Phantom 3 Pro Choppy video feed/loss of image transmission
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
burntheobedient
lvl.1
United States

Hi,
I have a P3P.

Hardware: P3P, Stock Controller, Ipad Air2.  All firmware is up to date and calibrated as of this message.

Regardless of distance from remote or location of flight, there are times when the video feed freezes, goes live, freezes, goes live, and freezes.  The drone could be 3' or 300' or 3000', still the same issues.  

I also struggle with loss of image transmission signal.  Doesnt happen all the time, but enough that its a definite annoyance.  And again, doesnt matter the distance.  

I will accept any advice or ideas.  Just looking to get these problems fixed before I start selling my photos.  Thanks.  

2018-7-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue. Can you please post some footages for us to view. Are you looking at the video that is stored on your device or the video stored on your sd card?
2018-7-1
Use props
burntheobedient
lvl.1
United States

Neither.  I am speaking specifically of the live feed from the drone to the remote to my iPad, and I dont know how to record the live feed... It doesn't show up in any of the saved footage on either my iPad or SD Card.  This is more of a safety thing, because when the video starts to act up, if I cannot see the drone, I don't know what its doing.  When it happens I release the controls and let it hover until the feed is restored.  Yesterday I was forced to start the RTH function just to get it back to me.  
2018-7-1
Use props
burntheobedient
lvl.1
United States

So, as a test, I installed the Lichti App from the AppStore.  I flew the bird 1,927 feet away from home position at an altitude of 275 feet.  No chops, pixilation, or image transmission loss.  
Tried the same with the DJI go app, and didn't get 250 feet away @ 100 feet in elevation before I was seeing the bad video.

Is there something I need to do with the DJI app to make it work better or should I just dump it and use Lichti?
2018-7-1
Use props
burntheobedient
lvl.1
United States

Can someone other than DJI Stephen, who has a remarkably poor record of ever following up with customer issues, please respond to this thread?  Thanks.
2018-7-8
Use props
djiuser_dcE0PWuRyr6K
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138999 ft

France

Hello,

I have also some issue's on this matter.
Because my first drone crashed one week ago, I bought myself a second hand Phantom 3 Pro, but now (during my vacation in France) I have poor image on my tablet connected to the cotroller. The pictures on the SD card are good, but when I am flying, I do not have a clear picture on my tablet. I looks like the is some interference or likewise.......
I tried to use my 'old' controller, but it gives the same problems :-(
Who can help me out, because I still have some plans of flying / taking pictures and movies of nice places.......?

Wil van Woerkom, The Netherlands
2018-7-8
Use props
djiuser_dcE0PWuRyr6K
lvl.1

France

Hello,

I have found a solution!
In 'MC Settings' you choose HD (Image Transmission Settings).
Instead of 'Auto' you choose 'Custom' and you select a channel, which gives most 'Stable Quality' transmission.
In my case I changed from channel 13 to 15 and I had a stable and clear picture again! :-)

2018-7-9
Use props
djiuser_dcE0PWuRyr6K
lvl.1

France

Hello again,

I'm afraid that I was a bit to early to draw my conclusions.
The day after (yesterday) I found out, that the controller does not keep the 'Custom' settings, it automatically gets back to 'Auto' and channel 13!
I had a bit better results after changing the Samsong Tab for my (Huawei P20 lite) phone.
But it's a pitty, because I really favor using the tablet.

Can anybody tell me, how I can make the settings in 'Custom' and keep them there?

Hopefull waiting for an answer!

2018-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules