Controlling OM2 independently from DJI App
644 5 2018-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Seeq
New

Germany

Hi there,
is there a way to control the Osmo Mobile 2 without having to use the DJI App? I've got the following scenario:

The OM2 is mounted on a tripod and shall be used to take a video without me controlling it. The idea is that the Osmo turns to pre-defined scenes without my input (much like it does with M-Timelapse) taking a video with the phone's native camera app (Pixel 2). The reason is that I feel like the Pixel 2's camera app is superior to DJI's.

Is there an app that could do this?

Cheers
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, I can only recommend using DJI Go app for you to maximize the features and functionality of your Osmo mobile 2.
2018-6-29
Use props
Seeq
New

Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-29 02:14
Hi there, I can only recommend using DJI Go app for you to maximize the features and functionality of your Osmo mobile 2.

Thanks for that recommendation. It's somewhat off from what I asked but I understand that you would recommend it.
I am using the DJI Go app for some of its feature but the simple fact is that its pictures and videos are inferior to what the Pixel 2's original camera app does.

Hence my question remains, is there a different app than the DJI Go app which can control the Osmo while I use the native camera app?
2018-6-29
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Probably not
2018-6-29
Use props
DRAKS
lvl.1

Is there a plan to integrate Osmo mobile 2 and also enhance its functionality?
- only one heavy app to install
- saving photos and vids directly to the camera roll [IOS]? Currently I have to select each photo individually and save it to the camera roll, then again select each of them to delete it and then go to the me section to free up the cache —- annoying workflow
- support all functionality of the hardware e.g. iPhone X 4k/60fps
2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Unfortunately, we can only control the Osmo mobile 2 using DJI GO 4 app and I'm afraid that our Osmo mobile 2 does not have a capability of what you're trying to do and like what you've mentioned, you can consider doing motion time-lapse or hyper-lapse as well. Thank you for your understanding.
2018-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules