Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I need to change my email adress
12Next >
6584 44 2018-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Des_B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129600 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,
I need to change my email address, as my current provider here in the UK (tesco.net), is pulling the plug on its email services.

Currently I cant send mail on my tesco.net account, but it will forward received mail to my new email address until October

I cant edit it on my account page on DJI.com, so I am assuming it must be done manually by DJI support.

Could someone from support please pm me on this forum and let me know what I need to do.

Thanks

Des

2018-6-28
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

An admin will see and help you.  Keep checking back.
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. Let me just remind you that we can only transfer DJI credits but the rest of the information will be deleted permanently. Kindly DM me the screenshot that you agreed to transfer the account to a new email address. Please check the attachment below.

2018-6-28
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I really have a hard time understanding this.  So, what is this customer supposed to do?  Surely this has happened to others who have moved or something and changed e-mails.
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-6-28 07:54
I really have a hard time understanding this.  So, what is this customer supposed to do?  Surely this has happened to others who have moved or something and changed e-mails.

Sorry for the trouble. I already provided the resolution for this kind of issue. Please check my post above. Thank you.
2018-6-28
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why cant the admin just change the email address very simply from the administrators panel,  surely this forum software is not that primitive and it cannot be done? if so, its the only forum software that i know of where its not possible!!!!

If it cannot be done in the backend (admin panel) then it can always done from phpmyadmin (database) so who ever is in charge of the hosting side of the forum just get them to login to phpmyadmin and change the guys email addy in there, its very very simple, the pm him when its done to let him know.
2018-6-28
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Bashy Posted at 2018-6-28 20:31
Why cant the admin just change the email address very simply from the administrators panel,  surely this forum software is not that primitive and it cannot be done? if so, its the only forum software that i know of where its not possible!!!!

If it cannot be done in the backend (admin panel) then it can always done from phpmyadmin (database) so who ever is in charge of the hosting side of the forum just get them to login to phpmyadmin and change the guys email addy in there, its very very simple, the pm him when its done to let him know.

I fully agree beside that phpMyAdmin would not be needed and they might not be using MySQL,
Depending on the DB system used it could as simple as "use [DB]", "update [TABLE] set email = 'xyz' where email = 'zyx':" perhaps followed by a "commit;" and most likely would need to be done in several systems.

It can't be right that one would have to loose all history due to a simple email change but it show that this whole setup has been made wrong from the start using a email as the binding key. Even if all information would have been encrypted using the email as part of the key it can be changed, it just would take a little more effort and some middle steps in the process.

but apparently we are stepping on someones toes and not allowed to comment on this as a reply i made on this seem to have vanished without a notice?

What i stated was, we live in 2018 of course a email address can be changed by the developers by replacing it in the different systems.
Where there's a will there's a way.
2018-6-28
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-28 07:54
Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. Let me just remind you that we can only transfer DJI credits but the rest of the information will be deleted permanently. Kindly DM me the screenshot that you agreed to transfer the account to a new email address. Please check the attachment below.

[view_image]

Aloha Paladin,

From what Des said, she is past that point that you suggested in step #3.  Des said, "Currently I can't send mail on my Tesco.net account,"  Tesco.net is her old account and she cannot send anything with it.  The Tesco Company is not allowing Des to send email with the Tesco.net account.

#3 says, "Send the screenshot of 'My Account' and transfer request via the old account email address"

Des cannot send anything with her "old account email address".  Tesco.net will not let Des send mail with the "old account email address".

Please PM her and help her find a work-around with this problem.  It is too late for step #3 for Des.  Des cannot do step #3.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-28
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-6-28 07:54

Aloha BAMA,

Read my post #8.  It is too late for Des to do step #3.  Paladin has to PM her to help her with a work-around.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-28
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-6-28 20:31
Why cant the admin just change the email address very simply from the administrators panel,  surely this forum software is not that primitive and it cannot be done? if so, its the only forum software that i know of where its not possible!!!!

Aloha Bashy,

Read my post #8.  It is too late for Des to do step #3, her Tesco.net service will not let her send with the Tesco.net account.

This is all about Internet security in China.  It is different from the rest of the World and the government control is way different from the rest of the world.  What you are suggesting may even be illegal in China, but I have no idea though.  Des just has to find a work-around with Paladin to solve this problem.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-28
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Cetacean Posted at 2018-6-28 21:54
Aloha Paladin,

From what Des said, she is past that point that you suggested in step #3.  Des said, "Currently I can't send mail on my Tesco.net account,"  Tesco.net is her old account and she cannot send anything with it.  The Tesco Company is not allowing Des to send email with the Tesco.net account.

You're quite right, guess the solution would be that DJI send a mail to the old address that then would be answered from the new to confirm the change.

But clearly the systems has a flaw if you would loose all history, flight records and forum posts inclusive just for the change of a email address.
2018-6-28
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-28 21:26
I fully agree beside that phpMyAdmin would not be needed and they might not be using MySQL,
Depending on the DB system used it could as simple as "use [DB]", "update [TABLE] set email = 'xyz' where email = 'zyx':" perhaps followed by a "commit;" and most likely would need to be done in several systems.

Aloha Ked,

Read my post #8.  Des cannot send mail with her Tesco.net account so she cannot do Paladin's Step #3.  Paladin has to PM her and help her with a work-around.

In my Post #10 to Bashy, I point out that Internet and email in China is way different than in the rest of the world.  What you and Bashy are suggesting may even be illegal in China but I do not know that to be a fact.  Just guessing but possible.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-28
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-28 22:06
You're quite right, guess the solution would be that DJI send a mail to the old address that then would be answered from the new to confirm the change.

But clearly the systems has a flaw if you would loose all history, flight records and forum posts inclusive just for the change of a email address.

Aloha Ked,

Part of the problem is Tesco.net either moved real fast to shut down, or Des moved way too slow to get her DJI problem solved.  Since DJI is out of China and there are real different rules in China, Des has a problem with the timing.  She may even have to go to Tesco.net to help solve her problem.

What ever the solution is, we have to remember that DJI is out of China and China is very different.  If we have a problem, we should move quickly.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-28
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Cetacean Posted at 2018-6-28 22:15
Aloha Ked,

Part of the problem is Tesco.net either moved real fast to shut down, or Des moved way too slow to get her DJI problem solved.  Since DJI is out of China and there are real different rules in China, Des has a problem with the timing.  She may even have to go to Tesco.net to help solve her problem.

But it also was stated that mail's sent to the old address would forward to the new so my proposal would be the way to verify the change now no mails can be sent from the old address.

I can't see why any rules would forbid change of a email or as it seem to be in those systems an account id if needed, not even in China.
Where there could be anything it could be purchases in the store but i find it hard to believe it should be any issue. Most of all i think they has designed the systems so bad that they find it more easy to claim it can not be done in order to not mess with it.

Whatever the reason is, they should work out a procedure for this and think about a redesign as this for sure is not the first time nor the last that a email need to be changed.
2018-6-28
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13925922 ft
  • >>>
Germany

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-28 22:06

"the systems has a flaw if you would loose all history, flight records and forum posts inclusive"

I would also like to change my e-mail. If I do so all my posts/threads are gone?
Not that I think it is important what I'm posting here but it would rip apart a few threads.

What would it say e.g. in this reply here? Customer MIA ;-) Or would it be entirely gone?
So I would start as a newbie again? Lv.1? Would I need a new forum name since Eric13 is tied to someone elses (my old) e-mail?

Flight records:
I have all my flight records going back to day 1.
I guess with new e-mail a new DJI folder get's created on my device.
How if I copy all my flight records to that new folder and upload to the cloud?

2018-6-28
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-28 07:54
Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. Let me just remind you that we can only transfer DJI credits but the rest of the information will be deleted permanently. Kindly DM me the screenshot that you agreed to transfer the account to a new email address. Please check the attachment below.

[view_image]

The procedure you describe suggest that an account transfer is possible.
So nothing will get lost upon that transfer? Flight records in cloud, user name in forum, forum level, posts/replies?

Thank you
2018-6-28
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-28 23:20
"the systems has a flaw if you would loose all history, flight records and forum posts inclusive"

I would also like to change my e-mail. If I do so all my posts/threads are gone?

All i know is that this statement is very worrying!
"we can only transfer DJI credits but the rest of the information will be deleted permanently"

I don't think you can just copy the flight records in and out of your device and have them work using another account, if that was possible it would be very easy to share records and have it look like you've been flying 24/7/365 since 1724.
2018-6-29
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-28 22:28
But it also was stated that mail's sent to the old address would forward to the new so my proposal would be the way to verify the change now no mails can be sent from the old address.

I can't see why any rules would forbid change of a email or as it seem to be in those systems an account id if needed, not even in China.

Aloha Ked,

At some point they will have to think about a redesign as you note, but it happens so rarely, and it is hard to turn a juggernaut.  Hopefully Paladin will be able to help out Des directly.  It is just unfortunate that the timing is off so much.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-29
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-29 00:29
All i know is that this statement is very worrying!
"we can only transfer DJI credits but the rest of the information will be deleted permanently"

Ah yes - I forgot that 'deleted permanently' part. So the transfer is only in regards to credit.
I have € 1,64. Fantastic that we can transfer these incredible amounts!

I guess in the flight records the e-mail address is probably encrypted somwhere in there.
Bummer...
2018-6-29
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I highly doubt it will be illegal to change an email address in the backend (admin panel), even if that is not possible due to the facility not being there, then it can be done within the database itself because emails are not encrypted like passwords are, there is no legality with regards to this.  When i ran my forum a few years back, changing an email address was simple, go in to the admin control panel , find the account of the person, change email, that was it, and that was with vbulletin. the way this forum works is just crazy, so much that cannot be done for the members and the staff.
2018-6-29
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-29 03:21
Ah yes - I forgot that 'deleted permanently' part. So the transfer is only in regards to credit.
I have € 1,64. Fantastic that we can transfer these incredible amounts!

"I have € 1,64. Fantastic that we can transfer these incredible amounts!"
You have checked some out already then or? - If not, as far i can see you would have to a complete set of propellers - shipment. or perhaps i can't calculate and/or has missed how that point system works totally.

As i see it the big issue is that the system is build up using the email address as the key to it all, a big mistake but should still be possible to change if there's will.
I can imagine a few ways this could be corrected with not that much trouble but not knowing what mess runs behind all this it all would be guessing.
2018-6-29
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-6-29 04:28
I highly doubt it will be illegal to change an email address in the backend (admin panel), even if that is not possible due to the facility not being there, then it can be done within the database itself because emails are not encrypted like passwords are, there is no legality with regards to this.  When i ran my forum a few years back, changing an email address was simple, go in to the admin control panel , find the account of the person, change email, that was it, and that was with vbulletin. the way this forum works is just crazy, so much that cannot be done for the members and the staff.

Aloha Bashy,

What you say is true for Western email operations.  Des is dealing with a Chinese email operation.  We also are dealing with a Chinese email operation.

If you are an expert or even a user or owner of an email operation in China and under the legal system of the Chinese Government, then please let us know how you can do these backend changes.  Then we can point out to the Chinese DJI Company how to handle their Chinese Government control over their email operations.

That is the point I am trying to make.  Please correct me.  (I really hope you can.  It would be so much easier.)

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-29
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-29 04:33
"I have € 1,64. Fantastic that we can transfer these incredible amounts!"
You have checked some out already then or? - If not, as far i can see you would have to a complete set of propellers - shipment. or perhaps i can't calculate and/or has missed how that point system works totally.

Aloha Ked,

What I just posted to Bashy in Post #22 may summarize the "mess" you are alluding to.  I sure hope Paladin can help Des.  It is a problem we could all face at some point.

One thing is for sure, we need to remember to act quickly when the problem presents itself.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-29
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2018-6-29 11:56
Aloha Bashy,

What you say is true for Western email operations.  Des is dealing with a Chinese email operation.  We also are dealing with a Chinese email operation.

If you are an expert or even a user or owner of an email operation in China and under the legal system of the Chinese Government, then please let us know how you can do these backend changes.  Then we can point out to the Chinese DJI Company how to handle their Chinese Government control over their email operations.

Ouch, there is no need to be so flippant, i was just saying it as i see it, what makes you think the Chinese government even have a hold in this matter anyway, it will be more the fact that the admin cannot do it because the option is not there in the back end and not caus ethe laws says its not allowed to be there, granted, i do not know. Yes, we all know they dont use google, thats fine and we know they have some other internet worries  but what makes you think any of that pertains to our user accounts? The transfer of points is something that is relatively simple, it will just be a case of seeing what the old username had and adding that to the new username because that option is written in to the backend, it sounds like certain aspects of the users account was not written in to the software, like a lot of other stuff, perhaps because they didnt think to or because it was going to take too long and they wanted it released asap (sound familiar lol) i dont know, but you surmising its down to their cultural ways is also guessing.......

Here is a Chinese (Bangkok) vBulletin based forum, now, if what you are saying is true then the Chinese would be banned from using vBulletin because you can do what ever you need to with the users account in vBulletin........

http://www.unepscs.org/forum/

ps, des is not dealing with a Chinese email operation at all, the email operation is here in the UK, des is just trying to deal with his/her user account, i.e. his own personal data of which he/she has a right to as per DJI's privacy policy, des cannot send emails from tesco anymore so even the dji fix for this is flawed lol

Also, i must point out that DJI has products/services hosted in various countries and the US is one of those, for all we know, the forum itself could be hosted over there, would make sense seen as its using google analytical

I do have a question though, will des's account on DJI Go change too? whill he/she lose milage?

2018-6-29
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-28 21:26
Depending on the DB system used it could as simple as "use [DB]", "update [TABLE] set email = 'xyz' where email = 'zyx':" perhaps followed by a "commit;" and most likely would need to be done in several systems.

Very true,  my usegae of mysql and phpmyadmin was merely an example of the widely use db  softwares, but yeah, they could be using flat files (forgot the name now) for all we know lol
2018-6-29
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-6-29 20:00

Ouch, there is no need to be so flippant, i was just saying it as i see it, what makes you think the Chinese government even have a hold in this matter anyway, it will be more the fact that the admin cannot do it because the option is not there in the back end and not caus ethe laws says its not allowed to be there, granted, i do not know. Yes, we all know they dont use google, thats fine and we know they have some other internet worries  but what makes you think any of that pertains to our user accounts? The transfer of points is something that is relatively simple, it will just be a case of seeing what the old username had and adding that to the new username because that option is written in to the backend, it sounds like certain aspects of the users account was not written in to the software, like a lot of other stuff, perhaps because they didnt think to or because it was going to take too long and they wanted it released asap (sound familiar lol) i dont know, but you surmising its down to their cultural ways is also guessing.......

Aloha Bashy,

My apologies if I was being flippant.  That is not my intent.  Bangkok is Thailand, not Shenzhen, China.  You do appear to have read a bit about all the major differences in Internet, computer and communication between China and the West?  The question is how much do you believe?

Shenzhen is the Silicon Valley of China.  That actually means something very important.  When we email China, we are emailing Shenzhen, China, not Bangkok.  DJI is located in Shenzhen, China.  Big difference.  The Chinese do things very differently.  Holding the Chinese to Western standards will give you nothing but grief.  They are a very proud people.  

There is very little the Chinese do not think of but they have very little interest in reinventing wheels.  If a solution is needed, the Chinese will find a way to make it.  The "West" is made up of numerous countries.  Globalism is real and very few countries make all parts of their products within their own borders.  China supplies the world with a great amount of our much needed products.  Sure there are questions and accusations, but what is real?

The US Defense Industry audited its critical technology and had to redesign its contracting program because way too many of the chips and other critical products were made in potentially adversarial countries, including China.  We recently saw how the US Army shut down all DJI drone operations until critical software was rewritten.  China is the same way and is developing complete manufacturing systems of parts and products manufactured within their own borders.

DJI is also a major source of pride for China, almost like the "Microsoft" of China.  You can say what you like but I do hope that you are aware of these interesting bits of information, and more, about the company that makes the products we like to fly and how it has to work in China, under the Chinese Government.  We are not in Kansas anymore.

Des' problem is very unfortunate and DJI is a good company that I am confident will do what they can to resolve her issue.  But, she will have to persevere to get past all the requirements that DJI has to resolve the problem.  I am also confident some of those requirements are government based.  The Chinese do things differently.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-29
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good point re Bangkok, why i thought it was china i do not know probably due to the nature of the site itself, my bad,
2018-6-29
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Bashy Posted at 2018-6-29 23:04
Good point re Bangkok, why i thought it was china i do not know probably due to the nature of the site itself, my bad,

Actually your link from #24 is hosted from China at something called  ServersCenter Hosting, CH., this forum is hosted in the Amazon CloudFront network.
2018-6-30
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Cetacean Posted at 2018-6-29 12:00
Aloha Ked,

What I just posted to Bashy in Post #22 may summarize the "mess" you are alluding to.  I sure hope Paladin can help Des.  It is a problem we could all face at some point.

Unless you or Des are located in China there would be no Chinese email operations involved with the change requested, it is just a bit of information that has been provided by us users as being our email address at where  we would receive mail's when we registered.
Of cause it should be possible to change when needed for what ever reason it might be.

i'll bet a set of low noise propellers (black preferred) that this has nothing with any laws, regulations or government to do but more likely that it would involve ten persons that each have some knowledge of different parts of the setup.

I think that DJI should solve this and at the same time document internally what it takes with the aim to make it possible for us customers to change our email in the system. If something could go wrong i have served a nice list of profiles they could experiment with as no harm would be done if they get trashed.
Most likely those profiles would not show that equipment and flight records would survive a email change but it would be a step on the way.
2018-6-30
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-30 03:45
Actually your link from #24 is hosted from China at something called  ServersCenter Hosting, CH., this forum is hosted in the Amazon CloudFront network.

I knew there was sommat to do with China lol But Bangkok was laughable, reminds of an old Chinese proverb

Man who go through airport turnstile sideways is going to Bangkok!!
2018-6-30
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Bashy Posted at 2018-6-30 04:21
I knew there was sommat to do with China lol But Bangkok was laughable, reminds of an old Chinese proverb

Man who go through airport turnstile sideways is going to Bangkok!!

My biggest apology, now i got confused ... CH is not China but Switzerland.

But still i would stand at my claim until someone can link to a law/regulation that prove DJI are not allowed to correct the changed email.
2018-6-30
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-30 04:04
Unless you or Des are located in China there would be no Chinese email operations involved with the change requested, it is just a bit of information that has been provided by us users as being our email address at where  we would receive mail's when we registered.
Of cause it should be possible to change when needed for what ever reason it might be.

Aloha Ked,

In my years of dealing with DJI, and all of them successfully, the email chain eventually has to go to China if it is important like your account (Des' problem).  When you deal with the Chinese respectfully and with concern, they are more than happy to help you.  You are their bread and butter after all.  If you disrespect them, as way too many of the DJI customers, especially the arrogant ones, do; you will end up with a problem on your hands.  But this is true with any business, especially the larger corporations, in any country.

I am sure Des is getting her problem resolved as we speak and I am sure DJI is taking notes on how to deal with this particular type of problem as you noted.  We are all on the same team - we like flying their products!  

Unfortunately, I refuse to take black low-noise propellers (our version of candy) from a "baby" (only joking intended).  You can take it to the bank that the Chinese Government is involved in any Internet communications that deals with any company based in China.  Just look at the US Government's involvement in any communications of any type involving US citizens and companies (and that is only what has been disclosed already).  BTW, I already have the white ones on my P4 Pro!

What you think about DJI handling this problem is most likely what DJI is in fact doing.  As noted elsewhere, "We are not in Kansas anymore."

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-30
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Cetacean Posted at 2018-6-30 15:33
Aloha Ked,

In my years of dealing with DJI, and all of them successfully, the email chain eventually has to go to China if it is important like your account (Des' problem).  When you deal with the Chinese respectfully and with concern, they are more than happy to help you.  You are their bread and butter after all.  If you disrespect them, as way too many of the DJI customers, especially the arrogant ones, do; you will end up with a problem on your hands.  But this is true with any business, especially the larger corporations, in any country.

What you mention here is (as we all know) that our governments and national security organizations are listening to everything flowing around on the net, that really has noting to do with changing an email account associated with a user profile, this is what we have tried to tell you all the way down here.

"What you think about DJI handling this problem is most likely what DJI is in fact doing."
I think they at first tried to just sweep it off the table saying it can not be done but i really hope that they make the change, if not it really would exhibit them as pure amateurs not being able to change a simple email address.

"As noted elsewhere, "We are not in Kansas anymore.""
Most of all those online systems are in fact hosted on the Amazon networks, only thing i have noticed that is not, is skypixel.com that is placed within Alibaba but apparently still in the US.
So it is questionable how much, if any, information from users outside China that actually is placed in China. I don't know and i don't think it matters at all.

Let's see what happen if this thread survive at all, we can't do much else than watch and wonder.

Happy Flying
2018-6-30
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-30 16:13
What you mention here is (as we all know) that our governments and national security organizations are listening to everything flowing around on the net, that really has noting to do with changing an email account associated with a user profile, this is what we have tried to tell you all the way down here.

"What you think about DJI handling this problem is most likely what DJI is in fact doing."

Aloha Ked,

My apologies, I was referring to how DJI is helping Des and taking notes on how it is being done so they can resolve future problems in a similar manner.  Not everyone is quick and on top of things.

The Chinese operations, especially SkyPixel, is Alibaba.  From Wikipedia "Alibaba Group Holding Limited (Chinese: 阿里巴巴集团控股有限公司; pinyin: Ālǐbābā Jítuán Kònggǔ Yǒuxiàn Gōngsī) is a Chinese multinational e-commerce, retail, Internet, AI and technology conglomerate founded in 1999 that provides consumer-to-consumer, business-to-consumer and business-to-business sales services via web portals, as well as electronic payment services, shopping search engines and cloud computing services. It owns and operates a diverse array of businesses around the world in numerous sectors, and is named as one of the world's most admired companies by Fortune.[2][3]

That is about as close as you can get to a Chinese operation.  And I agree, "Let's see what happens if this thread survive at all, we can't do much else than watch and wonder."

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-30
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-30 04:40
My biggest apology, now i got confused ... CH is not China but Switzerland.

But still i would stand at my claim until someone can link to a law/regulation that prove DJI are not allowed to correct the changed email.

ha ha ha no worries, i didnt even click, ca is china lol
2018-6-30
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2018-6-30 16:24
Aloha Ked,

My apologies, I was referring to how DJI is helping Des and taking notes on how it is being done so they can resolve future problems in a similar manner.  Not everyone is quick and on top of things.

never even thought about alibaba lol ya dont get much bigger than them and ive just checked my account on alibaba and its possible to change your email addy,  so as i suspected, it appears to be a software limitation with regards to email address and DJI, its perhaps due to it being that it links your DJI account and DJI forum account, something wasnt coded or done correctly and it causes issues backend, so its just easy enough for DJI to say no more changing email addess, just create a new account, less work that way...
2018-6-30
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-6-30 19:46
never even thought about alibaba lol ya dont get much bigger than them and ive just checked my account on alibaba and its possible to change your email addy,  so as i suspected, it appears to be a software limitation with regards to email address and DJI, its perhaps due to it being that it links your DJI account and DJI forum account, something wasnt coded or done correctly and it causes issues backend, so its just easy enough for DJI to say no more changing email addess, just create a new account, less work that way...

Aloha Bashy,

What we are really doing is second guessing a company that has a policy and a way to solve a problem with that policy.  Des has said she is not able to use the advice because of unique circumstances.  She is now trying to get the problem resolved by another means and we are just yapping about all the possibilities because we are not privy to her conversation with DJI.

We could all possibly be right and wrong at the same time.  And we should just face it, we do not know what is going on.  We are just guessing.  DJI is not going to tell us what is going on so why should we worry.  We are just having fun discussing irrelevant issues that do not concern us.  I have learned a few things more than a week ago, so I am satisfied.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-30
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Actually, the issues are quite relevant ;)  and seen as alibabas email management does favor what i have been saying, that its more a software limitation thats where it must end for me as i have reached the end of my knowledge base regarding this, i am quite proficient in some forum software but certainly not one that is custom made and/or not of western origin, so for that reason i will now bow out,  good day
2018-6-30
Use props
Flight AV
lvl.2
United States

This is f***ing INSANE and yet another BIG example of DJI's lack of care for their customers.  Good Lord WTF...
2018-7-5
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Hello Des
Was wondering how things has turned out for you, any good news in this case?
2018-7-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules