A few HDR images from this morning's sunrise.
12Next >
4142 41 2018-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

EDIT: Sorry but I have a correction. I switched to the words "sunset" and "sunrise" on the text of the pictures, I apologize and make some new different versions later.   

Regards Leif.

Was up early to get some video in the box of the sunrise on a near clear sky. Unfortunately, the setting of the camera on my P4A would not as I wanted so it became a photo session with the 5 bracket instead.       Here are 5 HDR images of different quality.

The biggest problem with HDR images in low light is the noise so I have to reduce noise significantly. The images are in 1/2 resolution due to forum restrictions on upload. Enjoy the pics or ............   

Yes, I know there are probably some people who thought there was too much green and yellow cut over the pictures, but so they came out today. Tomorrow they will certainly be different if ..................   

Regards Leif.

HDR-01.jpg
HDR-02.jpg
HDR-03.jpg
HDR-04.jpg
HDR-05.jpg
2018-6-28
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

A little flat but looking like a nice area for flying around, i am very happy i have fields all over up here.
What are you using to tone and merge the bracket shots to HDR? - Really a lot of banding in the first two, it's a pity, but thanks for the share.
2018-6-28
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-28 07:20
A little flat but looking like a nice area for flying around, i am very happy i have fields all over up here.
What are you using to tone and merge the bracket shots to HDR? - Really a lot of banding in the first two, it's a pity, but thanks for the share.

Yes, it's not easy with the new software where you have 1000+ possibilities to pull a "handle". I use HDR project # 5.5 profesional as I have just upgraded my # 4 to after a great deal. There are big differences between the two versions. I am trying to learn after the "draw and push" method. There may be a new releases tomorrow or the day after, who knows.   

Oha, have a correction. I switched to the words "sunset" and "sunrise" in the text of the pictures, I apologize and make some new different versions later today.   

Regards Leif.
2018-6-28
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-28 07:20

By the way, the soil here is not very flat in Danish conditions. You actually look at THY's second highest point on number 1&2 images. Just below the sun a little to the right is a burial mound (Bavnehøj) from the ionage next to a historic property called Nørfeldt at a height of 71 meters ASL. Here on my property I have four burial mounds where the highest is laying 58 meters ASL. Thy's highest point is Ashøj and has a height of 94 meters ASL.

Regards Leif.
2018-6-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very nice images.
2018-6-28
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Good effort.  I liked them.
2018-6-28
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Landbo Posted at 2018-6-28 12:08
By the way, the soil here is not very flat in Danish conditions. You actually look at THY's second highest point on number 1&2 images. Just below the sun a little to the right is a burial mound (Bavnehøj) from the ionage next to a historic property called Nørfeldt at a height of 71 meters ASL. Here on my property I have four burial mounds where the highest is laying 58 meters ASL. Thy's highest point is Ashøj and has a height of 94 meters ASL.

Regards Leif.

Okay i stay corrected, it is even more than up here where the level goes from about -1 to around 40 meters ASL, It does look flat though, perhaps the morning fog is filling out the lower part in the landscape.

I didn't even notice the rise/set mixup, but i wouldn't know if you had been up early after taking a 'morfar' and was just catching the setting sun.

Keep up the nice work.
2018-6-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice work.
I know, hard to remember.
Rise or Set....
2018-6-28
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

Tnx, I hope the next version will be better when/if my P4A and DJIGO4 hopefully soon learn to behave properly. It is annoying and waist of time when I have to make an yoyo dance only for setting the camera.   

Regards Leif.
2018-6-29
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-6-28 13:26
Good effort.  I liked them.

Tnx.  
2018-6-29
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-6-28 23:30
Nice work.
I know, hard to remember.
Rise or Set....

Tnx, yes, it would be easier if we could use our own language. On the other hand, I hopefully also learn something.   

Regards Leif.
2018-6-29
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-28 21:57
Okay i stay corrected, it is even more than up here where the level goes from about -1 to around 40 meters ASL, It does look flat though, perhaps the morning fog is filling out the lower part in the landscape.

I didn't even notice the rise/set mixup, but i wouldn't know if you had been up early after taking a 'morfar' and was just catching the setting sun.

Yes, the fog will always be above the lowest areas since the air is coldest at that point.

The error occurred when I was busy making my program work properly. I still thought the new version gives a worse result than old one. Maybe it was a bad investment I did by upgrading.   

Tnx.

Regards Leif.
2018-6-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Landbo Posted at 2018-6-29 09:14
Tnx, yes, it would be easier if we could use our own language. On the other hand, I hopefully also learn something.   

Regards Leif.

Yes, that would be more easy.
Still I thing English is the most convenient for most of us.
2018-6-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Landbo Posted at 2018-6-29 09:10
Tnx, I hope the next version will be better when/if my P4A and DJIGO4 hopefully soon learn to behave properly. It is annoying and waist of time when I have to make an yoyo dance only for setting the camera.   

Regards Leif.

Fingers crossed it gets sorted soon for you
2018-6-29
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-6-29 12:51
Yes, that would be more easy.
Still I thing English is the most convenient for most of us.

Yes English is probably the easiest language number 2 for us living around the English Channel and the North Sea. But I'm quite sure neither a person from Suomi, China or many African countries will think so. You can just see how it is with your language versus my own, even our countries are only few hundred km apart. We do not understand each other's native language.

Regards Leif.
2018-6-29
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

A CW Posted at 2018-6-29 12:52
Fingers crossed it gets sorted soon for you

Thanks, I hope so too, but have an feeling that DJI need to deliver an DJIGO4 with clean code for Android before it will succeed.   

Regards Leif.
2018-6-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Landbo Posted at 2018-6-29 15:10
Thanks, I hope so too, but have an feeling that DJI need to deliver an DJIGO4 with clean code for Android before it will succeed.   

Regards Leif.

People have been asking for the that for a very long time!
2018-6-29
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

A CW Posted at 2018-6-29 16:39
People have been asking for the that for a very long time!

Yes, DJI has released both V.4.2.21 and 4.2.22 for iOS without we Android users have gotten anything.  
   But we are unfortunately used to standing in the back of the queue.   

Regards Leif.
2018-6-29
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

I have used my "magic pole" on the recordings again. These are final editions with Danish text.

If anyone is wondering the strange colors of the sky when the camera turns away from the morning sun, I can tell that it is the sun reflected in the humidity of the air.

Regards Leif.

2018-6-30
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

nice shot!
2018-6-30
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Landbo Posted at 2018-6-30 00:11
I have used my "magic pole" on the recordings again. These are final editions with Danish text.

If anyone is wondering the strange colors of the sky when the camera turns away from the morning sun, I can tell that it is the sun reflected in the humidity of the air.

nice it look better
2018-6-30
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Yeah that made a big improvement
Now the "bumps" in the landscape stand out more clearly, but the ground got a lot darker on the second (first in #1) hiding some of that detail, but really looking better all in all.
I think had the sun not been hiding in the thin clouds on the later pictures the height differences had clearly shown due to shadows from the higher points, that's what i like when the sun is getting low.

Keep up the good work.
2018-6-30
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

Thanks, that's why I posted them the second time.   

Regards Leif.
2018-6-30
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-30 11:05
Yeah that made a big improvement
Now the "bumps" in the landscape stand out more clearly, but the ground got a lot darker on the second (first in #1) hiding some of that detail, but really looking better all in all.
I think had the sun not been hiding in the thin clouds on the later pictures the height differences had clearly shown due to shadows from the higher points, that's what i like when the sun is getting low.

Tnx, Yes, you can better see the height differences in the landscape now. The sun does not shine on the soils after the hills. Therefore, the bottom of the image is darkere.

With HDR in general, I think most it's about being able to limit its expression !!!   

I'm just a happy amateur who plays a little with photography.

Regards Leif.
2018-6-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Landbo Posted at 2018-6-29 15:01
Yes English is probably the easiest language number 2 for us living around the English Channel and the North Sea. But I'm quite sure neither a person from Suomi, China or many African countries will think so. You can just see how it is with your language versus my own, even our countries are only few hundred km apart. We do not understand each other's native language.

Regards Leif.

Very true.
Amazing how this evolved over time.
I must say I can understand somewhat Danish, but that is just because I 'study' Swedish in my spare time. (via Duolingo, so nothing spectacular)
2018-6-30
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-6-30 11:59
Very true.
Amazing how this evolved over time.
I must say I can understand somewhat Danish, but that is just because I 'study' Swedish in my spare time. (via Duolingo, so nothing spectacular)

Yes, you can understand some Danish language. You just have to take care of words that describe things as there is often a big difference between the meaning of the word between Swedish and Danish.

In Danish we have some words from Holland, but they are mostly from the maritime side. It is clear that it is a sailor coming home with new words and not a farmer.

Regards Leif.
2018-6-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Landbo Posted at 2018-6-30 12:11
Yes, you can understand some Danish language. You just have to take care of words that describe things as there is often a big difference between the meaning of the word between Swedish and Danish.

In Danish we have some words from Holland, but they are mostly from the maritime side. It is clear that it is a sailor coming home with new words and not a farmer.

Hahahahaha.
Very true (that sailor part).
I find the Danish have a bit more 'hard' sounds in their speech.
This year I will first see if Duolingo does give me real knowledge of a language.
I have been doing that for 450 days now, so I'll see how it goes in Sweden.
2018-6-30
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-6-30 12:16
Hahahahaha.
Very true (that sailor part).
I find the Danish have a bit more 'hard' sounds in their speech.

We sometimes say here in Denmark that people in South Sweden are singing and not speaking. Perhaps that the reason why Sweden has won the European Song contest so often ?   

Good luck with the studies.

Regards Leif.
2018-6-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Landbo Posted at 2018-6-30 13:08
We sometimes say here in Denmark that people in South Sweden are singing and not speaking. Perhaps that the reason why Sweden has won the European Song contest so often ?   

Good luck with the studies.

Yes, exactly.
They 'sing' a lot.
Love that sound.
Especially when a woman makes it!
2018-6-30
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-6-30 13:55
Yes, exactly.
They 'sing' a lot.
Love that sound.

Not to entice you but people from both NE Jutland, the island of Fyn and the island of Bornholm actually also sings but with different beaks. In fact, people from the island of Bornholm are called Half Skåninge or half Swedes.   

Yes yes, then you know why ABBA was so famous when I was young and pretty.   

Regards Leif.
2018-6-30
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Landbo Posted at 2018-6-30 11:33

Regards Leif.

you are welcome!
2018-6-30
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Landbo Posted at 2018-6-30 11:33

Regards Leif.

keep it up buddy!
2018-6-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Landbo Posted at 2018-6-30 14:38
Not to entice you but people from both NE Jutland, the island of Fyn and the island of Bornholm actually also sings but with different beaks. In fact, people from the island of Bornholm are called Half Skåninge or half Swedes.   

Yes yes, then you know why ABBA was so famous when I was young and pretty.   

Hahahahahaha.
Probably yes!
2018-7-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Landbo Posted at 2018-6-30 00:11
I have used my "magic pole" on the recordings again. These are final editions with Danish text.

Stunning stills   
2018-7-1
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

Tnx again.

Regards Leif.
2018-7-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Landbo Posted at 2018-7-1 05:01
Tnx again.

Regards Leif.

2018-7-1
Use props
Rivi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74521 ft
India

I like the 3rd one.  A bit of vignetting but that can be fixed.
2018-7-1
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Just noticed you also switched a picture, no 3 from OP has gone and got replaced of no 4 in the update. Was the one left out not working for you at all or ?
2018-7-2
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

Rivi Posted at 2018-7-1 19:33
I like the 3rd one.  A bit of vignetting but that can be fixed.

Thank you for your comment. Yes, there is a bit of vignetting but that's not what I've done the most to remove. Right now I'm struggling to get to know my new HDR software.

Regards Leif.
2018-7-2
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-2 01:10
Just noticed you also switched a picture, no 3 from OP has gone and got replaced of no 4 in the update. Was the one left out not working for you at all or ?

Oh yes yes and no. Yes, in the last set I have changed the order a bit. There is the order in which the camera looks NE NE (sun) SE SW and W. It is true I have taken another set of my shots. But otherwise the subject should be the same.

Regards Leif.
2018-7-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules