Motors wont accelerate with propellers installed
1477 7 2015-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tyler.armstrong
New

United States

Hello.

I am running E800 motors with 30A ESCs, the Naza Lite, and the phantom controller and receiver. All products are DJI but I am using a custom frame. I calibrated the controller in in all three transmitter states as well as the IMU. I am not using a GPS or compass. The battery I am using is a 4S Lipo 25C 5800 mAh capacity.

I started up the system without propellers and got fairly normal results. The motors all spun and accelerated when I increased the throttle. I then attached the DJI quick attach 13 inch propellers that are standard on the E800 system. I started the system again but the motors all spin fairly slowly and do not respond to any inputs from the transmitter (except for start and stop)

I get three green lights after contacting the battery followed by a single intermediately blinking yellow. If the propellers are attached and I try to increase the throttle, the LED flashes double yellow. From what I can tell, this just means that the sticks arent at center. The motors will spin indefinitely after start up until I tell them to stop. I think they are supposed to run for 3 seconds and cut off after that if no input is given.

Has anybody experienced similar issues or have a clue what is the cause of this system failure?

Thank you in advance for your help!

2015-5-17
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

can you post up a video?
2015-5-20
Use props
tyler.armstrong
New

United States

Apparently, I don't know how to do that. Im working on uploading a video to  youtube now. I will also try checking the forums to see if someone has figured out an easy way.
2015-5-20
Use props
tyler.armstrong
New

United States

https://youtu.be/FOyWvhxtql8
2015-5-20
Use props
tyler.armstrong
New

United States

I think I made it so it will play in this browser. But if you have trouble, I have uploaded the video showing my problem here: youtube.com/watch?v=FOyWvhxtql8
2015-5-20
Use props
jdawson.nf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1790384 ft
Canada

The new DJI motors are sold as a power system with special ESC designed to communicate in a special way with the motors.   The ESC monitor a number of variables about the motors that the old ESC don't do.  So best answer is swap out the motors for some basic old school motors or buy the "specific" smart ESC dji sells with that motor.
2015-5-22
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

E800 system requires a 6 cell liposuction, they are being way under powered with a 4 cell and that is most likely your issue, if you wanna run a 4 cell buy the E310 system
2015-6-24
Use props
tyler.armstrong
New

United States

Update: I upgraded to the 620S ESCs that are typical to the system and all seems to work fine now. Flight time is a little low but response and speed are good. Thanks for your help everyone.
2015-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules