74446 76 2018-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Dear Ronin-S Users,

In light of recent inquiries about camera control compatibility, and due to the large number of camera brands and models involved, we are focusing our R&D resources on continuous optimization with the Ronin-S. Compatibility will be updated through firmware.

The following table shows camera and lens models officially supported with the Ronin-S. This table will be continuously updated.

Ronin-S Camera Compatibility List.pdf (47.47 KB, Down times: 1045)
2018-6-28
Use props
alibaba30
lvl.2

Happy to see that the R&D department is working on this. The demand for Sony cameras have been through the roof this spring and Sony is backordered on the A7III, so there is definitely a large base of customers awaiting USB shutter control and focus wheel control, myself included.
2018-6-28
Use props
thephilz
lvl.2
United States

What about people that purchased the Ronin-S and have already received it under false advertising of compatibility with certain models? I think it's ridiculous that only the D850 is supported now–we were even being advised that the next update would regain the functionality that was 'allegedly' only not working because of a bug.

Is DJI buying back the false-sold product?

Phil
2018-6-28
Use props
EAPS
lvl.1

United States

This is absolutely ridiculous. So people who purchased with certain camera models (THAT WERE ADVERTISED AS COMPATIBLE)  are now out of luck because DJI failed to properly test which models are actually available?  

To be clear, the camera models other than the D850 for nikon are never going to be able to utilize the motion lapse/time lapse/ app functions??
2018-6-28
Use props
MvMedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 437247 ft
Australia

I bought the ronin-s to work with my Canon 6d Mark II based off this information provided by DJI at the time of purchase. Are you saying these features will never be available? Or if they are going to be avilable... when?
A6A9B9A4-DA21-4E7F-A86D-29386675CC62.png
5164D21A-C67D-4D8B-B2C8-CCF3D84C07C9.jpeg
2018-6-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info.
Hope you get the D610 (Nikon) working for the shutter control.
Would make for a great timelapse tool on the road
2018-6-28
Use props
Dr1ten
lvl.1

I would love to see support for LANC zoom control. This would enable the Ronin to be used as a nice PTZ camera.
2018-6-29
Use props
Rivi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74521 ft
United Arab Emirates

Sad to see none of the Fujifilm cameras are included.  Hope to see the X-H1 soon
2018-6-29
Use props
EAPS
lvl.1

United States

The Nikon D500 currently does work with all features except pull focus with the new firmware update that was released yesterday.  It seems DJI is just pulling information out of thin air as there is no solid answer on which cameras work and which ones dont...
2018-6-29
Use props
PilleniusMC
lvl.3

Why do most Nikon cameras not get USB shutter control?
2018-7-2
Use props
thephilz
lvl.2
United States

EAPS Posted at 2018-6-29 07:35
The Nikon D500 currently does work with all features except pull focus with the new firmware update that was released yesterday.  It seems DJI is just pulling information out of thin air as there is no solid answer on which cameras work and which ones dont...

EAPS, it's not really working at all. Sure it doesn't go gimbal-limp, and it does get the live-view display up, but it's completely ineffective.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=508428

For more details on Nikon USB/DJI Ronnin-S Support
2018-7-2
Use props
Mkurr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1605564 ft
United States

Drone + Nikon?
2018-7-2
Use props
Michael_in_TO
lvl.1
Canada

It is extraordinary how much misinformation exists for this product. Yesterday I read a document saying a huge number of models support pull focus with the firmware update and this document says you can’t even start and stop recording. It is clear DJI rushed to market with compatibility for a very small handful of cameras. I guess that explains the “affordable” price. DJI just dropped to low levels in my esteem.
2018-7-3
Use props
Michael_in_TO
lvl.1
Canada

MvMedia Posted at 2018-6-28 14:43
I bought the ronin-s to work with my Canon 6d Mark II based off this information provided by DJI at the time of purchase. Are you saying these features will never be available? Or if they are going to be avilable... when?

Interesting the number of supported cameras and features for this stabilizer has DROPPED. 3 canons as of the May 28th 2018 compared to this post of May 30th claiming 4 models and 4 "series" of cameras. What is going on here?!
2018-7-3
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Want to buy one, but not sure if it will work with my D750
2018-7-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like such an impressive piece of kit
2018-7-5
Use props
fans1bc86d5f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1476 ft
Philippines

am using fujifilm x-t20 with my new dji ronin s and i can’t control the shutter button of my cam with ronins. do i still need a cable connections?
2018-7-8
Use props
NHS77
New
Switzerland

Will there be any support for Olympus cameras, especially the EM-1 Mk II? Support for the upcoming Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K would also be fantastic...
2018-7-8
Use props
Drone 4K
lvl.3
Canada

Is it available now?
2018-7-9
Use props
Sapperdeflap
New
Netherlands

@DJI team ,

If the RSS-IR cable works for Canon 6D, and most Canon camera's use the same IR protocol, then the compatibility could be even beter then listed for shutter control? For instance, I did check my Canon M3 just for fun and works like a charm. Camera is a bit light to be able to balance optimally however. I'm able to take photo and video with the shutter control button. It just activates the 2 sec selftimer when using IR for photo, but it works!
2018-7-10
Use props
fanse7c82133
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Is was wondering how you actually connect the D850 to it?  It states that the MCC-B cable is the correct cable.  That is a Micro-USB cable. The D850 has a USB 3 port and no micro USB port!!.
2018-7-10
Use props
OKAYMOTION
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2756 ft
United States

Hi there, I own a SONY A7S and this situation is stressing me out because I don't know if DJI will make it compatible.
I hate pressing the Record button to start/stop the recording. It's soooooo annoying.
Question to DJI REPS, is there any change A7S owners will get an happy news ? I can't afford an A7III right.
2018-7-11
Use props
Kune
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2773465 ft
  • >>>
Spain

about Nikon D7500... Has anyone tested?
2018-7-13
Use props
Zordon
lvl.2

Are you planning to include the usb control for Sony cameras? (Apart from the IR cable)
2018-7-15
Use props
Kenneth Scicluna
lvl.2
Malta

Zordon Posted at 2018-7-15 05:22
Are you planning to include the usb control for Sony cameras? (Apart from the IR cable)

Yes they are:
2018-7-16
Use props
danielebarone
lvl.3
Italy

For dji support:
Ronin S with Nikon D800 and 24-70 autofocus Nikkor lens seem to work when cable is attached! Moving focus wheel, the autofocus on the lens is moving, the same if I press the button to take picture or movie.
The only BIG issue is that live view turns off!!!

PLEASE SOLVE THIS SOON! I need to use my Ronin S for my work and I’m loosing a lot of functionalities!
Thank you
2018-7-17
Use props
Antonio Azzurro Due
New

Italy

For the DJI support:

Do you think there will be a chance the ronin-s will communicate with a RED DSMC2 camera trought the control port?
2018-8-4
Use props
Xianrong
New
Singapore

Will there be support for the EOS M-50 mirrorless camera?
Especially the button is on the right side, and if the wheel can be used for other functions that would be great( like EV Comp).

2018-8-8
Use props
fans24b1581b
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I found this video on YouTube showing a d7500 working with the focus wheel and stop/start recording. Can anyone confirm that the d7500 has functionality now?

2018-8-14
Use props
dselder1962
lvl.2
Australia

fans24b1581b Posted at 2018-8-14 01:49
I found this video on YouTube showing a d7500 working with the focus wheel and stop/start recording. Can anyone confirm that the d7500 has functionality now?

https://youtu.be/r42KSaw7MZE

Yes I have tested the D7500, and it all works. Video, focus wheel, and in camera mode the panorama, timelapse and motion lapse. All working with no issues.
I made a video of the focus wheel and video record.

This is brilliant.

David
2018-8-14
Use props
fans24b1581b
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Good to see it working now, just waiting for it to (hopefully) come under the education discount scheme.
2018-8-15
Use props
thephilz
lvl.2
United States

dselder1962 Posted at 2018-8-14 03:44
Yes I have tested the D7500, and it all works. Video, focus wheel, and in camera mode the panorama, timelapse and motion lapse. All working with no issues.
I made a video of the focus wheel and video record.D7500 Ronin S Focus wheel and recording

But it's not practical–it still locks out control of any of the video settings and it forces AF before it triggers record.

Meaning any pre-focus is lost. Also since camera can't take button pushes, you have no idea what the AF focused on. Having the camera in MF means the follow focus wheel doesn't work–

Sure, in the other modes, it does work, ish, with same caveats as above.

This is pretty much a dumb gimbal. You can't even switch between video and photo
2018-8-15
Use props
BRIDGEINBOUND
lvl.2
Flight distance : 208038 ft
Australia

OKAYMOTION Posted at 2018-7-11 12:33
Hi there, I own a SONY A7S and this situation is stressing me out because I don't know if DJI will make it compatible.
I hate pressing the Record button to start/stop the recording. It's soooooo annoying.
Question to DJI REPS, is there any change A7S owners will get an happy news ? I can't afford an A7III right.

I'm using a Sony A7 (first edition) and the IR cable works well for me to stop and start using the record button. Worth a try
2018-8-16
Use props
dselder1962
lvl.2
Australia

thephilz Posted at 2018-8-15 08:16
But it's not practical–it still locks out control of any of the video settings and it forces AF before it triggers record.

Meaning any pre-focus is lost. Also since camera can't take button pushes, you have no idea what the AF focused on. Having the camera in MF means the follow focus wheel doesn't work–

Have you looked at the monitor on the 7500: you can see what is in focus. And the Focus wheel does work.
You seem to be fixed in it being a dumb useless gimbal: well don't buy one.
I'm happy with it so far and I imagine DJI will update the software/firmware as they progress through all the manufacuters.
I just wanted to alert people out there that although 7500 is not on the list, it does actually work.
The app also works in camera mode which is pretty cool.
Cheers
2018-8-17
Use props
Zwepp
lvl.1
Netherlands

FUJI support, pleasssse!!
2018-8-22
Use props
Volg.in
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8143 ft
United Arab Emirates

That about D610 ?
2018-8-29
Use props
atercervus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084957 ft
Monaco

Anyone tried a combination of GH5 with Zuiko 7-14 lens? Focus wheel works?
2018-8-30
Use props
Ethan Cole
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1576227 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Is Canon 6D Mark 1 compatible with lenses?
2018-10-2
Use props
diy-guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11857 ft

There is a way to control the EOS 6D Mark II with an USB Cable instead of the Infrared Cable:
https://konkludenz.de/en/dji-ron ... k-ii-control-cable/

2018-10-3
Use props
Librebowski
lvl.3
United States

Anyway to find out which SD Cards are "compatible" while using specific camera models?
2018-10-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules