Mavic Pro Crashed Within Warranty
2266 9 2018-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans93e8229a
lvl.1
Taiwan

Hi,

I was flying my Mavic Pro in the city. When it almost hit a building, it detected the obstacle and revised flight route, within a second it appeared "motor obstructed," and then it crashed. ( I don't know how the motor was obstructed after revising the flight route)

I have the aircraft back but it crashed with 80km/hr so it's not looking well, I think the internals are dead, as it cannot connect with my RC with the battery on.

I've just gotten my Mavic Pro for 3 days, so it is within warranty. Does anyone know if this is a user error or if the warranty can help?

Thanks.
2018-6-29
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
Malaysia

Hi, you can request for a repair. Most likely you will get a refurbished unit. If they repair it, after they checked it, they will give you the quote to repair it. Most of the times, I believe its free.
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry for the mishap, please contact our support team to start a ticket for data analysis, the warranty service will be provided if it has nothing to do with the pilot's operation after the data analysis. Wish you good luck.
2018-6-29
Use props
fans93e8229a
lvl.1
Taiwan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-29 20:30
We are sorry for the mishap, please contact our support team to start a ticket for data analysis, the warranty service will be provided if it has nothing to do with the pilot's operation after the data analysis. Wish you good luck.

Hi Mindy,

Thanks for the response.
Based on your experience, do you think this would be determined as a user error?

Because my Mavic Pro was purchased in China, so I probably need to send it all the way back. I am wondering if all the hassle would be worth it.

Thanks.
2018-6-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans93e8229a Posted at 2018-6-30 18:04
Hi Mindy,

Thanks for the response.

Sorry that I cannot tell without the flight record, please contact our support to see if the data analysis can be arranged before sending in.
2018-7-2
Use props
fans93e8229a
lvl.1
Taiwan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-2 03:01
Sorry that I cannot tell without the flight record, please contact our support to see if the data analysis can be arranged before sending in.

Hi Mindy,

Okay, thank you.

May I ask who should I contact to see if the flight data record can be analyzed before sending the aircraft in? Can you give me the email or direct me to the webpage?

Thanks.
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans93e8229a Posted at 2018-7-2 05:07
Hi Mindy,

Okay, thank you.

Sorry for the late response, here is the link to contact our support team: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
If the drone was bought from Taiwan and you can read Chinese, please change the language to Chinese, thanks.
2018-7-6
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

if it's pilot error there is a fee plain and simple, but the service is great and fast, and not all that expensive.  I went through it and I am very satisfied with the outcome.
2018-7-7
Use props
djiuser_3awOqTnvX1cP
New

Hi

I was flying my DJI mavic air at lake inside a limestone at Tasik Cermin, Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia. Suddenly my drone lost control and cross the wall of limestone and fall into the lake. Was I given a warranty for the incident.

Thank
2019-9-22
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft

djiuser_3awOqTnvX1cP Posted at 9-22 08:00
Hi

I was flying my DJI mavic air at lake inside a limestone at Tasik Cermin, Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia. Suddenly my drone lost control and cross the wall of limestone and fall into the lake. Was I given a warranty for the incident.

I don't think that I would attempt to fly inside of a cave, I've paid good money for my Mavic.
2019-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules