Artifacting Problem
1349 5 2018-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ryan Fitzy
lvl.1
Australia

The Issue!

I  have owned a Mavic Pro for a while now and only really used it for photography, i recently started using it for video and noticed that it has a horrible artifacting problem when filming water, trees etc. i have the shutter speed set to double the frame rate and i am filming in 4K 25 fps with ND filters from Polar Pro. If anyone knows how to fix this problem please let me know, Thanks.

Ryan Fitzy.

2018-6-30
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Spain

If you see them when tilting or panning, it's probable 3D noise reduction. Ufortunately dji does not allow us to disable it on the Mavic Pro. If you tilt and pan slowly you'll probably not notice the issue. At least I haven't seen it for a while. My pictur profile is sharpness+1, contrast-3, saturation -1. That might or might not have something to do, as sharpness +1 appears todisa le some noise reduction
2018-6-30
Use props
Ryan Fitzy
lvl.1
Australia

0Kajuna0 Posted at 2018-6-30 22:26
If you see them when tilting or panning, it's probable 3D noise reduction. Ufortunately dji does not allow us to disable it on the Mavic Pro. If you tilt and pan slowly you'll probably not notice the issue. At least I haven't seen it for a while. My pictur profile is sharpness+1, contrast-3, saturation -1. That might or might not have something to do, as sharpness +1 appears todisa le some noise reduction

First off thank you for the reply, when i was testing out different settings i was just flying straight for the most part and i still get the artifacting in the water and trees, this problem is so bad that my footage is unusable could this be a problem with my drones camera? because i have seen very few Mavic pro's with artifacting this bad.
2018-7-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Try 2.7K with the same settings 0Kajuna0 opted.
D-Cinelike is what I use.
2018-7-1
Use props
Steeevo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264882 ft
United Kingdom

I have this problem. Have tried loads of settings. I think its just the camera on the mavic pro is not perfect. Look at this video i did at the beginning part of the sand on the beach.https://youtu.be/rXe2kf6dsbk
2018-7-1
Use props
drone_bandit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 362028 ft
Czechia

issue not present on FHD or 2.7K resolution, just on 4K, on dark areas of the picture
DJI added 3d noise filter off button on phantom 4 pro, but nothing like that on mavic pro ...

2019-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules