RAW DNG and Rawtherapee
3042 2 2014-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
walter.koch
New

Germany

Hi everyone.

The DNG files produced by the Vision + camera can easily processed with Lightroom. I usually use Rawtherapee (4.2) instead which, however, has problems processing the files. The colors of the resulting images are distorted (too much red). I tried with other raw converters also, which all are based on the open source software "dcraw". Dcraw processing results in color distorted images when applying the embedded sensor matrix / correction profile. Disabling the embedded matrix (and also the camera whitebalance -> manual white balance) is needed in dcraw (and ufraw) to get correct colors. Disabling the embedded profile in Rawtherapee results in better images, but still there is some problem with color, that cannot be corrected usingm white balance.

Could you verify this issue, please. Does it need adjustment in the camera software / DNG file?

Best regards,

Walter

2014-11-2
Use props
DiscoDave
lvl.1

Canada

I use ACDsee Pro as my image editor, and I have the same problem with the RAW images being way more 'red' than the accompanying jpg, which looks great. I've tried all sorts of colour manipulation to fix the issue, and I can't get it to look right. I'm now on the edge of purchasing Lightroom just because of this issue. It's too bad because I've been using ACDsee pro for years now and really like it. It's great for organizing, batch processing and renaming etc.

dave
2014-11-11
Use props
esfenodon
New

Spain

Same problem here, using RawTherapee 4.0.11.8. A custom profile for Phantom 2 would be great.  
2015-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules