Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
App keeps disconnecting
6775 23 2018-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_qRoypWAvl2W2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 673 ft
United States

When I power up the drone, controller, and then start the app, I never get the "Go Fly" icon the first time. It takes three or four attempts of stopping and restarting the app. Even after I get it flying, it keeps disconnecting. Today, it was disconnecting every few seconds to the point it was completely unusable. Whats more unnerving is that there were times when the drone would not respond to control inputs from the remote control. I initially assumed that the disconnect was between the controller and the app, but it seems the app is messing with the drone as well. When the drone stopped responding, the rear lights were not flashing anything (no green, no amber, nothing). I somehow managed to land it, and didn't want to try again. This is worrying because a disconnect between the controller and the drone is more serious than with just the app disconnecting. I am running the latest version of the app as well as the firmware.

2018-6-30
Use props
INTERAVE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21079 ft
United States

I am having the same problem I dont know if it's the software or the phone I am using. I have attached my phone directly to the controller but the issue still happens. I am looking at buying an Apple tablet and dedicate it to using it just for my Spark and see if that improves the issue. I dont know if youre getting the same issue but my DJI Go 4 app also keeps notifying me that I am restricted to flying only 30 meters for some reason. I have my the app set for normal flying and it is not set for Beginner Mode but for some reason it continues to give me this warning. Right now, I have no trust for my drone. I almost lost it last Sunday and so now I cant really feel confident about flying it too far away or too high. If anyone has these same issues please post.
2018-7-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Can you provide me the firmware version you currently have? May I also know what model of the mobile device are you using? Did you try to refresh the firmware using DJI assistant 2?
2018-7-1
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

INTERAVE Posted at 2018-7-1 04:16
I am having the same problem I dont know if it's the software or the phone I am using. I have attached my phone directly to the controller but the issue still happens. I am looking at buying an Apple tablet and dedicate it to using it just for my Spark and see if that improves the issue. I dont know if youre getting the same issue but my DJI Go 4 app also keeps notifying me that I am restricted to flying only 30 meters for some reason. I have my the app set for normal flying and it is not set for Beginner Mode but for some reason it continues to give me this warning. Right now, I have no trust for my drone. I almost lost it last Sunday and so now I cant really feel confident about flying it too far away or too high. If anyone has these same issues please post.

I have bought an IPhone 7+, you should be fine with Apple.
2018-7-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, please ensure that you're using compatible devices on your spark to prevent issue with the application and as of the moment, we are supporting a Wi-FI connection when you're trying to connect your phone to your RC. I would suggest as well to avoid flying your drone in a hazardous environment that might interfere with the connection between your aircraft and a remote controller for you to maximize the usage of your spark as well. Please see the image below for compatible devices as well and we will keep improving our apps to add more compatible devices.

2018-7-1
Use props
Dan O
lvl.2
Flight distance : 650768 ft
Romania

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-1 15:15
Hi, please ensure that you're using compatible devices on your spark to prevent issue with the application and as of the moment, we are supporting a Wi-FI connection when you're trying to connect your phone to your RC. I would suggest as well to avoid flying your drone in a hazardous environment that might interfere with the connection between your aircraft and a remote controller for you to maximize the usage of your spark as well. Please see the image below for compatible devices as well and we will keep improving our apps to add more compatible devices.

[view_image]

What had recently changed? I was flying with Samsung A5 2017 since I own the spark. I used the same phone for my P3P, always worked great. Since the last apk version I have the same issue as described above, funny though is that with Samsung A3, less performance phone I have no issue at all.
2018-7-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Dan O Posted at 2018-7-1 22:18
What had recently changed? I was flying with Samsung A5 2017 since I own the spark. I used the same phone for my P3P, always worked great. Since the last apk version I have the same issue as described above, funny though is that with Samsung A3, less performance phone I have no issue at all.

Hi, I understand your scenario, however, those phones that are included on the list are tested and proven that it's compatible with our DJI GO 4 app by our engineers and there's a lot of good mobile devices as well aside from those compatibilities devices and as of the moment we haven't discovered or tested those other devices, however, no worries I will inform our engineers regarding your concern about this specific mobile device to see if they can add it up to our compatible devices. Thank you.
2018-7-2
Use props
fans3cf69fe7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43419 ft

Hey All ,

Same issue here since updating to latest go 4 app. iOS running latest os on iPhone X no issue prior to the update.. continuous disconnects and drone wanting RTH
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the trouble that it caused, I would like to ask if you're using a Wi-Fi connection to our remote controller? Did you manage to un-install and re-install the application? Please ensure that the files are saved before deleting the app. Please provide your firmware and DJI GO 4 app version as well as the specific iOS that you're running on your iPhone X. Thank you.
2018-7-2
Use props
BrilhasMuito
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

Android or IOS? What phone do you have? Do you use an OTG cable?
In this link you find the most reccomended devices for DJI GO:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/Tips/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go.18
Try these troubleshooting steps:
1) Clean your phone up. Free as much space as you can. You need space to run this app with ease.
2) Turn the Bluetooth off.
3) Turn the Wifi off (only if using OTG).
If the problem persists save your flight records then uninstall and install the DJI GO app.   

2018-7-2
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-2 16:21
Hi, sorry for the trouble that it caused, I would like to ask if you're using a Wi-Fi connection to our remote controller? Did you manage to un-install and re-install the application? Please ensure that the files are saved before deleting the app. Please provide your firmware and DJI GO 4 app version as well as the specific iOS that you're running on your iPhone X. Thank you.

Hi,
If you could send across a check list form as attachment here to fill out all data required to evaluate a case, we could avoid a lot of data exchange here.
This is only a suggestion.
2018-7-2
Use props
cobbdem
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126532 ft

I experienced this issue today as well. I have the RC connected to my Samsung S7 Edge and I'm running the latest firmware for the DJI Go app. At times, the Spark wouldn't respond to all of my controller input. Example: I push forward; it jerks as if it got the command, but, stops. However, all other joystick inputs worked fine (back, left, right). I will look into the software for both my phone and the DJI app, as this was my first flight since returning from military training at Fort Irwin, CA.
2018-7-2
Use props
djiuser_qRoypWAvl2W2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 673 ft
United States

cobbdem@gmail.c Posted at 2018-7-2 18:39
I experienced this issue today as well. I have the RC connected to my Samsung S7 Edge and I'm running the latest firmware for the DJI Go app. At times, the Spark wouldn't respond to all of my controller input. Example: I push forward; it jerks as if it got the command, but, stops. However, all other joystick inputs worked fine (back, left, right). I will look into the software for both my phone and the DJI app, as this was my first flight since returning from military training at Fort Irwin, CA.

FWIW, I put the phone on Airplane mode, enabled just the wifi to connect to the controller, and it performed significantly better. Not perfect, but much more usable.
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

cobbdem@gmail.c Posted at 2018-7-2 18:39

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, did you encounter any error message during the incident?  Did you manage to calibrate and IMU and compass before flying your drone? I would suggest flying your aircraft in an open area and kindly avoid flying your drone in a hazardous environment.
2018-7-3
Use props
rYu (sparkol)
lvl.2
Flight distance : 568950 ft
Philippines

hello guys,

to be honest since i updated to 4.2.20 my flying experience is a mess, i was with green display and not sometimes but always experience lost of connection. now I am using 4.2.12 version and all I can say was better and i can use with OTG by sony Z3...
2018-7-4
Use props
fans3cf69fe7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43419 ft

I logged a ticket with DJI support today ,  can you all please do the same they have destroyed the flying experience...
2018-7-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

rYu (sparkol) Posted at 2018-7-4 08:11
hello guys,

to be honest since i updated to 4.2.20 my flying experience is a mess, i was with green display and not sometimes but always experience lost of connection. now I am using 4.2.12 version and all I can say was better and i can use with OTG by sony Z3...

Hi, sorry to know that you're having an issue with your spark, have you done changing your mobile device to isolate the issue?
2018-7-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I find reinstalling the app and ensuring the phone is on the latest FW stops app crashes.
2018-7-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

A CW Posted at 2018-7-5 00:42
I find reinstalling the app and ensuring the phone is on the latest FW stops app crashes.

That's great to know, kindly keep us updated in any case you need our assistance.
2018-7-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-5 09:51
That's great to know, kindly keep us updated in any case you need our assistance.

Will do Tony but all OK for now
2018-7-5
Use props
INTERAVE
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-1 04:47
Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Can you provide me the firmware version you currently have? May I also know what model of the mobile device are you using? Did you try to refresh the firmware using DJI assistant 2?

Firmware V01.00.0900

Alcatel Idol 4

Yes, I did refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

INTERAVE Posted at 2018-7-8 10:56
Firmware V01.00.0900

Alcatel Idol 4

Hello there. Thank you for the response. We highly suggest using compatible mobile devices. Here is the list: https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads
2018-7-9
Use props
INTERAVE
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-9 01:07
Hello there. Thank you for the response. We highly suggest using compatible mobile devices. Here is the list: https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads
[view_image]

Yes, I have seen this list before but that doesnt help me right now. My controller keeps disconnecting from my Spark at certain intervals during flight which makes me very nervous when I fly.
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

INTERAVE Posted at 2018-7-10 03:09
Yes, I have seen this list before but that doesnt help me right now. My controller keeps disconnecting from my Spark at certain intervals during flight which makes me very nervous when I fly.

I see. If that's the case and all firmware are updated, we highly recommend to send it to our repair center to have it check. You can start up a case online: https://repair.dji.com.
2018-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules