Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Processor Chip Overheat
1056 8 2018-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheTrueBowser
New
Flight distance : 2933 ft

Havent flow in weeks and when I started up this afternoon I received a this message "Processor Chip Overheat. Will shut down on 30 seconds". Waited an hour, tried again and got the same error message. Any ideas?
2018-6-30
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>

I did a quick search and found a few things...

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... amp;fromuid=1682706

https://forum.dji.com/thread-150341-1-1.html

https://forum.dji.com/thread-138465-1-1.html

Looks like they all end in a support case to DJI.  I'd go ahead and open that case now.
2018-6-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry that your DJI Mavic Air is overheating. Do you ever hear the cooling fan on your Mavic Air? Normally, the cooling fan should turn on a few minutes after you have turned the Drone on.
2018-6-30
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey True... I'd suggest opening a ticket through the Support Chat section of the DJI website.  As "3-D" suggests there have been a few reports of the error message here (and a few I found over on MavicPilots.com forum) which received the direction to open a case.  FWIW, I've found that by typing the actual error 'message' in the forum search field you'll get a good idea if you have a reportable problem... Let us know what you discover.
2018-6-30
Use props
Jivan Moulandi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61030 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

Hi there same for me, I turned it on this morning and that messaged popped up, seems the fan ain't working, the support chat told me to open a ticket abd tbat probably I will have to send it back too bad because I am in th middle of a trip in Bali complete waste of space carrying this now brick!
2018-7-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Jivan Moulandi Posted at 2018-7-2 00:30
Hi there same for me, I turned it on this morning and that messaged popped up, seems the fan ain't working, the support chat told me to open a ticket abd tbat probably I will have to send it back too bad because I am in th middle of a trip in Bali complete waste of space carrying this now brick!

You might try two things:
1) Powering it up, let it get warm.  Power off.  Then wait a short time, and power up again.  Over years, have seen fans that would turn if warm, but after being powered off, thus cooled down, fans would not spin up.
2) Blow in fan air intake as you power drone on.  Might get fan spinning for another drone flight.  Have flicked a few fans to get them turning till fan could be replaced.
2018-7-2
Use props
Jivan Moulandi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61030 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-2 00:46
You might try two things:
1) Powering it up, let it get warm.  Power off.  Then wait a short time, and power up again.  Over years, have seen fans that would turn if warm, but after being powered off, thus cooled down, fans would not spin up.
2) Blow in fan air intake as you power drone on.  Might get fan spinning for another drone flight.  Have flicked a few fans to get them turning till fan could be replaced.

hi thanks for the info but no joy at all
2018-7-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Jivan Moulandi Posted at 2018-7-12 05:28
hi thanks for the info but no joy at all

Sorry to hear that.  Hoping it would get it going a few times to during your Bali trip.
2018-7-12
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

This seems to be not isolated issue I suppose that fans supplied in Mavic Air were defective. I also noticed they changed supplier of fans from FCN to DELTA.
2018-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules