DJI CLASS ACTION SUIT PLANTIFFS CONTACT
123Next >
5501 90 2018-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiclassaction2
lvl.1
United States

We  appreciate all of you reaching out with your stories, but we can only  represent plaintiffs from the united states.  Thanks!!  Casey Corbin  Have you been harmed by the DJI Go app preventing you from flying in no  fly zones? No matter what your intent is,  just hovering over the ground to film dogs or just to test you gear,  DJI illegally controls your purchased drone in no fly zones. There is no  law requiring DJI to do this. They simply want to control your  independent actions to protect their liability. You purchased the drone,  who is DJI to tell you how to use it. If you break the law, law  enforcement should deal with you not DJI. I have seen all of you on  forums upset too. All I was trying to do was hover at 20 feet and film  where my dog last played before he died. I was a mile from a dirt strip  airport in the middle of nowhere Idaho. It would not let me use my  drone. It took me half a day to get to the location. I have seen dozens  of similar stories in forums. I will be posting the call for plaintiffs  across all forums. Thankfully, the law is on our side. We need at least  100 people to come forward to join our class action suit against DJI. We  will handle everything. We just need your stories and contact  information. We will get the app changed and seek damages of $100  million. This will be divided among the plaintiffs - you! Please contact  us with your stories of how DJI caused you loss of time, income or  emotional distress - helpme@DJIClassAction.com
2018-6-27
Use props
djiclassaction2
lvl.1
United States

2018-6-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I actually like the limits Dji has imposed in regards to NFZ. This prevents Idiots from flying in Restricted Airspace and stops them from causing damage and possibly the loss of lives if it happens to hit a plane in take off or landing. This feature should stay
2018-6-27
Use props
GazFromBrum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38606 ft
United Kingdom

DJI does'nt illegally make you purchase its drones......... nobody hides the fact that DJI drones have built in restrictions regarding NFZ.......... good luck with your lawsuit.... if you win you can go buy another manufacturers drone without NFZ...... which you should have done earlier...... would have saved you making your lawsuit and me from reading your dribble.
2018-6-27
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

The inclusion of NFZ was actually one of the reasons I chose DJI.   I think it can be modified to allow you to fly under, say 50ft (15m) because that would allow the type of flight that you're talking about, but I don't think a Class Action is the answer.  Thanks for the invitation, but I am not personally harmed by this, so therefore would not qualify.  I wish you the best in your quest.  
2018-6-27
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Sorry to say, but there are a few persons on here who apparently need professional assistance for their condition and it is clearly not a lawyer who could take care of that.
2018-6-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-27 10:52
Sorry to say, but there are a few persons on here who apparently need professional assistance for their condition and it is clearly not a lawyer who could take care of that.

Your being far to hard on yourself!  
I give you though for coming forward, and taking the needed first step - acknowledgement.
2018-6-27
Use props
djiclassaction2
lvl.1
United States

Sorry kids, those of you who believe you will kill someone without big brother watching you are kinda sad!!!  What DJI has done is actually against several laws and consumer protections.  They are controlling our property from their app.  I have dozens of people ready to move forward.  As soon as we hit 100 we will let the legal team move forward.  As for some of you.....i hope you have a lot of companies controlling you, since you have so little faith in yourselves!!!  For starters, I hope your cars are forced to stop if you go over the speed limit!!!!!!  What a weak country we have become!!!
2018-6-27
Use props
bjashton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245932 ft
United Kingdom

The app allows you to check a map ahead of time to check any restrictions. They also have a mechanism for requesting unlocking if it really matters. So despite any sympathy about the situation this is really user error. Ironically the fact you only discovered the presence of the airport when the drone wouldn't fly kind of proves the need for that feature.

We should also recognize that without this feature every drone becomes a potential terrorist / idiot weapon. So I think we should thank the foresight of DJI in keeping drone use more safe which has kept them so unregulated, available and usable. If DJI hadn't done this then I think it's likely legislators would have achieved the same results.

I think any lawsuit would be counter productive and harm drone users. Or result in terrorism. Frankly it's hard to find an upside unless you are a lawyer wanting to take a punt at a class action for money or publicity. I also think reacting like this to good rules is a red flag and would highlight someone I wouldn't want to be around / do business with. What other rules don't they agree with / want to get away with?
2018-6-27
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Clearly DJI Classaction1 didn't work.
2018-6-27
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

3-D Posted at 2018-6-27 10:34
The inclusion of NFZ was actually one of the reasons I chose DJI.   I think it can be modified to allow you to fly under, say 50ft (15m) because that would allow the type of flight that you're talking about, but I don't think a Class Action is the answer.  Thanks for the invitation, but I am not personally harmed by this, so therefore would not qualify.  I wish you the best in your quest.

Ah... so now we have a legal (?) entity advocating breaking the laws of this country.... I totally agree with 3-D in that I do wish that the software would allow a minimum of 50' AGL within the NFZ, but I knew the policy before I bought my drone.  

You state that "those of you who believe you will kill someone without big brother watching...."  Well, there IS a possibility of injury or damage to a low flying aircraft.  So why run the risk?  I've worked a few plane crashes in my life.  One minor single engine and two major aircraft crashes.  I don't want to do that again, and I sure don't want to be the cause of one.  

DJI is not the villain in this.  These laws are put forth from the FAA in the United States.  You got a complaint?  Go talk to them.  

And By the way.... I'm anything but a kid....  LOL  
2018-6-27
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

djiclassaction2 Posted at 2018-6-27 11:19
Sorry kids, those of you who believe you will kill someone without big brother watching you are kinda sad!!!  What DJI has done is actually against several laws and consumer protections.  They are controlling our property from their app.  I have dozens of people ready to move forward.  As soon as we hit 100 we will let the legal team move forward.  As for some of you.....i hope you have a lot of companies controlling you, since you have so little faith in yourselves!!!  For starters, I hope your cars are forced to stop if you go over the speed limit!!!!!!  What a weak country we have become!!!

"What DJI has done is actually against several laws and consumer protections."

Which ones, I'm not familiar with American laws, educate us ?

DJIs geofencing only prohibits me from flying in the immediate vicinity of airports, prisons, nuclear facilities, and other NFZs. Should I chose to disable geofencing, and fly within the NFZs then I would face prosecution by the CAA, as you would in the USA under FAA regulations and laws.

So far you've had replies from South Africa, United Kingdom, Germany & 3 (maybe 4) from U.S.A

I can walk across the street here without fear of being prosecuted, so you may be correct your country has become very weak. A change of government perhaps ?
2018-6-27
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

Aardvark Posted at 2018-6-27 11:41
"What DJI has done is actually against several laws and consumer protections."

Which ones, I'm not familiar with American laws, educate us ?

Sincere thanks for this post!
2018-6-27
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

"believe you will kill someone without big brother watching" - Uh.... nah bruh.  It's not about Big Brother watching.  It's about operating within the laws.  NFZs are created to keep people safe.  It's not about limiting people on the ground, it's about the safety of people in the air.

"against several laws and consumer protections."  Which ones?  I'm curious to know which protections it violates.

"...cars are forced to stop it you go over the speed limit" - bad analogy.  this is more like stopping you when you try to drive onto a runway while airplanes are taking off.   And yeah.  I'd like to see cars that will stop when they get to that point.

"weak country"  This is actually debatable.  There are many things that are degrading the fiber of this country.  However the rules of a drone app are probably not in that list.

Your defensiveness is interesting though.  We declined your invitation, and we are "kids" who are "kinda sad" and have "no faith in ourselves"  and whom you wish our cars to not operate properly.
I wonder why that is.  

This "kid" {to be read Grown A$$ Man} is just fine flying by the rules.  Requesting a waiver or certificate to fly properly in an NFZ is fine with me.   I do not support your cause.  That's my choice.  You probably shouldn't be so sensitive in a public forum.
2018-6-27
Use props
djiclassaction2
lvl.1
United States

You gotta love the DJI staff trolls on here!!!  Oh well, we are at 60 plantiffs.  I cannot wait to see them in a court room!!!  Please just email your stories like others are doing.  If you have a comment, DJI, keep it to yourself!!!  TROLLS!!!!!!!  DJIs market share has fallen 4% and watch what happens over the next 3 years!!!!!  Gonna be fun to watch!  Terrible company, terrible people and terrible products!!!!
2018-6-27
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiclassaction2 Posted at 2018-6-27 12:18
You gotta love the DJI staff trolls on here!!!  Oh well, we are at 60 plantiffs.  I cannot wait to see them in a court room!!!  Please just email your stories like others are doing.  If you have a comment, DJI, keep it to yourself!!!  TROLLS!!!!!!!  DJIs market share has fallen 4% and watch what happens over the next 3 years!!!!!  Gonna be fun to watch!  Terrible company, terrible people and terrible products!!!!

Please let us know the case number of the class action suit so we can, you know, follow up on it.
2018-6-27
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

You gotta love the DJI staff trolls on here!!!  Oh well, we are at 60 plantiffs.  I cannot wait to see them in a court room!!!  Please just email your stories like others are doing.  If you have a comment, DJI, keep it to yourself!!!  TROLLS!!!!!!!  DJIs market share has fallen 4% and watch what happens over the next 3 years!!!!!  Gonna be fun to watch!  Terrible company, terrible people and terrible products!!!!

Someone is SERIOUSLY behind on their meds!

I applaud the fact DJI has a NFZ function to keep morons like you from flying where they shouldn't be! I don't agree with some of the drone laws in the various countries whom have implemented them, or the NFZ radius' they have chosen around certain types of sites, but they are necessary.

A quick search on YouTube for drone crashes or fails, will prove why we need NFZ-enabled drones!

Now, go back to your medicine cabinet and take your pills, before you hurt yourself...
2018-6-27
Use props
djiclassaction2
lvl.1
United States

Maxi3D Posted at 2018-6-27 12:22
Please let us know the case number of the class action suit so we can, you know, follow up on it.

Sorry, DJI, there is no such thing as a "case" number.  We have not even filed yet.  You guys should try reading before trolling!!!!  Geez!!!  Visit other forums if you want more info.  This place is mostly DJI employee trolls!!!!   
2018-6-27
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Loss of time, income, or emotional distress because you didn't do your research before buying and now want to shift the blame to someone other than yourself? This is the very definition of a frivolous lawsuit.
2018-6-27
Use props
djiclassaction2
lvl.1
United States

Thanks Jake!!!  We have put a block on notices from here since most are DJI employees.  Visit some of the other drone forums.  We are collecting stories and names.  The email above will put you in touch with our attorneys.  Good luck to the real people on here!!!  We will get this fixed a some of us wil make some $ from it!!!!!!  Bye DJI TROLLS!
2018-6-27
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiclassaction2 Posted at 2018-6-27 12:26
Sorry, DJI, there is no such thing as a "case" number.  We have not even filed yet.  You guys should try reading before trolling!!!!  Geez!!!  Visit other forums if you want more info.  This place is mostly DJI employee trolls!!!!

So this is some sort of secret lawsuit. Behind closed door then. I sure you will let us in on it once you and your cohorts have filed, won't you?
2018-6-27
Use props
djiclassaction2
lvl.1
United States

Maxi3D Posted at 2018-6-27 12:30
So this is some sort of secret lawsuit. Behind closed door then. I sure you will let us in on it once you and your cohorts have filed, won't you?

Why would DJI hire someone so TARD?????  You cannot even make a complete sentence and you know NOTHING about law.  DJI is in deep crap, and they should be putting more effort into this than a tard from high school like this troll!!!!!
2018-6-27
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiclassaction2 Posted at 2018-6-27 12:32
Why would DJI hire someone so TARD?????  You cannot even make a complete sentence and you know NOTHING about law.  DJI is in deep crap, and they should be putting more effort into this than a tard from high school like this troll!!!!!

Getting personal, nice. Well, at least I am writing at a high school level.
Edit: I am getting my points in today DJI! I want my Mavic Pro 2 delivered first thing!!
2018-6-27
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft

I think you would be better of chasing the sometimes unreliable hardware/software issue(s) resulting in property/medical/personal injury damage (Which I have never read or heard of, not saying it hasn't happened) than NFZ's. I also believe we signed on to the NFZ condition by agreeing to DJI's terms and conditions. Now that there are high end camera drones that do not have mandatory NFZ's embedded in their software it is just a matter of choice. Competition is a good thing !
2018-6-27
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

OP please go away with your inane drivel like a good boy.
2018-6-27
Use props
djiuser_c3DRkGMGlhUW
lvl.3
Flight distance : 710807 ft

It always amazes me how the worst piolets make the biggest noise.  Crash and burn baby.  
2018-6-27
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

You gotta love the DJI staff trolls on here!!!  Oh well, we are at 60 plantiffs.  I cannot wait to see them in a court room!!!  Please just email your stories like others are doing.  If you have a comment, DJI, keep it to yourself!!!  TROLLS!!!!!!!  DJIs market share has fallen 4% and watch what happens over the next 3 years!!!!!  Gonna be fun to watch!  Terrible company, terrible people and terrible products!!!!

Now we're all Trolls that work for DJI because we don't agree with you? Dang...

You will never see anyone in a court room. Your plight is ridiculous and will never gain any leverage. DJI and others are making an effort to keep things safe so the powers that be don't ban us completely. One flight in NFZ where you have a problem that causes a catastrophic accident and we will all be grounded for good. Thanks.
2018-6-27
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

wait...  is ANYONE on this thread a DJI employee?    ANYONE?  i didn't think so.

so since we are not going to get a case # to follow, or clarification of any protections that we are giving up, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens with the ghost CAL

I guess i'll go troll someplace else..  
2018-6-27
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

I'll give you credit for one thing, I don't think I've ever seen this level of agreement ever in one post on the DJI users forum.

Just wait for one of the new DJI Admin employees to step in, apologise profusely (their manners are impeccable) for the inconvenience caused, and ask you for a screen snapshot of your problem :-)
2018-6-27
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

Aardvark Posted at 2018-6-27 13:19
I'll give you credit for one thing, I don't think I've ever seen this level of agreement ever in one post on the DJI users forum.

Just wait for one of the new DJI Admin employees to step in, apologise profusely (their manners are impeccable) for the inconvenience caused, and ask you for a screen snapshot of your problem :-)

2018-6-27
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is no 'djiclassaction.com'
Put up or Shut Up... Point us to the filing, court district, legal representative whom you've engaged to represent the class (not that you have any).
2018-6-27
Use props
Kidder74
lvl.2
United States

WebParrot Posted at 2018-6-27 13:28
There is no 'djiclassaction.com'
Put up or Shut Up... Point us to the filing, court district, legal representative whom you've engaged to represent the class (not that you have any).

There is now.  Registered through GoDaddy.  Creation date 2018-06-27T04:34:40Z.
2018-6-27
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Soooooo...... I'm guessing you must have not yet hit puberty with the level impudence you're putting on display here?

Forget meds, you need professional help boy...
2018-6-27
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Kidder74 Posted at 2018-6-27 13:37
There is now.  Registered through GoDaddy.  Creation date 2018-06-27T04:34:40Z.

Still not showing up.  BS detector just hit a "10" on the Trump pants-on-fire detector.
2018-6-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think you will find that when you signed into dji app as you are now, you agreed NOT TO TAKE A CLASS ACTION AGAINST DJI, were you not reading what you signed, and you want us to back you in a class action, if you could be that stupid before you got started, who do you think will trust you. As they say over here. ON YER BIKE . Have you told your attorney this yet ?
2018-6-27
Use props
Kidder74
lvl.2
United States

WebParrot Posted at 2018-6-27 13:41
Still not showing up.  BS detector just hit a "10" on the Trump pants-on-fire detector.

Just as an FYI, he may have it for email-only.  IT does have valid MX records pointed to GoDaddy's mail hosting.  Of course, yes, a website would be nice and would potentially lend a little credence to his cause, but it's definitely not a requirement for a domain.  I've got several at work that are email-only and don't have anything else attached to them.

That all said, I'm not a supporter of his and won't be signing up for his supposed class-action suit and, contrary to what that may make him think, I'm not a DJI employee either (damn, another paycheck every month would be nice, though).

At least here in the USA, those NFZ areas sure seem to coincide with the FAA's no-fly areas already.  So, by circumventing the app's restrictions, it just allows me to, potentially, be liable for a federal crime (unless requesting a NFZ waiver from whatever tower I'm too close to, just like anyone else who wants to pass through NFZ airspace).
2018-6-27
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-27 13:47
I think you will find that when you signed into dji app as you are now, you agreed NOT TO TAKE A CLASS ACTION AGAINST DJI, were you not reading what you signed, and you want us to back you in a class action, if you could be that stupid before you got started, who do you think will trust you. As they say over here. ON YER BIKE . Have you told your attorney this yet ?

I have no idea what ON YER BIKE means but it sounds nice in this context ;-)
2018-6-27
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Kidder74 Posted at 2018-6-27 13:50
Just as an FYI, he may have it for email-only.  IT does have valid MX records pointed to GoDaddy's mail hosting.  Of course, yes, a website would be nice and would potentially lend a little credence to his cause, but it's definitely not a requirement for a domain.  I've got several at work that are email-only and don't have anything else attached to them.

That all said, I'm not a supporter of his and won't be signing up for his supposed class-action suit and, contrary to what that may make him think, I'm not a DJI employee either (damn, another paycheck every month would be nice, though).

Got it... appreciate the additional information.  The last thing I would do is to reply to his email address with my personal email
2018-6-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-27 13:53
I have no idea what ON YER BIKE means but it sounds nice in this context ;-)

Get out of here. Very old saying before we all had cars.
2018-6-27
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-27 14:00
Get out of here. Very old saying before we all had cars.

Thank you, after some brainstorming that was my provisional conclusion too ;-)
2018-6-27
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules