Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 won't update firmware
10747 11 2018-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pfriel24
lvl.1

I just got phantom 4, but when I go to update it, it won't ever complete. It fails at transmitting I have dji assistant 2 v.1.2.4.
A lot of times it will say the battery needs to be charged at least 50%, but it will be a fully charged battery. Or sometimes it fails for no reason.
Help please?
2018-6-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, apologies for any troubles. Have you tried downloading the assistant 2 on a different computer?
2018-6-30
Use props
pfriel24
lvl.1
United States

would that be the only solution? I intend to travel with this and my laptop, so if this would cause complications, I'd like a back up solution.
2018-6-30
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft

I have the P-4 no bling to.    I have never used the assistant program or whatever it is.   It isn't required to update.
I always just use the Ipad with DJI Go 4 and drone and Rc……….I have never had a prob.
I just got back from way up north for about 8 or 9 months and fired up my drone.   It said to update so I followed instructions on DJI Go 4 app and I'm in the air in minutes.
To tell you the truth.....I'm afraid to use the assistant at all....why bother ?
Ditch the computer and update the original way.  

Worse things happen at sea
2018-6-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

pfriel24 Posted at 2018-6-30 11:16
would that be the only solution? I intend to travel with this and my laptop, so if this would cause complications, I'd like a back up solution.

You can also update the P4 as Odan suggests using DJI Go 4 App. With all connected and powered up (and a Good wifi connection to display device), look at 'About' in 'General Settings' menu. From there you will see a 'check for update' option. Also take note of the RC build (this can't be updated from here).

Once aircraft is updated (V02.00.0700), If the RC is not at V1.9.3 (or at least V1.9.2) then it will need updating to allow it to communicate with aircraft properly.

The RC can be updated using the following:-

With RC and display connected (aircraft off), and display has a good wifi connection to internet. Run DJI Go 4 (V4.2.16 and above) and 'enter device'. Open the 'aircraft status' screen by tapping the screen at top edge where it says 'disconnected'. The top line 'Overall Status' should show if update required (this may take a minute or two to appear). When it does then tap on that and it should take you through the process to update RC.

Edit:- DJI Assistant 2 should run well enough on your laptop as well, fully charged batteries (Display, RC & aircraft) and a good internet connection via wifi is always best. You will likely need Assistant 2, as this is the only means of calibrating the VPS (Visual Positioning System (The front and lower cameras & ultrasonic transducers)).
2018-7-1
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

If everything else fail, try without SD in the aircraft, using another battery (if you have it), using the previous version of Assistant2 that you can find on Mike Singers site just here.

Best luck
2018-7-1
Use props
pfriel24
lvl.1

Update we have lift off! thank you!
2018-7-1
Use props
fsanchez
New

United States

I have the same problem, does not update using the app or pc..When using the app it let me know that need update then I click in the update option and just stay there nothing happen and in the computer it just fail to update. And yes letting more than enough time to finish update, but does not do anything
2018-7-1
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

pfriel24 Posted at 2018-7-1 08:27
Update we have lift off! thank you!

Nice to hear you got it working.
Mind telling what worked for you, we all can learn and get wiser when we know the solutions.

Happy flying.
2018-7-1
Use props
dani_cabrio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 577874 ft

Spain

Phantom 4 firmware missing

After firmware downgrade the drone start biping
Leds on camera ara red green orange
In dji assist 2 say that the drone is curent version 0.0.00.000
Cant update cant hard reset

Please help
2019-10-26
Use props
djiuser_5CSnGfQ1QE9C
New

Panama

dani_cabrio Posted at 2019-10-26 13:59
Phantom 4 firmware missing

After firmware downgrade the drone start biping

I have exactly the same problem. I can't do anything
Cant update, reset, fly or do calibrations.
I need help PLEASE!!
2020-1-23
Use props
djiuser_C9kUl8juBDNU
New

United States

pfriel24 Posted at 2018-6-30 11:16

Hi could you please tell me how you got it to update my phantom 4 will not let me update it
2022-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules