Matrice 600 Pro - GPS-Compass issue
2648 8 2018-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Italy

We have got a Matrice 600 Pro multicopter.

The drone is able to fly in P-GPS mode, but it records only 50% of the maximum number of GPS/GLONASS satellites theorically visible (checked using Trimble or John Deere GNSS mission planners).

The Status Indicator (i.e. led) of two out of three of the GPS-Compass  antennas show a blinking red led, whereas the third one a blinking green  led.

Does this mean the two GPS-Compass modules are functioning abnormally as stated at page 32 and 35 of the "A3/A3Pro User Manual, v.1.4 2017.08" and at page 29 of the "MATRICE 600 PRO User Manual, v.1.0 2017.10"?  Or the led color meaning is changed?

Thanks,

Maurizio Buonanno

2018-6-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Maurizio, blinking red means the module is functioning abnormally, did you try other open places? Have you tried compass calibration? Is the firmware up to date?
2018-6-29
Use props
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-29 02:48
Maurizio, blinking red means the module is functioning abnormally, did you try other open places? Have you tried compass calibration? Is the firmware up to date?

Hi Mindy,

the STATUS INDICATORs blink as follows:
- GPS-Compass_1 - LED blu on the IMU - LED red on the external antenna
- GPS-Compass_2 - LED blu on the IMU - LED red on the external antenna
- GPS-Compass_3 - LED green on the IMU - LED green on the external antenna

We tested the system in open fields in two different places.

The DJI M600P firmware version is 1.00.01.66.

The Lightbridge firmware version is 1.2.10 on the remote controller, whereas it is 1.1.60 on the M600P. I know they should be synchronized, but DJI Assistant 2 does not allow me to upgrade v.1.1.60 to v.1.2.10. Can it be the reason of the GNSS issue?

How can I downgrade the Remote Controller Firmware from 1.2.10 to 1.1.60?

Can you suggest me some diagnostic test?

At the moment we cannot fly because the drone is able to record not more than 7 satellites.

Thanks for your help.

Maurizio Buonanno
2018-6-29
Use props
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Italy

Could you please send me (or suggest a download link) for the  Lightbridge2 v.1.1.60 firmware?
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sorry for the late response, please calibrate the compass again, then turn around those two GPS-Compass vertically and horizontally with a magnet to see if the issue persists.
2018-7-3
Use props
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-3 04:23
Sorry for the late response, please calibrate the compass again, then turn around those two GPS-Compass vertically and horizontally with a magnet to see if the issue persists.

HI Mindy, I did some unfruitful tests, then I decided to send the hardware to the local technical assistance.  Thanks, Maurizio.
2018-7-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mbuonanno Posted at 2018-7-4 06:23
HI Mindy, I did some unfruitful tests, then I decided to send the hardware to the local technical assistance.  Thanks, Maurizio.

Sorry to hear that, hope the issue will get sorted out and you will get it back soon.
2018-7-6
Use props
DougcJohn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1353609 ft
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-3 04:23

Late to the discussion, but similar. My Primary GPS / Compus starts normal... blinks green or blue throughout startup boot. Then always blinks Red, while the IMU is green or blue. I am able to move primary to each of the 3 IMU... throughout this process, the GPS/compus on Primary blinks Red.

What do you mean turn gps vertically & horizontal...
Thanks,
Doug
2018-9-16
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

DougcJohn Posted at 2018-9-16 19:16
Late to the discussion, but similar. My Primary GPS / Compus starts normal... blinks green or blue throughout startup boot. Then always blinks Red, while the IMU is green or blue. I am able to move primary to each of the 3 IMU... throughout this process, the GPS/compus on Primary blinks Red.

What do you mean turn gps vertically & horizontal...

She means to move a magnet in horizontal and vertical circles around the antenna.
I am still stuck with this exact issue: 1 antenna red. Only 5 satellites acquired, never more.

Does anyone know what to do?
1-31 06:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules