Drone/battery doesn't start
619 10 2018-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rallph
New

France

Hello,

I bought a Phantom 3 Standard yesterday and I can't manage to make it work.

I fully charged both the controller and the battery but I can't connect the P3S to my iPhone 7 because it doesn't turn on.

When I pressed the battery button the first time, the camera spinned once but .. only once. I got the firmware update on the DJI Go app and I updated the controller with this but I can't update the drone itself (with the file on the SD) since it stays off.

When I press the button for 5 seconds, all 4 green LEDs are powered on. When I press once and then hold to power it on, only the LED1 is blinking and it turns off after 3 seconds.

Nothing much to say I guess, I researched a lot online but nothing that solves this.

2018-6-29
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Press once, let go, then long press again
2018-6-29
Use props
Rallph
New

France

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-6-29 14:34
Press once, let go, then long press again

"When I press once and then hold to power it on, only the LED1 is blinking and it turns off after 3 seconds."
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry that you are having issues on turning the Phantom 3 Standard on. Is the battery fully charged?
2018-6-29
Use props
Rallph
New

France

I guess it is.

When I press the battery button for 5 seconds all 4 green LEDs are lighted up and when I plug it on AC with the included adapter, all LEDs stay powered off.
According to the user manual, that's when it's fully charged
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for that information, may I ask where did you purchase the DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Is it through the online store or a retailer?  Since you mentioned that the battery LED1 is blinking three times then turns off,  this issue occurs when a battery is damaged. It is recommended to send it to DJI for repair.
2018-6-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Rallph Posted at 2018-6-29 15:01
I guess it is.

When I press the battery button for 5 seconds all 4 green LEDs are lighted up and when I plug it on AC with the included adapter, all LEDs stay powered off.

It still sounds like you are not using the right technique to switch on the aircraft. You press the button on the battery once and release, then press it again straight away and hold it in for 3 to 4 seconds.
2018-6-29
Use props
Rallph
New

France

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-29 15:26
Thank you for that information, may I ask where did you purchase the DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Is it through the online store or a retailer?  Since you mentioned that the battery LED1 is blinking three times then turns off,  this issue occurs when a battery is damaged. It is recommended to send it to DJI for repair.

It was through a retailer.

That's what I thought, it's really annoying. Thank you anyway!
2018-6-29
Use props
Knobbynomates
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18504 ft

Rallph Posted at 2018-6-29 23:07
It was through a retailer.

That's what I thought, it's really annoying. Thank you anyway!

Like Geebax said

The second press needs to be straight away

This fooled me a few times in my early days
2018-6-30
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

Push the button short time wait a sec and hold it 3-4 secs. The LEDs will glow up in that time from the 1st to the 4th in the time you hold the button.
2018-6-30
Use props
Mkurr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1605564 ft
United States

"push the button short time wait a sec and hold it 3-4 secs. The LEDs will glow up in that time from the 1st to the 4th in the time you hold the button. "
ya!
2018-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules