Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
M200 X4S yaw off center (misaligned)
1518 15 2018-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lmaciel
lvl.1
Brazil

Hi guys,
I have an M200 with only one payload X4S.

Since the first time I turned it on, the gimbal shows an approx. 5 degree (CCW) disalignment of the yaw axis. I have tried IMU calibration, compass calibration, VPS calibration and gimbal auto calibration.

In free mode this is not a big issue, but it becomes an issue when I'm flying in FPV and Follow modes, since it makes it difficult to fly a straight line. There are no error messages. There has never been a crash.

Awaiting instructions.

Thanks, Leonardo
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Leonardo, sorry for the difficulties with M200, when you select 'Reset' mode, will the gimbal pan to realign with the aircraft's nose? If not, may I have a picture of the gimbal from the right ahead? Besides, what is your current firmware version? Thank you in advance.
2018-6-28
Use props
scott
lvl.1

United States

my M210 is doing the exact same thing, have done IMU calibration, compass, gimbal calibration, is is always slightly off.  re centering does not correct it either.  it also doesn't matter which port or which camera. if i move port one to the top mount gimbal it is off center the same amount only in the other direction.  I was told that a future firmware update may correct this but it does make it difficult to fly strait.  fyi this happend after drone was returned to DJI for a faulty gimbal connection that caused the flir XT camera to not display on the crystal sky.   at least the flir works now but drone looks like it has a lazy eye on startup or when i hit gimbal recenter  
2018-7-20
Use props
lmaciel
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-28 21:09
Leonardo, sorry for the difficulties with M200, when you select 'Reset' mode, will the gimbal pan to realign with the aircraft's nose? If not, may I have a picture of the gimbal from the right ahead? Besides, what is your current firmware version? Thank you in advance.

When it powers up the gimbal calibration takes place. When the calibration procedure ends the gimbal is off axis. Pressing "recenter gimbal" does nothing. If I pan the camera and then click "recenter" it goes back to the wrong off axis position.

Please find a quick video of the gimbal disalignment here
https://drive.google.com/open?id ... 5fgTIdx-b4fGmEeYQLH

I updated both aircraft, gimbal and dji go 4 to the latest version yesterday and recorded the video above afterwards.

thanks, leonardo
2018-7-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

lmaciel Posted at 2018-7-20 14:38
When it powers up the gimbal calibration takes place. When the calibration procedure ends the gimbal is off axis. Pressing "recenter gimbal" does nothing. If I pan the camera and then click "recenter" it goes back to the wrong off axis position.

Please find a quick video of the gimbal disalignment here

Hi Leonardo, thanks for getting back, unfortunately, I cannot open the link since I do not have the permission, please accept my application, thank you.
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

scott@oegreen Posted at 2018-7-20 14:12
my M210 is doing the exact same thing, have done IMU calibration, compass, gimbal calibration, is is always slightly off.  re centering does not correct it either.  it also doesn't matter which port or which camera. if i move port one to the top mount gimbal it is off center the same amount only in the other direction.  I was told that a future firmware update may correct this but it does make it difficult to fly strait.  fyi this happend after drone was returned to DJI for a faulty gimbal connection that caused the flir XT camera to not display on the crystal sky.   at least the flir works now but drone looks like it has a lazy eye on startup or when i hit gimbal recenter

Scott, sorry to know you have the same issue, may I have several pictures of the off-center gimbal? Thanks.
2018-7-23
Use props
scott
lvl.1

United States

2018-12-11
Use props
scott
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-23 00:55
Scott, sorry to know you have the same issue, may I have several pictures of the off-center gimbal? Thanks.

sorry for the late response, didnt see that you responded, see pictures above
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

scott@oegreen Posted at 12-11 09:45
sorry for the late response, didnt see that you responded, see pictures above

Thanks for getting back, I'm a little confused of 'it doesn't matter which port or which camera', may I verify the issue happens every time when powering on? What is your current firmware of the drone and the camera?
2018-12-13
Use props
scott
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-13 02:07
Thanks for getting back, I'm a little confused of 'it doesn't matter which port or which camera', may I verify the issue happens every time when powering on? What is your current firmware of the drone and the camera?

we just upgraded to the most current firmware V01.02.0000 and still doing the same thing.  it was not doing this prior to being sent into DJI for troubleshooting of the XT connection problems we were having.  it is always the x4s camera that does this.  any time we start up or any time we hit gimble re center.  if i move the x4s to any other port such as the top mount, or single center mount it does the same the same thing.  always off center.   
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

scott@oegreen Posted at 12-13 09:31
we just upgraded to the most current firmware V01.02.0000 and still doing the same thing.  it was not doing this prior to being sent into DJI for troubleshooting of the XT connection problems we were having.  it is always the x4s camera that does this.  any time we start up or any time we hit gimble re center.  if i move the x4s to any other port such as the top mount, or single center mount it does the same the same thing.  always off center.

If only the X4S has this problem no matter which port it is mounted, it could be the sensor related defect of the camera, it is recommended to send in the camera for further evaluation when you are available. Sorry for the trouble caused.
2018-12-14
Use props
rbeisaw83
lvl.1

United States

Did we ever find an answer to fix this issue??
2020-6-26
Use props
BeeMaina
lvl.1

Kenya

I have the same issue with the Zenmuse L1 on Matrive 300 RTK, Someone please help
20240414_084308.jpg
4-14 23:33
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BeeMaina Posted at 4-14 23:33
I have the same issue with the Zenmuse L1 on Matrive 300 RTK, Someone please help

BeeMaina, sorry to know you have the same issue. We want to know if the Zenmuse L1 self-check when the drone is started.
4-15 00:06
Use props
BeeMaina
lvl.1

Yes it does self check, it rests on that position shown above after self check
4-15 05:01
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BeeMaina Posted at 4-15 05:01
Yes it does self check, it rests on that position shown above after self check

Hello. Please self-check the gimbal and see if the problem still exists.Please keep us updated if the issue persists.
4-15 18:46
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules