Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IMNdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Running latest firmware and version of software for LG V20

My brand-new Osmo+ out-of-the-box won't connect to the LG V20 as it should.

I also have an iPad Pro 10.5" and was able to successfully connect to it.

V20 works fine with my Inspire 2 and Mavic Pro. Won't work with Osmo+

I am running both DJI GO and DJI GO4 on both tablet and smart phone. That is because Osmo+ won't work on DJIGO4 (pretty dumb DJI to have to run 2 apps - should have support for Osmo in DJI GO4).

Osmo+ will connect to LG V20 wifi (with no internet which is normal) but get black screen with NA across and no camera video.

Connects fine to iPad but tablet is way too large to use with Osmo.

Has anyone found a solution to connection problems with LG V20 (which is supposedly compatible)?

DJI you need to work this stuff out. LG V20 offers one of the largest smart phone screens and it has a removable battery and microSD card. That makes it ideal for use with drones or Osmo because you can charge multiple batteries and swap during shoot. Plenty of space on microSD for cache.

You should focus on working with a manufacture like LG who make large screens with removable batteries and microSD cards to insure 100% cmpatibility. iPhone and similar with no upgradeable / removable memory or battery are probematic to use with DJI drones and Osmo because batteries don't last long enough. You can get extra batteries for V20 and a battery case that allows charging batteries out of the phone. So you can have 3 or 4 batteries charged and shoot all day no problem. Batteries charge fast too. Maintain charge for months. I have seen the V20 battery maintain 80% charge after 7 months of storage.

So the V20 makes a great platform to control DJI products since it has wifi, cellular, removable battery, removable microSD storage, good touch screen, decent brightness at 500 nit, decent battery life with 3,200 mAh battery, runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) and can still be purchased for under $200.

It also just fits in the Osmo+ holder. Barely. Really a perfect solution because you could not have a screen any larger and it still fit in the Osmo+ holder.

Problem is it doesn't work well with Osmo for some reason.

Can you please have your engineers focus some time on making the V20 compatible with all DJI devices?
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi IMNdrone,

Thank you for your feedback, upon checking here the reason why we're connecting properly on the camera of the Osmo+ is that the LG V20 is not one of the recommended devices, we highly suggest to use one of our recommended devices for the Osmo+ to ensure that the phone you are using will work perfectly. You can refer to the picture below for the list of the Osmo+ recommended devices.

Thank you.
2018-6-29
Use props
IMNdrone
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-29 12:56
Hi IMNdrone,

Thank you for your feedback, upon checking here the reason why we're connecting properly on the camera of the Osmo+ is that the LG V20 is not one of the recommended devices, we highly suggest to use one of our recommended devices for the Osmo+ to ensure that the phone you are using will work perfectly. You can refer to the picture below for the list of the Osmo+ recommended devices.

Um... do you read your own material? The very first phone in the "Compatible with" list is LG V20

2018-6-29
Use props
IMNdrone
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-29 12:56
Hi IMNdrone,

Thank you for your feedback, upon checking here the reason why we're connecting properly on the camera of the Osmo+ is that the LG V20 is not one of the recommended devices, we highly suggest to use one of our recommended devices for the Osmo+ to ensure that the phone you are using will work perfectly. You can refer to the picture below for the list of the Osmo+ recommended devices.

As mentioned in my reply the LG V20 is the very first product listed in "compatible devices".

It seems like DJI always "defaults" to blaming someone else.

I have purchased four DJI products.

Phantom 4 Pro
Inspire 2
Mavic Pro
Osmo

None of them have been easy to get working and I am in the technology business.

They all have "quirks" with the software and communication to smart phones or tablets. I have tried iOS and Android devices. The setup is somewhat confusing. There are the frustrating updates that require internet.

Just look on forums and you see that your products can be maddening because you are doing everything a reasonable person should need to do - check before to see what is supposed to be compatible, follow instructions, etc.

But in all four products I have ran into problems despite always using compatible devices etc.

Then you get helpful responses from DJI like this one - hey it is your fault not ours because your device isn't compatible - except it is.

I have found DJI support to be responsive but useless. In other words you have someone contact people quickly but the help provided does not solve problems. It seems DJI reps are trained to read scripts and say things like "I understand why you feel that way" but not to actually solve problems.

Ultimately it is the users of the forums who "discover" solutions after many hours of frustration.

Not to mention that none of your products have a power supply that can plug in and operate the unit on "shore power" rather than battery. For products that you force mandatory updates to all the time this is frustrating. Your batteries charge slowly. You get them charged and get ready to use the products and surprise, surprise - an update is required. Which drains the batteries. Which you now have to charge again before use. Even with 4 sets of batteries for every device and two chargers (which I have) you can't fly as long as you could if you could plug in a power supply to the drone or Osmo and do all the updating and troubleshooting while plugged in instead of using batteries.

You make great products that are well engineered but the DJI Go aps and connectivity to devices is not good at all. I can't even imagine how many people send products back assuming they are defective when it is just some quirk with the device they are trying to connect or some problem with internet etc.

Shame to have such great products but so poor support and such a bad first impression for new users.

You have these fantastic systems with great engineering and even impressive packaging. Right up until customers have to actually try and get them working.

Not just the first time either. I just got my Inspire 2 back from repair and the camera wouldn't connect. Ended up finding how to fix it but that should not happen. I did not change the iPad Pro 10.5 or DJI GO4 ap. Yet the drone would not work and it took me 2 hours of troubleshooting and scanning forums and YouTube videos to figure out why and fix it. All DJI would have had to do is insert instructions with shipment.

But that is typical of the user experience. As is your response to this message. All through my message I referenced the LG V20 and you say the problem is I am trying to use an incompatible device then you provide your own list of compatible devices and THE VERY FIRST ONE ON THE LIST OF COMPATIBLE DEVICES IS THE LG V20 !

Sigh...
2018-6-29
Use props
EldoradoBlackGold
lvl.1
Flight distance : 875518 ft
Latvia

Hello! I Have LG V20 and it works perfectly with OSMO+ and Phantom 4. Never had any problems.
2018-7-2
Use props
ecf08!
lvl.1
United States

I have an LG V20 and Osmo mobile 2. How come I cannot record 4K in DJI Go App with this combination? Only up to 1080P...
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ecf08! Posted at 2018-7-12 10:13
I have an LG V20 and Osmo mobile 2. How come I cannot record 4K in DJI Go App with this combination? Only up to 1080P...

Hi, sorry to read on this, we will check this scenario with our R&D engineers, I would suggest using your stock camera if you have a 4k resolution on your mobile device for the mean-time. Thank you for your patience.
2018-7-12
Use props
ecf08!
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-12 12:31
Hi, sorry to read on this, we will check this scenario with our R&D engineers, I would suggest using your stock camera if you have a 4k resolution on your mobile device for the mean-time. Thank you for your patience.

OK thanks. LG V20 do have 4K in fact V20 is meant for video that's why its perfect pairing for Osmo. Please note though that the old Osmo has no problem with V20 as I have seen in many youtube videos. Its just Osmo Mobile 2 that has issue
2018-7-13
Use props
ecf08!
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-12 12:31
Hi, sorry to read on this, we will check this scenario with our R&D engineers, I would suggest using your stock camera if you have a 4k resolution on your mobile device for the mean-time. Thank you for your patience.

any update on this issue?
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ecf08! Posted at 2018-7-16 11:14
any update on this issue?

Hi, we already follow this case for us to check what seems to be the problem, sorry for taking too long as soon as we receive feedback we will inform you right away. Thank you.
2018-7-16
Use props
ecf08!
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-16 13:21
Hi, we already follow this case for us to check what seems to be the problem, sorry for taking too long as soon as we receive feedback we will inform you right away. Thank you.

still no update why LG V20 does not support 4K on Osmo mobile 2???
2018-7-26
Use props
ecf08!
lvl.1
United States

ecf08! Posted at 2018-7-26 20:07
still no update why LG V20 does not support 4K on Osmo mobile 2???

DJI still nothing
2018-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules