Facial Recognition
3623 20 2018-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snowspeeder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2149 ft
Singapore

I can't get the spark to recognise my face for palm launch. The firmware is up to date. The beginner's mode set to OFF. What have I missed?
2018-6-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience I would like to clarify if you're doing this palm launch in outside or inside? Kindly see the image below.

2018-6-27
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Background blending with subject's face.  Too far from face or too close to face.  Lighting on face making it not stand out in photo.  i.e.. the sun behind the head while the face is shadowed.
2018-6-27
Use props
snowspeeder
lvl.2
Singapore

Tried both indoors and outdoors (daytime) with the lighting in front of me. Did exactly what the tutorial suggested, but it still could not recognise.
2018-6-27
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

My face cracked the lens   But seriously, is everything clean?  I believe Gesture mode needs to be turned on too.
2018-6-27
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

gesture mode needs to be turned on, but taking off by double clicking the battery should work
2018-6-27
Use props
snowspeeder
lvl.2
Singapore

dj_dread Posted at 2018-6-27 09:10
gesture mode needs to be turned on, but taking off by double clicking the battery should work

Yes, Gesture mode was turned on every time I checked too.  
2018-6-27
Use props
Ronnie.Choy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1261211 ft
Singapore

Try not putting the Spark too near your face? Increase the spatial distance between the Spark and your face.
2018-6-27
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Hope you were able to resolve this.  Facial recognition can be challenging if the background and your face a simular in color.  Make sure you create a contrast between the two and all should be good to go.  Works for me.  This goes for gesture control too; make sure your clothing creates a contrast between clothing and hand gesture.  I haven't had any issues since i keep these based rules in mind before flying'  Cheers,
2018-6-28
Use props
snowspeeder
lvl.2
Singapore

Ronnie.Choy Posted at 2018-6-27 19:47
Try not putting the Spark too near your face? Increase the spatial distance between the Spark and your face.

My hand was stretched out almost an arm's length.
2018-6-28
Use props
snowspeeder
lvl.2
Singapore

Sparky_17 Posted at 2018-6-28 08:43
Hope you were able to resolve this.  Facial recognition can be challenging if the background and your face a simular in color.  Make sure you create a contrast between the two and all should be good to go.  Works for me.  This goes for gesture control too; make sure your clothing creates a contrast between clothing and hand gesture.  I haven't had any issues since i keep these based rules in mind before flying'  Cheers,

Yes I supposed I will have to find more time to keep trying. Lighting, contrast and distance is key.
2018-6-28
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

snowspeeder Posted at 2018-6-28 09:10
Yes I supposed I will have to find more time to keep trying. Lighting, contrast and distance is key.

patience is the biggest thing .. do not rush it.  enjoy and have fun
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

snowspeeder Posted at 2018-6-28 09:10

Would it be possible if you can provide the short video while you're doing palm launch so that we could check what's going on?
2018-6-28
Use props
snowspeeder
lvl.2
Singapore

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-28 16:45
Would it be possible if you can provide the short video while you're doing palm launch so that we could check what's going on?

Yes I'll try to do a video of the palm launch attempt as soon as I can.
2018-6-29
Use props
snowspeeder
lvl.2
Singapore

May I know what movie file extension can I use to upload a video? I tried various formats but it could not upload.
2018-6-30
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

you can't upload video to the forum.
Just pictures.
Videos you have to upload to videoplatformes or dropbox or such and link it.
Perhaps in a PM to the admin
2018-6-30
Use props
snowspeeder
lvl.2
Singapore

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-6-30 07:28
you can't upload video to the forum.
Just pictures.
Videos you have to upload to videoplatformes or dropbox or such and link it.

I c. Thanks.
2018-6-30
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-27 07:44
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience I would like to clarify if you're doing this palm launch in outside or inside? Kindly see the image below.

Thank you ! Nice Tutorial.
2018-6-30
Use props
snowspeeder
lvl.2
Singapore

Basically when I turn on the spark. I waited for the rear lights to flash yellow before pressing the power button twice. There was an immediate flashing of green light (only once) before it turned back to flashing red. Repeated a couple of times and the result the same.
2018-6-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

snowspeeder Posted at 2018-6-30 07:23
May I know what movie file extension can I use to upload a video? I tried various formats but it could not upload.

Hi, you can use dropbox and google drive to upload the issue then provide the link here, kindly hit "Reply" for me to be notified once it's already done.
2018-7-1
Use props
snowspeeder
lvl.2
Singapore

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-1 06:55
Hi, you can use dropbox and google drive to upload the issue then provide the link here, kindly hit "Reply" for me to be notified once it's already done.

Thanks. I'm new to dropbox. Here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8mmokumhlt2yvm/IMG_0772.mov?dl=0
2018-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules