lvl.4
Flight distance : 123763 ft
United States

Right  side
2018-7-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. Upon checking the Phantom 4 Pro. The only side that has a cover is the right side of the gimbal. The left side of the gimbal has no cover because the side of the gimbal serves as the ventilation of the gimbal.
2018-7-1
Use props
Tearuup
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-1 08:31
Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. Upon checking the Phantom 4 Pro. The only side that has a cover is the right side of the gimbal. The left side of the gimbal has no cover because the side of the gimbal serves as the ventilation of the gimbal.

Thanks DJI Stephen.  I had never noticed before and thought I had lost a cover.  Looked at some images on line and found that it is like you said.   Relieved.
2018-7-1
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

Good info ...thanks
2018-7-1
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Tearuup Posted at 2018-7-1 09:45
Thanks DJI Stephen.  I had never noticed before and thought I had lost a cover.  Looked at some images on line and found that it is like you said.   Relieved.

What Stephen said makes no sense. Why would you need ventilation during transport?
Maybe he thinks you are flying with it :-)

The clamp only secures the gimbal. That other part which is not covered at the left is part of the camera and not the gimbal.
This way the camera can still slightly be adjusted while pushing the clamp over it.
Makes sense to me.

2018-7-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is a cover on both sides of the gimbal, one is metalic/chrome looking the other is the same colour as the gimbal/camera

Or do you mean that tiny gap? would make sense for ventilation from the camera itself, i think, cant be for the motor of the gimbal cause thats on the other side if i rem correctly

or are you referring to the gimbal clamp?
2018-7-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Bashy Posted at 2018-7-6 20:00
There is a cover on both sides of the gimbal, one is metalic/chrome looking the other is the same colour as the gimbal/camera

Or do you mean that tiny gap? would make sense for ventilation from the camera itself, i think, cant be for the motor of the gimbal cause thats on the other side if i rem correctly

Yes, that side has been left exposed for ventilation and releasing heat.

RedHotPoker
2018-7-6
Use props
Tearuup
lvl.4
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2018-7-6 10:46
What Stephen said makes no sense. Why would you need ventilation during transport?
Maybe he thinks you are flying with it :-)

I was speaking of the gap on the left side not the gimbal cover. Just happened to have it on when I took the pics.
2018-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules