12Next >
25503 53 2015-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scott
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2193724 ft
United Kingdom

Can anyone help...after that latest update, one of my batteries is completely dead! It will not charge and no lights are displayed?? Can anyone help? Thanks Scott
2015-5-18
Use props
jaharrell
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15417 ft
United States

Is the battery completely dead? Has the battery firmware been updated? You might try reinstalling it into your I1 and checking it's status with your pilot App.
2015-5-18
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

There are growing numbers of reports of this happening and DJI saying to return the batteries for repair (with the usual 5-6 week turnaround).

There are threads on this board of people reporting that if you use a small screwdriver to release the four plastic catches and gently slide off the cover, then remove the small connector from the circuit board and leave it disconnected for an hour, the board will reset.  According to these reports you should then deep-discharge and then fully recharge the battery.  I have not needed to do this and it's up to you if you want to make that attempt.  Keep in mind that if you accidentally cause a short, even momentarily, you will destroy the battery and may cause a severe fire (lipo batteries are VERY easily damaged and volatile).

It is less risky to return the battery for service given the reports of battery failure triggering crashes.  If your "reset" battery causes a crash you may be in for a real problem with warranty claims.
2015-5-18
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372287 ft
Greece

welcome to the club. same here. i sent it to Germany. in 2 months i will let you know.
2015-5-18
Use props
pops52
lvl.2

United States

Another item that might be less than pleasant:

I took delivery of my Inspire on Feb 4. Did not fly it until yesterday. One of the two TB47's has only been used for stick time on the simulator. Now it is un-responsive. Called and waited in the DJI cue of 11 eventually down to the first in line only to presented with a hang up. Called again waited through 11 more in the cue to get a real person. That is when he informed me that my battery that has never been flown and only used for the simulator is out of warranty.

90 days guys is all the warranty time we get for our $150-$200 batteries.  
2015-5-18
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

pops52 Posted at 2015-5-19 03:09
90 days guys is all the warranty time we get for our $150-$200 batteries.

I've been pretty patient with and supportive of DJI until now, but if a massive problem is determined to exist with these batteries and they take THAT position, even I would be recommending a class action lawsuit.  You don't charge $200 for a battery, experience a mass defect that is the manufacturer's fault, then hide behind a 90 day warranty.

Not to mention that people will be FLYING out the door (pun intended) to take their business to competitors.

I really hope DJI posts a public announcement about how it intends to handle this (and that said announcement says NOTHING about a 90-day warranty).
2015-5-18
Use props
Shadrack
lvl.2

Canada

Who are the competitors though for the Inspire?  What other craft has the camera,. the dual operator, and the tech?  I have one with the included TB47 and 2 x TB48's.  I  have the latest version of firmware and have cycled all my batteries since the update.
No problems at all.
Now I would like to know how to livestream with an android tablet......
2015-5-18
Use props
pops52
lvl.2

United States

I guess it might be partly my fault for buying in February living in Cleveland, OH. But as a newbe, I wasn't even considering flying with the previous FW,  I shelved it until I felt I had a chance to be successful in flying this thing.

90 days sucks for what these batteries cost and I'm pithed! (sarcasm intended)
2015-5-18
Use props
Mistician
lvl.2

United States

Hey Scott, I set up a thread to share that DJI has instituted a production hold on the batteries for the time being.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-15425-1-1.html

It's nice to know that DJI has taken action to solve these growing problems but until they actually release another update or fix, we're all in the same boat waiting for assistance.

PeteGould's advice is spot on. There may be a possible fix but it can be very risky without proper safety measures or technical knowledge.
2015-5-18
Use props
richard
lvl.3
Flight distance : 990781 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issue and I was able to fix it:  http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=15401
2015-5-18
Use props
kinsonlai
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69662 ft
Hong Kong

I had a TB 47 that died and wouldn't charge.  LED 4 lights up and blinks twice (yes I know that means temperature is too low), but the battery has been in 30C room temperature all day.  Had to send it back, awaiting repairs.  Lemme see when I will get mine back >.>
2015-5-18
Use props
scott
lvl.1
United Kingdom

jaharrell@aol.c Posted at 2015-5-18 22:18
Is the battery completely dead? Has the battery firmware been updated? You might try reinstalling it ...

its completely dead mate
2015-5-18
Use props
pops52
lvl.2

United States

Just need to mention that I don't think the newest FW is the only phenomenon that is making batteries unresponsive. My unresponsive TB47 has not been in the Inspire since the new FW. Thus, I contend any of our  batteries are subject to going unresponsive. Mine was left with a 50% charge. The next time I checked it, it was kaput.
2015-5-19
Use props
iotero
lvl.2

Spain

Same problem here...one of my TB48 batteries has "died". It won't turn on or it won't charge either...I guess I will have to send it back to DJI for repair under guarantee...in any case, this is the third battery I'm having issues with...quality from DJI leaves a lot to be desired...
2015-5-19
Use props
Theo ter Haar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20730951 ft
Netherlands

Please put the dead battery back into the plane, push the start button immediately there after push the start button again for 3 sec. and life should be back!
I had it twice already, no issues afterwards. A complete miracle I admit, but try it anyway!
2015-5-19
Use props
scott
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ok so I opened the battery, I disconnected the wire and left it over night, this morning I connected back up and the lights came on!!! thought this is sorted and connected to the charger and still nothing! completely dead again! Please dji sort this out at now I have a dead £150 battery and cant do anything with!!! [img]https://forum33.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5BIMG%5D[/IMG][/img]
2015-5-20
Use props
chris
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1213051 ft
United Kingdom

Scott, have you tried turning on the battery when it's on the charger?  That's how I got mine back to life.  Basically when the battery is off, if I plug it into the charger it lights up for a second then off and nothing.  If I do the same push stop push-hold (like turning on the Inspire), the battery turns on and then starts charging and eventually completes fine.  Hope this helps.

Chris
2015-5-21
Use props
scott
lvl.1
United Kingdom

chris@bigchris. Posted at 2015-5-22 07:55
Scott, have you tried turning on the battery when it's on the charger?  That's how I got mine back t ...

thanks mate, I will give it a go!
2015-5-22
Use props
scott
lvl.1
United Kingdom

chris@bigchris. Posted at 2015-5-22 07:55
Scott, have you tried turning on the battery when it's on the charger?  That's how I got mine back t ...

Chris you are an absolute legend! Done what you have said and it's working! I will wait until charged and give it a go!!
Thanks for your help mate!
2015-5-22
Use props
chris
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1213051 ft
United Kingdom

Excellent!  Glad it worked out for you.
2015-5-22
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Looks like i joined the battery club too.
  1) Battery TB48 was updated with the latest firmware. (V01.02.01.03)
  2) Fully charged battery to 100%
  3) Discharged to 0% by leaving it in craft until it not longer could be turned on. (see manual)
  4) Removed from craft and left it in that condition over night. (maybe this was the mistake)
  5) Next day... completely dead (no leds flashing)
  6) Craft is booting up as soon i insert the battery without pushing the on/off battery button (but no leds)
  7)  App (IOS) shows 0% on all cells (so the battery is not really down to 0%)
  8) The hack disconnecting the internal wire did NOT work.
  9) Mouth to mouth resuscitation did not work eather.

So IMO after a full discharge (0%) directly charge again to 50% (for storage)  or 100% to fly.

New findings after more tests on this battery
  1) Opened the battery top and disconnected the internal wire for the second time.
  2) Connected the power supply for about 5 seconds and disconnected. (give it a shock)
  3) Reconnected the internal wire again.
  4) BINGO, battery is alive again !!!

Battery is on a charge cycle now. I keep members posted on the results after flight testing.

Results : Flight test went smooth. No more problems.

2015-5-22
Use props
pops52
lvl.2

United States

Good to know that procedure Dundee. Thanks for the heads up.
2015-5-23
Use props
paulkent
lvl.2

United States

dundee Posted at 2015-5-23 13:06
  1) Battery TB48 was updated with the latest firmware. (V ...

me too.  2 of my 3 TB47 :-(  last week one would not charge so i tried all these tricks i found in this thread.
no luck.  on a whim i measured the pins on my charger - 0volts?  really??  so i ordered a new charger and when it arrived, it did indeed charge the first wonky battery.

then i flew them all down normally this weekend.  previosly wonky one, and one other recharge, but the 3rd will not.  i measure the pins on both chargers - and they are both 0volts?   is there something in the smart battery that tells the smart charger to start sending volts??

anyways, i have disconnected the internal loom, and am waiting the 60 mins before connecting it again. perhaps that fixes me up, or perhaps i have bricked two chargers in 2 weeks (what could cause that?)

Has anyone else measured acros the two pins in the charger while its plugged in (but not under load)
I guess i can try and measure the RC charger plug while the battery-charge plug is attached to a battery

Paul
2015-6-7
Use props
Antares
New

Albania

I purchased the same battery from eBay, and the same problem. Battery dead, no lights and not charging. However, for those folks with a determined spirit and not afraid to get their hands dirty, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I did solve the problem with this battery, and I will show how I did it.

First, my reasoning why this  happens. I think these batteries are pre-charged from the factory at 20% to 30% of their capacity before shipped. The problem is, that after a long time sitting around before they sell, this charge drops to very low levels because the control circuitry draws a very small amount of current, even if the battery is turned off. This current trickle, will drop the voltage of battery below 2.5V ( Mine was at 1.8V). I think the control circuitry needs more then 3V to function properly, and when there is not enough Voltage from the battery, this circuit sits there dead and is not doing what it should. In order to raise the battery to a proper working Voltage, you need to manually charge using the supplied charger.

So here is how I did it.

Opened the battery. Soldered two aligator clips at  both ends of a short thick wire. Then I diconnected the white multicable connection in the middle, wich connects the control circuitry with the battery (this step is very important, if you dont want the circuitry fried) .  After I bypassed the circuitry, by connecting together the black wire from the battery with the black wire from the charger, using the wire with the aligator clips. Then, plugged the charger to battery and waited until the voltage across the battery was at 24 Volts. After,  I unplugged the charger, diconnected the aligator clips,  connected the middle cables and plugged in the charger. VOILA, there was light and charging!

This worked for me. I will try the battery and see how is going to behave, after three power cycles.
2015-6-17
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

My TB 48 randomly would not charge or power up as well (only had about 8-10 cycles on it) sent it out to DJI, got a new one in about 6 weeks.. open it up and try to power it up, nothing.. hook it up to the charger over night, NOTHING! the sent me a "new" dead battery. So now I have to send that one back. my guess is this one has been in the box for too long and is still sleeping. I know I could probably do the reset, but.. I don't want to void warranty on these expensive batt and risk something happening. I have seen first hand one of these discharge out the side after it got wet, not fun.
2015-6-17
Use props
robin
New

United Kingdom

I'm also on my second brand new dead TB48. Had one sent to me that was deformed, sent it straight back to the shop i bought it from, they sent me a new one. took it out the box to charge it and I get the 4th led blinking at me telling me it's too cold or too hot. great.

Luckily m in the uk so I can send it back to the shop and get a replacement. I'm downgrading to a 47, they seem to have less issues.
2015-8-6
Use props
doofyy
New
Brazil

robin@robinholl Posted at 2015-8-7 06:02
I'm also on my second brand new dead TB48. Had one sent to me that was deformed, sent it straight ba ...

same problem!!!
2015-9-14
Use props
doofyy
New
Brazil

robin@robinholl Posted at 2015-8-7 06:02
I'm also on my second brand new dead TB48. Had one sent to me that was deformed, sent it straight ba ...

same problem!!!
2015-9-14
Use props
whuszti.comcast
New

United States

I have 3 batteries, which include both TB47 & TB48. All 3 appear dead ( no bars/lights). All 3 were on the charging hub till needed. None had the new firmware applied. My 4th battery has been an on going issue. My new Inspire1 ( flown only few times ) was "sent in for repairs" ( took 3 months)  after a firmware update. When it came back the battery was faulty per DJI Go app. DJI support has been poor. Waiting for 2 months and no solution. We pay absorbent prices for what we consider high end technology. What is the worth of one serious consumer after we commit to a drone company. Slippery slope includes accessories, additional batteries, repairs... From any other company this type of retail spending is met with "thank you's", smiles and polite appreciation. DJI stand behind your products!
2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry you are having battery issues, There was a charging hub update back in September that fixed the overcharging issue. http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/info#downloads
When doing a battery calibration, do each battery on the stock charger instead of all of them on the hub. If your battery has been damaged, it will be swapped out. Turn around is 2-3 weeks.
2015-12-23
Use props
mmassar64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176335 ft
United States

Two to three weeks is not from CA. I also had 2 dead on arrival TB48 from the DJI online Store. They said send them back and it would be a 2 week turn a around well its 4 weeks got one back and the other is still MIA. they sent me a tracking number and tracked it it was sent out  but it was sent to themselves not me. So I called and ask whats going on and they said they had no idea and may be another 2-3 week to get my battery back. Needless to say I am losing faith in DJI service. $400.00 in batteries and  still have nothing and they know nothing.. They said they would email with an update that has not happened either.
2015-12-23
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-18 12:04
I've been pretty patient with and supportive of DJI until now, but if a massive problem is determin ...

Pete

The 90 day warranty on the batteries is the cooperate policy. This is what they told me on my battery issue and that is the final word on that.

Rich
2015-12-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dundee Posted at 2015-5-22 21:06
  1) Battery TB48 was updated with the latest firmware. (V ...

Frankenstein battery  

Rich
2015-12-26
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-12-27 01:08
Pete

The 90 day warranty on the batteries is the cooperate policy. This is want they told me on m ...

And if they screw over a person here and there they'll probably get away with it, but at $200/each, if a lot of batteries go bad and they stick to that policy, their customer base will start wanting to bail to a competitor AND they will likely end up on the wrong end of a class action.
2015-12-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-12-27 23:32
And if they screw over a person here and there they'll probably get away with it, but at $200/each ...

I was disappointed and you are right, people will go elsewhere if they are treated badly.

Hopefully this is the only bad battery lesson I have to endure

Rich
2015-12-28
Use props
ukea
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Take the top off the battery
unscrew the circuit board from the white top cover
unplug the circuit board from the battery at he circuit board end
place some electrical tape over and below ( to protect the board) the black negative wire that is soldered to the circuit board and cut two holes to expose the solder
bridge the solder with some wire and cover with electrical tape to hold in place
plug in the battery charger and turn on for around 30/40 seconds
turn off the charger and disconnect
reconnect the circuit board and press the button to see if you have green lights If you have 4 lights(indicating a FULL battery) disconnect the circuit board
reconnect the circuit board and plug in the charger
you should now have a sequence of green lights indicating the battery is charging
2016-2-22
Use props
ukea
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Shadrack Posted at 2015-5-18 22:14
Who are the competitors though for the Inspire?  What other craft has the camera,. the dual operator ...

There are programs out there,, we have set up a live stream from an nvidea tablet to a pc in the office so they can direct the pilot camera man...
2016-2-22
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

The problem with lipo's is when there dead there's no bringing them back, RIP TB48.
2016-2-22
Use props
vincent.chaikat
New

Zambia

ukea@hotmail.co Posted at 2016-2-22 20:23
Take the top off the battery
unscrew the circuit board from the white top cover
unplug the circuit b ...

Ukea..this looks like the holy grail for my problem...will try this out in a few hours..So please exactly how do you bridge the solder? Where exactly do u make the two holes...top and bottom of insulation? Expose the same solder at two points and comnect a wire at those points?....i really need some answers
2016-3-16
Use props
vincent.chaikat
New

Zambia

vincent.chaikat Posted at 2016-3-16 18:48
Ukea..this looks like the holy grail for my problem...will try this out in a few hours..So please  ...

After opening the board i now understand what you mean.... will get back to you
2016-3-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules