I was only sent instructions how to reconnect to RC - which I did. Last night, when I got totally frustrated with me failing experiments, packed my Spark to send back, and replied to you, I thought about activation.

So this Letter 'R' is a Myth.

May this is a Stupid Question -

Can you ask DJI to De-Activate the Spark from there Database in China and you give it a New Activation there in the US ?

Just an idea.

What do you think Mirek.

2018-6-28
Use props
Mirek6
lvl.4
Canada

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-28 08:19
So this Letter 'R' is a Myth.

May this is a Stupid Question -

DMX_MT,

The letter R may or may not be the myth.
What I confirmed for sure is that new Sparks may have letter R in their serial number (this happened with my new Spark).
What I also confirmed was that my refurbished Spark has letter R in its serial number.
This means that letter R does not tell you if Spark is new or refurbished.

But, perhaps all refurbished Sparks have letter R? And new Sparks may have a serial number without
R? I do not know that.

To be sure that it is 100% myth, we would have to have a confirmation from somebody who knows for sure that his Spark was refurbished yet the serial number does not contain R.

But... We will never know the correct answer to this question because how would you know for sure that your Spark was refurbished? By asking DJI? DJI may or may not tell you the truth. They certainly did lie to me when they told me over the phone that they never send refurbished Sparks. Later, when confronted by me again, they checked my Spark's number and did confirmed something different.

Regarding activation - you are on the right track here.

I spent 20 minutes with DJI Support right now and they were totally, I mean totally, useless. They could not answer simplest question outside of repeating their mantra: "send your Spark for repair and our technicians will fix it". Yeah - like they fixed last time :-) (This was sarcastic remark :-).

I work in High Tech in Software Engineering / Telecom. I know how good technical support looks like. The guys DJI hires for phone or e-mail support are grunts with very little training and knowledge. If they are faced with a bit different problem or question they are lost. They will simply send you a shipping label and replace your Spark. This is really bad business and is wasteful.

Anyways - talking about activation. After frustrating 20 minutes with DJI Tech Support I asked them to check if my refurbished Spark was activated and where. This they could do. It turns out my Spark was not activated at all. Duh... I could kick myself, but DJI was negligent really here - when I got my refurbished Spark they sent instructions about how to connect to RC and nothing else. Not a word about activation. When I connected to my RC, Spark flied and all was good - besides annoying pop-up message.

So, if activation will solve it - and chances are it will - bonus to you and me for thinking about it and shame on DJI Support.  

But this is not all. I did try to activate my Spark yesterday. I removed battery so I can access QR code, started DJI GO App, scanned the code and watched DJI GO App trying to connect to my Spark laying on my desk with battery removed! I was speachless at stupidity of DJI. Of course by the time I plugged the battery in and Spark connected, DJI GO would give me error.

When I explained this to DJI Support today and ask him how on earth can DJI expect connection between Spark and DJI GO App when Spark does not have battery and it cannot have battery because its QR code is hidden beneath - he just told me that DJI would call me back within 24-48 hours to follow up .

Believe me, this is totally and utterly ridiculous. By the time they call me, I will have made a photo of QR code and scan that instead while Spark has battery in. Hopefully this will activate it. And hopefully WLAN issue will disappear with activation.

Once I am successful I will describe this on a different thread which I started today. Just so people learn from this.

Wish me luck and thanks for you support!
2018-6-28
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Mirek mine is refurbished as the Seller told me its a Customer Return and NEW, but for the Price I bought it, I am sure it is not NEW but Refurbished. The Box was Open when they sent it from Austria.

The Letter 'R' is written 5 Letters from the last part of the Serial - RXXXX - The 'X' Refer to Numbers not Letters.

Check if your is the 5th Last Letter too, if yes, then 99.9% its Refurbished.

2018-6-28
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

The Repair System of DJI Works Like this Mirek, I was told by others....

MIREK SENDS SPARK 'A' -------------------------------------------> DJI RECEIVES SPARK 'A'

DJI SENDS SPARK 'Z' ------------------------------------------------> MIREK RECEIVES SPARK 'Z'
DARRYL SENDS SPARK 'B' ---------------------------------------- > DJI RECEIVES SPARK 'B'
DJI SENDS SPARK 'A' ------------------------------------------------> DARRYL RECEIVES SPARK 'A'

This is done with First in First Out Procedure, to reduce Delays in the Shipping Process. All Sparks are checked as Working As New Condition, so they just give the Green Light that it will be replaced, and they send you a Refurbished Spark. Then your Spark will be tested, they change every part until it becomes As New Condition and the Circle continues, so your Spark will be posted as soon as it was Fixed.

And Round and Round it goes. Fix and Swap Method.

If I ain't right I owe you a Coffee ! If not you owe me an Espresso + Coffee.

2018-6-28
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Mirek,  have you deleted everything from your phone from the DJI Go4 app, when going back to older versions?
I can't find the topics, but how about trying to clean your phone from DJI Go4 and then installing one of the oldest Go4 in version 30, you can find on apkmirror, for a try?
Or:
Even try an iOS in 4.2.21

2018-6-28
Use props
Mirek6
lvl.4
Canada

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-28 09:16
Mirek mine is refurbished as the Seller told me its a Customer Return and NEW, but for the Price I bought it, I am sure it is not NEW but Refurbished. The Box was Open when they sent it from Austria.

The Letter 'R' is written 5 Letters from the last part of the Serial - RXXXX - The 'X' Refer to Numbers not Letters.

DMX_MT,

I know 100% that my Spark is refurbished. DJI confirmed that when I gave them my serial number. They checked it in their databases.
My refurbished drone has 14-character serial number. Letter R is character number 7. It is eighth character from the end - not fifth like yours.
I know for the fact, that new drone can have serial number with R (as my first drone did). But I cannot say for the fact that drone which does not have letter R in serial number is not refurbished.

In summary:
1. Presence of letter R in serial number does not prove anything - it can be new drone or it can be refurbished drone. The only way to know is to call DJI and ask them to check this number in their database.
2. We have no idea if drone without R in serial number can be refurbished drone. Perhaps not, perhaps yes.
2018-6-28
Use props
Mirek6
lvl.4
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-6-28 10:15
Mirek,  have you deleted everything from your phone from the DJI Go4 app, when going back to older versions?
I can't find the topics, but how about trying to clean your phone from DJI Go4 and then installing one of the oldest Go4 in version 30, you can find on apkmirror, for a try?
Or:

I deleted everything. Including hidden files under Android/obb and Android/data directories. Also entire DJI directory hierarchy.
Besides, As I mentioned, I also installed DJI GO app fresh on different phone which never had DJI GO app before.
2018-6-28
Use props
Mirek6
lvl.4
Canada

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-28 09:23

MIREK SENDS SPARK 'A' -------------------------------------------> DJI RECEIVES SPARK 'A'

What you are saying is most likely right. It was like this in my case. And it makes perfectly good sense to speed the turn-around time.

However, as you know me, I always keep open mind and never jump to 100% conclusions based on data which is not 100% complete. I have been wrong too many times in the past in my assumptions and don't want to sound 100% sure when there is some small chance I may not be right. Hence I often choose words like "most likely", "very probably" etc. However, when I have a definite an unequivocal proof - I say "yes - this is definitely how it works".

In this case data is not 100% complete but yes - you are most likely right :-).
And yes - I will gladly accept a coffee and as gladly owe you a coffee :-)
2018-6-28
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Mirek6 Posted at 2018-6-28 10:33
What you are saying is most likely right. It was like this in my case. And it makes perfectly good sense to speed the turn-around time.

However, as you know me, I always keep open mind and never jump to 100% conclusions based on data which is not 100% complete. I have been wrong too many times in the past in my assumptions and don't want to sound 100% sure when there is some small chance I may not be right. Hence I often choose words like "most likely", "very probably" etc. However, when I have a definite an unequivocal proof - I say "yes - this is definitely how it works".

Mirek, listen it ok when you are wrong on a Forum, some can correct you if you do a mistake. Its not the end of the World. Everyone may make a mistake. We are hear to help each other, not a Competition who is the Wisest.

I admire you not spreading nonsense and checking every single word you post.

You are a Very Nice Guy Buddy, I really am proud we met here.

2018-6-28
Use props
Mirek6
lvl.4
Canada

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-28 13:45
Mirek, listen it ok when you are wrong on a Forum, some can correct you if you do a mistake. Its not the end of the World. Everyone may make a mistake. We are hear to help each other, not a Competition who is the Wisest.

I admire you not spreading nonsense and checking every single word you post.

DMX_MT,

I concluded my quest for WLAN truth. Unfortunately the results are ambiguous.

See: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=154438

Mirek
2018-6-29
Use props
nntom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 548734 ft

United States

Hi. Yesterday bought Spark, Spark wanted to update, updated drone and remote and me also have this pop up. Link remote  with drone, than go to wifi settings in Samsung S5, find RC wifi, connect, enter DJI go latest, in the down right corner connected, but as soon as I enter camera view, same popup with only OK poped up and connection is lost, wifi is not anymore on wifi list, connection remote - drone is lost too. And all day long, same thing. One beep, two beeps, 3 beeps, 3 buttons, flight mode only for Spark's wi fi connection and fly with phone only all versions of approach, but, all the same.  Was saving money for 12 months to buy  a DJI.....And learning english ....
2018-8-3
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

I wonder if the country of origin gets imprinted somehow when its first registered by the first buyer's login. Since this registration  isn't ever changed  maybe that is the reason for the popup. Of course that's no consolation or solution.
2018-8-3
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

is this a common problem or isolated for those with a Spark that was originally from one country, refurbished and distributed to another country?
2018-8-3
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

nntom Posted at 2018-8-3 06:20
Hi. Yesterday bought Spark, Spark wanted to update, updated drone and remote and me also have this pop up. Link remote  with drone, than go to wifi settings in Samsung S5, find RC wifi, connect, enter DJI go latest, in the down right corner connected, but as soon as I enter camera view, same popup with only OK poped up and connection is lost, wifi is not anymore on wifi list, connection remote - drone is lost too. And all day long, same thing. One beep, two beeps, 3 beeps, 3 buttons, flight mode only for Spark's wi fi connection and fly with phone only all versions of approach, but, all the same.  Was saving money for 12 months to buy  a DJI.....And learning english ....

try an otg cabel!
And 4.1.15 for trying to change for good

2018-8-3
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

stuka75 Posted at 2018-8-3 08:23
I wonder if the country of origin gets imprinted somehow when its first registered by the first buyer's login. Since this registration  isn't ever changed  maybe that is the reason for the popup. Of course that's no consolation or solution.

The reason for the popup is: You are flying in a different country.
Just that the bird doesn't can connect after via phone to the RC  or that this popup happens again and again, is "unusual"
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

nntom Posted at 2018-8-3 06:20
Hi. Yesterday bought Spark, Spark wanted to update, updated drone and remote and me also have this pop up. Link remote  with drone, than go to wifi settings in Samsung S5, find RC wifi, connect, enter DJI go latest, in the down right corner connected, but as soon as I enter camera view, same popup with only OK poped up and connection is lost, wifi is not anymore on wifi list, connection remote - drone is lost too. And all day long, same thing. One beep, two beeps, 3 beeps, 3 buttons, flight mode only for Spark's wi fi connection and fly with phone only all versions of approach, but, all the same.  Was saving money for 12 months to buy  a DJI.....And learning english ....

Hi, sorry about the troubles that it caused since you've mentioned that the wi-fi of your RC will not show up on your mobile device, may I know if you tried to check it on other devices to see if the RC wifi can detect? I would suggest using an OTG cable as well if you manage to update the firmware of your aircraft and RC to see if there will be changes. Please keep us posted for further help.
2018-8-4
Use props
Paul Lee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120623 ft
United Kingdom

Just a thought.... Try the floater app and set your location to a non FCC location like UK.... It should ask and give you the option to cancel - But accept the changes.
The restart without floater and if it thinks it is in CE mode then it will ask to change again and accept the changes.
Hopefully this might overwrite the problem location file.
2018-8-5
Use props
nntom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 548734 ft

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-4 05:59
Hi, sorry about the troubles that it caused since you've mentioned that the wi-fi of your RC will not show up on your mobile device, may I know if you tried to check it on other devices to see if the RC wifi can detect? I would suggest using an OTG cable as well if you manage to update the firmware of your aircraft and RC to see if there will be changes. Please keep us posted for further help.

Hi Tony. I have managed this. I was not patient enough and was expecting to be everything so quick. Had to wait.   But I have display problem, and big lag, about 15 seconds. Samsung S5 obviously does not have RAM  and speed for that. A phone getting very hot and loosing battery very fast. With cable is everything fine, but don't like cables around. Thanks
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

nntom Posted at 2018-8-20 00:33
Hi Tony. I have managed this. I was not patient enough and was expecting to be everything so quick. Had to wait.   But I have display problem, and big lag, about 15 seconds. Samsung S5 obviously does not have RAM  and speed for that. A phone getting very hot and loosing battery very fast. With cable is everything fine, but don't like cables around. Thanks

Hi, thanks for the updates. Do you have another mobile device to try on? Please refer to our compatible devices with our DJI Spark to ensure the stabilization of the app.

2018-8-20
Use props
LIk LIk Balus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326204 ft
Australia

I get a similar screen come up on my Go App as I’m now in a different country to where I initially purchased and flee the drone I click ok and that’s the end of it, it doesn’t effect anything as far as I can determine.

I’m going back to Australia on Thursday where first flew the drone, I assume the message will disappear whyI start flying it down there again.

No problems for me.
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

LIk LIk Balus Posted at 2018-8-20 10:55
I get a similar screen come up on my Go App as I’m now in a different country to where I initially purchased and flee the drone I click ok and that’s the end of it, it doesn’t effect anything as far as I can determine.

I’m going back to Australia on Thursday where first flew the drone, I assume the message will disappear whyI start flying it down there again.

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. Please don't hesitate to reach us in any case you need our help.
2018-8-21
Use props
djiuser_N0T0ucnGjj1D
lvl.1

I have the same problem and live in Canada too.
2018-8-25
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-28 09:23

All this theory indicates that the cost of a SPARK is may be not more than 40$ complete with remote !!
2018-8-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules