Osmo Mobile 2 camera control Android
899 6 2018-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hogiewan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31112 ft
United States

I am considering getting an Osmo Mobile 2 to hold my Pixel 2 XL.  The DJI FAQ states " You can set parameters manually in the Camera Settings menu. Please note that this function is only supported on iOS devices."

Can I only shoot in auto modes with an Android?  Does this apply to video as well as photos?
2018-6-29
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

unfortunately yes.. no manual settings but you can access the camera software options on your phone
2018-6-29
Use props
Hogiewan
lvl.1
United States

STRIDE8 Posted at 2018-6-29 09:40
unfortunately yes.. no manual settings but you can access the camera software options on your phone

Thanks for the reply.  

Do you like the Osmo?  Was it worth the price to you?
2018-6-29
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Hogiewan Posted at 2018-6-29 09:46
Thanks for the reply.  

Do you like the Osmo?  Was it worth the price to you?

Yes,I love it.  I'm not a hard core video/photography person but I like the fact that it will allow me to be more creative with my videos.  Android is only missing the slomo function and the ability to manually set your camera options.

I think the price is perfect. Hopefully the Go app will be updated for us Android users soon so we can take full advantage of what this device can do.  
2018-6-29
Use props
Martin Lines
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19147 ft

I have the osmo 2 mobile with the pixel 2 XL.

It uses the dji Go app whilst my drone uses the go 4 app.

When I first had my drone the go4 app ate the phone battery but later updates were fine.

Now the go app for the osmo also eats battery. Phone goes from full to empty in 30 minutes
2018-6-29
Use props
Hogiewan
lvl.1
United States

STRIDE8 Posted at 2018-6-29 09:52
Yes,I love it.  I'm not a hard core video/photography person but I like the fact that it will allow me to be more creative with my videos.  Android is only missing the slomo function and the inability to manually set your camera options.

I think the price is perfect. Hopefully the Go app will be updated for us Android users soon so we can take full advantage of what this device can do.

Thanks again.  I just want better "home movies"

I have a Phantom 4 Pro and I got used to smooth videos, but sometimes, I can't take the drone out or I want to mix some angles, but the Osmo+ seems overkill especially since it will tie up my phone while using it anyway.
2018-6-29
Use props
Hogiewan
lvl.1
United States

Martin Lines Posted at 2018-6-29 09:59
I have the osmo 2 mobile with the pixel 2 XL.

It uses the dji Go app whilst my drone uses the go 4 app.

Thanks for the heads up on battery.
2018-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules