Flashing lights
12347 13 2018-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EMTDad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 247933 ft

Hey everyone!  I am attempting to fly my spark now and I'm concerned.  I just started getting a pattern of flashing lights that I never had before. I get 4 to 5 quick green flashes on the rear, followed by one long red flash. This alternates back and fourth. I've looked online and can't find any sort of videos or explanation for this particular pattern of flashes. Does anyone know what this means?
2018-6-30
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Did you watch Kloo Gee's Video Tutorial ?

2018-6-30
Use props
landude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126407 ft

United States

Good question, it doesn't match up to anything in the manual. Any messages displayed on the screen?
status indicator.JPG
2018-6-30
Use props
EMTDad
lvl.3

landude Posted at 2018-6-30 16:14
Good question, it doesn't match up to anything in the manual. Any messages displayed on the screen?
[view_image]

No sir.  The screen gave me the normal message is always give me when I start everything up... "GEO: You are in a warning zone (unpaved airports). Fly with caution".   This is the message I have always gotten no matter where I am in the area.  Aside from that message, the only message I got/get is my home point being set.  It appears that the rear lights go: Green (quick x 5), long red flash (about 3 seconds) and then repeat.  I also noticed that the front LEDs do not light up at all once I take off.  I originally thought maybe I was recording, but I wasn't ... So, Im not sure why the front LEDs aren't lighting.  The Spark also seems to be about 2-3 seconds delayed when I pushed the sticks.  

I swapped phones and I still have the LED issues but the remote is responsive again.  
2018-6-30
Use props
EMTDad
lvl.3

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-30 15:01
Did you watch Kloo Gee's Video Tutorial ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKyGDwUoiQA

Yes sir... this is the first thing I referenced.  
2018-6-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience that it caused, I would suggest downloading our DJI Assistant 2 to your computer then restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your spark then reboot the aircraft after that process, please re-calibrate the IMU and compass of your spark, however, if you'll be getting the same result, kindly provide a short video of the issue including the message that you're getting under the DJI GO 4 app for further investigation. We're waiting for your response. Thank you.
2018-7-1
Use props
EMTDad
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-1 14:05
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience that it caused, I would suggest downloading our DJI Assistant 2 to your computer then restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your spark then reboot the aircraft after that process, please re-calibrate the IMU and compass of your spark, however, if you'll be getting the same result, kindly provide a short video of the issue including the message that you're getting under the DJI GO 4 app for further investigation. We're waiting for your response. Thank you.

Sorry for the EXTREMELY late reply (I've been out of town), my lights quit doing the flashing when I updated to the latest firmware.  Now I am having an issue with the front LEDs.  They don't light at all.  They flashed during the firmware update but don't light now.  I've double checked to make sure I am not in a video recording mode to make sure this isn't the issue.  I am going to try to do a factory reset via the DJI Assistant app and see If this fixes the issue.  
2018-7-23
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

EMTDad Posted at 2018-7-23 18:22
Sorry for the EXTREMELY late reply (I've been out of town), my lights quit doing the flashing when I updated to the latest firmware.  Now I am having an issue with the front LEDs.  They don't light at all.  They flashed during the firmware update but don't light now.  I've double checked to make sure I am not in a video recording mode to make sure this isn't the issue.  I am going to try to do a factory reset via the DJI Assistant app and see If this fixes the issue.

Check the forum for no front LED
It should be on the first 2 pages
2018-7-23
Use props
EMTDad
lvl.3
United States

pmshop Posted at 2018-7-23 18:38
Check the forum for no front LED
It should be on the first 2 pages

Perfect, I found the thread.  I will certainly give it a try when I get home.  Thank you for the heads-up!!
2018-7-23
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

EMTDad Posted at 2018-7-23 18:47
Perfect, I found the thread.  I will certainly give it a try when I get home.  Thank you for the heads-up!!

Any time man!
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

EMTDad Posted at 2018-7-23 18:22

Hi, can you please try to check if you will have an option to turn off and turn on the front LED light in the remote controller setting? specifically under remote customization buttons. Kindly keep us posted in any case you need our assistance.
2018-7-24
Use props
djiuser_tSJibUk5GbRD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67841 ft
Netherlands

I also had that problem with the status lights...they were 6 times green and then 2 times red... the flights were normal... i think this tells you that you are in a warninh zone (geo zonen)
2018-7-31
Use props
EMTDad
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-24 08:32
Hi, can you please try to check if you will have an option to turn off and turn on the front LED light in the remote controller setting? specifically under remote customization buttons. Kindly keep us posted in any case you need our assistance.

Thank you so much for the help!  This worked!
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

EMTDad Posted at 2018-8-7 17:35
Thank you so much for the help!  This worked!

Hi, Thanks for the updates. That's great to know! Please keep us posted in any case you need our assistance. Thank you.
2018-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules