Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
About to buy the MAVIC AIR, need urgent answers on a few question...
1869 53 2018-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
plainman007
lvl.3

India

Upon observation. After 2 cycles of full recharging the remote battery seems to be performing better now. When i took it to the rooftop to start my first flight the remote was fully charged. But i also ensured that my mobile was fully charged and at 100% so that the remote will not have to charge it or might only have to trickle top it off. Seemed to work because after the flight (which incidentally lasted about 18 minutes in the air) i checked the system status and it showed my mobile to be at 99% and the remote battery report was at 90% (so only 10% usage) with the aircraft battery reported at 19%. I think that was decent.

I liked the stability of the AIR. It was ROCK SOLID to say the least. Amazing smooth landing and take off. Very nice follow tracking. Its just my first day. Im sure ill keep experimenting and can get better.

The video that i recorded (i set it to 1080p only) since i dont have an SD card inside the AIR, seems to play back at fast forward, when i selected play the original from the drone, it played but there were some blocking artifacts and patches across half the screen during some moments of the short video i took. And also playback runs at a fast-forward kind of speed.

Im also unable to get the AIR to recognize my Sandisk Ultra, 16gb, Class 10, HC 1 type. I know its not an ideal card for 4k but i only wanted to record 1080p. It doesnt show up in any menu at all to format and use and assign as preferred storage. Can i get a pointer or 2.

Thanks
2018-7-14
Use props
zoomzu3
lvl.3

plainman007 Posted at 2018-6-30 22:44
I very much respect your feedback and it was quite helpful to know. Do you definitely need a GPS lock to fly the AIR, because then how do people fly them indoor. Im completely new to drones so please forgive my ignorance.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been on vacation. You don't have to have GPS lock but, the AIR will drift. GPS make it super stable and beginner friendly. First thing out of box, I charged up the batteries, controller and did all firmware updates. Had the AIR on the counter. Thought I'd try it out. Wasn't really paying attention.  Manually take off, drifted over and down. bounce off the garbage can and hit the floor. All in about 3 seconds. Don't fly indoors, unless you know what you're doing.

Hope this helps
2018-7-14
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Captain
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

OMG, fly it already or return it! XD
2018-7-14
Use props
plainman007
lvl.3

India

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 2018-7-14 11:59
OMG, fly it already or return it! XD

You're talking to me ?
2018-7-15
Use props
plainman007
lvl.3

India

zoomzu3 Posted at 2018-7-14 10:41
Sorry for the late reply, I've been on vacation. You don't have to have GPS lock but, the AIR will drift. GPS make it super stable and beginner friendly. First thing out of box, I charged up the batteries, controller and did all firmware updates. Had the AIR on the counter. Thought I'd try it out. Wasn't really paying attention.  Manually take off, drifted over and down. bounce off the garbage can and hit the floor. All in about 3 seconds. Don't fly indoors, unless you know what you're doing.

Hope this helps

Oh, that's bad. Did the drone get damaged or something ?
2018-7-15
Use props
plainman007
lvl.3

India

I today had my 2nd attempt at flying and something happened. I tried to hand land to avoid sand damage to the motor etc, but it slightly slipped (it gets crazy when you put your hand underneath it) and i had to grab it by the prop guard quickly, which caused my thumb to hit one of the props and it was sort of straining for a second and then by the time the remaining motors shut off. My thumb was hardly hurt, i guess this was because they were in a spin down cycle for landing ? else i think if they are in a take off mode the prop hit wouldn't be so painless ?

Will this cause any damage to the said motor ? It was just a second or two that it was stopped in the manner explained above. After this i flew one more time and noticed that for the first time i got a ADDITIONAL PAYLOAD DETECTED, FLY WITH CAUTION warning on the app, then it went away in a few seconds. The flight was kind of normal and it landed correctly too.

Any idea if i would have done some damage to the drone ?
2018-7-15
Use props
zoomzu3
lvl.3

plainman007 Posted at 2018-7-15 07:09
Oh, that's bad. Did the drone get damaged or something ?

No, It was a "soft" crash.  All works great
2018-7-16
Use props
zoomzu3
lvl.3

plainman007 Posted at 2018-7-15 07:16
I today had my 2nd attempt at flying and something happened. I tried to hand land to avoid sand damage to the motor etc, but it slightly slipped (it gets crazy when you put your hand underneath it) and i had to grab it by the prop guard quickly, which caused my thumb to hit one of the props and it was sort of straining for a second and then by the time the remaining motors shut off. My thumb was hardly hurt, i guess this was because they were in a spin down cycle for landing ? else i think if they are in a take off mode the prop hit wouldn't be so painless ?

Will this cause any damage to the said motor ? It was just a second or two that it was stopped in the manner explained above. After this i flew one more time and noticed that for the first time i got a ADDITIONAL PAYLOAD DETECTED, FLY WITH CAUTION warning on the app, then it went away in a few seconds. The flight was kind of normal and it landed correctly too.

My friend did a hand land. You have to make sure your hand is where the sensors are not. Otherwise it wants to avoid the obstacle.

Don't know enough to answer the other.
2018-7-16
Use props
plainman007
lvl.3

India

My finger hit a prop during a hand landing. The motors were anyway slowing down for landing otherwise i would have felt a very hard hit, but it just tapped my finger and struggled for a second or two, by the time the other motors shut off and the drone was in parked mode. Are there any chances i would have damaged the motor.

I did a flight just after that to check and it went normal EXCEPT i got a warning saying "EXTRA PAYLOAD DETECTED, FLY WITH CAUTION". Is this because of the prop incident ? Ive always flown with the prop guards on only. So i dont know if it gave this warning earlier also but due to being a newbie i didn't see it before and am only noticing it now. Or whether its giving this warning because i stopped the prop for a second as explained above.

Any ideas ?
2018-7-16
Use props
plainman007
lvl.3

India

dronto Posted at 2018-7-14 06:29
Happy to hear that you had nice flight and got a chance to try few tracking shots. It took me several flights before I was brave enough to try Quickshot functions.

Hi Dronto,

I didn't do quick-shots. But i did active track as i flew manually with a subject walking and it was following correctly.
2018-7-17
Use props
dronto
Captain
Singapore

plainman007 Posted at 2018-7-17 01:18
Hi Dronto,

I didn't do quick-shots. But i did active track as i flew manually with a subject walking and it was following correctly.

Wow nice try plainman007, thanks for the kind info
2018-7-17
Use props
plainman007
lvl.3

India

dronto Posted at 2018-7-17 02:41
Wow nice try plainman007, thanks for the kind info

Hi,

Ive noticed its not flying backward beyond an approximate of just 40 feet from me. Further to that no matter how much i pull back on the stick it doesn't budge. Its doing this irrespective of location, direction, yaw orientation, altitude etc. The remainder of movements seem to work. Since i bought it, it has never crossed this cylindrical barrier of about 40' radius.

Can someone help ?

PS : I switched off beginner mode too.
2018-7-22
Use props
plainman007
lvl.3

India

Sorted out the backward flying issue.
2018-7-25
Use props
dronto
Captain