IOS vs ANDROID
10954 14 2018-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans16a0b755
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661 ft
Greece

Hi!I wanted to ask what the difference in dji go4 is when I use an Android device and which ios (iphone, ipad)
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for bringing your query, here in DJI we do have compatible devices that have been tested with our DJI Go 4 app and we are currently supporting android and iOs devices depending on your aircraft.
2018-6-28
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

As far as functionality goes they are the same thing however you will notice many on here seem to have more issues like lag, disconnects, pixelated video, etc when using Android compared to not near as many issues with IOS.
2018-6-28
Use props
fans16a0b755
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661 ft
Greece

since there are no significant differences, it is better to buy a good Android device (xiaomi, samsung) with less money than a more expensive ios device?
2018-6-28
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

iOS is more stable and less issues when running DJI Go. I get funny messages on my Android device but not on iOS.
2018-6-28
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Android has worked perfectly for me on 5 devices in the space of 18 months.  (Nexus 7 2013, Nexus 5x, Pixel 1, Pixel 2 XL, Huawei Mediapad M3), No issues at all other than a dodgy USB cable at one point.  In short, it "just works".

Im convinced 99% of the android "problems" are people with crazy amounts of resource hogging bloat installed on their tablet - if you look at peoples tablets complaining of issues theyre a complete mess with all kinds of apps and spoof apps to fix non existent battery problems and so on.  That or using things like Samsung which aren't really android due to how much they alter the OS.

2018-6-29
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

fans16a0b755 Posted at 2018-6-28 18:05
since there are no significant differences, it is better to buy a good Android device (xiaomi, samsung) with less money than a more expensive ios device?

Samsung isnt a "good" android device.  They alter the android OS so much it can cause problems.  They're also one of the worst manufacturers in terms of producing device updates or security updates.
They're a bit like apple - a good marketing brand and brand following but not actually great hardware.
2018-6-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Go with IOS.
2018-6-29
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

And I'll go for the other route.  I've never used IOS on my drone, but have used Android since Day one.  No video problems, no error messages, no faults....  only perfect flying every time.  
2018-6-29
Use props
mumtazkhan9
lvl.1

Pakistan

Good discussion found here.
2020-1-9
Use props
michimue88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 841260 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

iOS go with iOS
2020-1-9
Use props
zappy49
lvl.4
Flight distance : 446900 ft
United Kingdom

go with iOS your RC battery will last longer and you won't get the PITA usb nagging
2020-1-10
Use props
dbsky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 773930 ft
France

Hello everyone, little feedback, on IOS and ANDROID.
My first Android tablet was a Samsung mount. Some worries and frights. After careful consideration, the Samsung layer and software was the cause (as said above).

I changed to the Huawei M3 brand then M5 (8.4p) and there, only happiness. These tablets were dedicated only for DJI and applications around the drone. No worries a treat with the M5. The only drawback for me was that the DJI GO4 software is not possible in French.

So I bought an IPAD 11 Pro, a wonder, more there, I have DJI in French (I also use it for aviation, the GPS constellation Galileo bringing more precision). Only problem, I have not found a sun visor for the iPad 11 pro to date. The choice of the size of this Ipad is voluntary.

So I would say that for Android, a tablet like Huawei, purified of software that clutters at the risk of crashing the DJI application. I put 5 stars because it never failed me. (But I'm sure there are others, but I haven't tested).

IOS on Ipad Pro 11, for its power, the big screen, the choice of language ... Its stability. Simply a beast, 5 stars too.
I hope you find this feedback useful.

Good day to all
2020-2-6
Use props
kalelijpo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93064 ft
Netherlands

i always use IOS never any issue`s, there for i never used ANDROID.
2020-2-7
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-28 17:02
Hi, thanks for bringing your query, here in DJI we do have compatible devices that have been tested with our DJI Go 4 app and we are currently supporting android and iOs devices depending on your aircraft.

Thanks for all of the words and still NOT answering the question.

You should be a politician...
2020-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules