Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
is the battery in a mavic the same as in phantom 3 std
514 5 2018-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lgood
lvl.1

Searched for this and could not find an answere, just curious since my son has a mavic pro and i a phantom 3 std. Actually got to fly it for the first time today. I'm susposed to be retired but always to much work, not enough play. One other question. The range and altitude are fine for me. Should line of sight be maintained, or are some trees that would hide the drone. Thanks for the answeres.

2018-6-29
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

No, the batteries are not the same.

It's best to fly LOS. If any obstacles come between the remote controller and drone, the signal will either be weakened or completely disconnected.

2018-6-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

It’s best to fly above any obstacles, maintaining direct communication with your flight kit.

RedHotPoker
2018-6-29
Use props
Lonesome Crow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>

First, the batteries are different between the two craft.  

Next, Visual Line Of Sight (VLOS) operations; means exactly that, keeping the unmanned aircraft in visual-line-of-sight at all times. This means not flying an unmanned aircraft into clouds or fog, not behind trees, buildings or other [even partial] obstructions. VLOS also means un-aided vision except for prescription glasses or sunglasses, and not having to use binoculars, telescopes or zoom lenses to see the unmanned aircraft.
2018-6-30
Use props
lgood
lvl.1

Ok, well that answers my questions. Thanks a lot.
2018-6-30
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

The Voltage of these 2 batteries is different, Mavics have 3S lipos(11.1V) and the phantoms have 4S lipos(15,4 V)
Do not try to let the  bird fly behind any object. You´ll have a signal loss and get a RTH if you have luck.
2018-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules