Ronon-S 12V Accessory power port pinout...
10833 21 2018-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
G Kochanowsky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1960591 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know how I can get the pinout for the DJJI Ronin-S 12 V Accessory Power Port?
2018-6-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

These two ports can be used to supply power to the third accessories or the camera, the connection cable will be released in our online store soon, appreciate your patience.
2018-7-1
Use props
adamjrichman
lvl.2
United States

Any update on this? Sent you a DM as well Mindy. Thanks!
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

adamjrichman Posted at 2018-7-12 21:31
Any update on this? Sent you a DM as well Mindy. Thanks!

Unfortunately, the corresponding connection cable and accessories haven't been released, please pay attention to our website about the future release.
2018-7-13
Use props
adamjrichman
lvl.2
United States

I'm aware they haven't been released, hoping to get a realistic timeline for them. Given that the focus knob only works with one camera, it seems imperative that cables be made for this (ideally to something universally useful, like p-tap) as quickly as possible. Without being able to power a focus motor it means we're stuck with a gimbal that produces images out that are of focus... I was hoping to see a real timeline for when this will be made. Or at least a document that shows the proper wiring so we can make the cables ourselves. Thanks.
2018-7-13
Use props
adamjrichman
lvl.2
United States

Is there any link with info to the proper pin-out configuration?
2018-7-13
Use props
G Kochanowsky
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-1 23:07
These two ports can be used to supply power to the third accessories or the camera, the connection cable will be released in our online store soon, appreciate your patience.

Thanks for letting me know that DJI intends to sell these cables, however I am looking for the pinout so I can use a dummy battery powered by the Ronin. Any idea where I can find the pinout?
2018-7-13
Use props
Trin
New

Luxembourg

G Kochanowsky Posted at 2018-7-13 10:55
Thanks for letting me know that DJI intends to sell these cables, however I am looking for the pinout so I can use a dummy battery powered by the Ronin. Any idea where I can find the pinout?

Would like to know pin-outs too. I am not sure that power cable to Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K will be ever released...
2018-7-31
Use props
ChaseLight
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8973 ft
  • >>>
United States

From left to right Pin 1=12+ 2=12-
2018-8-12
Use props
G Kochanowsky
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

ChaseLight Posted at 2018-8-12 12:38

I can confirm this pinout. Just made a cable to power an a6500 dummy battery.
2018-8-19
Use props
Beejer1028
lvl.1
United States

Can anyone tell me what kind of port and plug this is? Trying to make my own cables and having a hard time even figuring out what they're called for the search.
2018-8-31
Use props
G Kochanowsky
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Beejer1028 Posted at 2018-8-31 07:17
Can anyone tell me what kind of port and plug this is? Trying to make my own cables and having a hard time even figuring out what they're called for the search.

I couldn't find an exact match but I found a source that was close enough and could be easily modified to work.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2018-9-1
Use props
Beejer1028
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the reply Kochanowsky. I ordered some DJI cables I'm gonna cut and use the connectors from... now just to figure out the other two pins.
2018-9-10
Use props
fans17ba6495
lvl.1
Norway

Any update on this? I want to power my monitor from the Ronin-S 12V output, but can not find any cable that allows me to do this? Can anyone advise on which cable to use or when such a cable will be available for purchase?
2018-9-23
Use props
fans1b9e3c29
lvl.1

Hello!

No updates?
I have the same problem, I need to feed with 12v output a Blackmagic Pocket (classic) and I would like to get a cable... or DIY the cable...

Another question, could this cable work in Ronin-S as a REC / STOP control on Blackmagic cameras with LANC input?

(The cable is a ronin-mx-rss-control-cable-for-bmcc in the web of DJI)
2018-9-29
Use props
Jesaul
lvl.3
Netherlands

I've ordered step down and am going to do it myself.
DJI was never fast.
2018-10-15
Use props
marcusmiller314
lvl.1
United States

Trin Posted at 7-31 16:52
Would like to know pin-outs too. I am not sure that power cable to Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K will be ever released...

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... cket_camera_dc.html

You can create your own cable to power the BMPCC4k. I was planning on doing this but had to send my BMPCC4k back. If DJI doesn't come out with the proper cables I think this will work well being you can use the power from the Ronin S battery.
2018-11-17
Use props
kirknz
New
Flight distance : 22828 ft
New Zealand

I found a cable/adaptor thing on B&H called "omnicharge DC Barrel to USB Type-C Adapter" (I can't post link here for some reason)

that combined with DJI's new Ronin-S 12v to dc barrel cable - might be a good way to power the BMPCC 4K from the Ronin-S?

2018-11-24
Use props
kirknz
New
Flight distance : 22828 ft
New Zealand

kirknz Posted at 11-24 13:03
I found a cable/adaptor thing on B&H called "omnicharge DC Barrel to USB Type-C Adapter" (I can't post link here for some reason)

that combined with DJI's new Ronin-S 12v to dc barrel cable - might be a good way to power the BMPCC 4K from the Ronin-S?

I've just realised this might not work as the usb-c only trickle chargers the LP-E6 battery rather than charge and/or run the camera at the same time?
2018-11-24
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

i tried to use one of the front 12v outs of the ronin s to power the old dji focus motor with a custom dbus to dtap cable , also tried to power the blackmagic pocket 4k ... both not working. Anybody got some insight ? Got this working ?
2018-11-26
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

Flo the Pirate Posted at 11-26 09:08
i tried to use one of the front 12v outs of the ronin s to power the old dji focus motor with a custom dbus to dtap cable , also tried to power the blackmagic pocket 4k ... both not working. Anybody got some insight ? Got this working ?

i found the solution .... check this thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-173395-1-1.html
2018-11-27
Use props
npslt
New

France

ChaseLight Posted at 2018-8-12 12:38

i tried that but not work ! no one of pins not work !
maybe some wire in arm disconnected?
2020-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules