A2 / DX8 Failsafe on loss of signal problem
3301 10 2014-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rcktsctst
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi

I am configuring my A2 with my Spectrum DX8 transmitter.  I have adjusted the travel for the AUX1 channel so that the control mode changes correctly however if I switch the transmitter off, the A2 does not trip into Failsafe mode.  Unfortunately the instructions are not helpful.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do to make it work please?
2014-11-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does the LED show loss of signal?  If so you are in failsafe.  You should also see this in the Assistant software.  
2014-11-2
Use props
rcktsctst
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-3 03:22
Does the LED show loss of signal?  If so you are in failsafe.  You should also see this in the Assis ...

I get a blue flashing LED but in both the Windows and mobile app,  although the transmitter shows as disconnected the status does not flip over to Failsafe.

The transmitter and A2 receiver/satellites appear to be binding correctly (DSM2 / 22ms) and everything else seems to do as expected although not tested in the field.  
2014-11-3
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have tested numerous times in the field using both the RTH switch and turning off the Tx.  It does work.  I would recommend that you use the switch first.  I hate turning off a good Tx.  You understand that you can switch between GPS and ATTI to regain control of the craft at ant time.
2014-11-3
Use props
rcktsctst
lvl.1

United Kingdom

On the RTH switch it shows the change happening (having RTH switch is all well and good until I need that channel for something else but it is no good in a loss of signal situation).  

It is just in the control mode screen of the assistant software not showing the change.  This makes me very nervous as I'd like to be sure that the Failsafe functionality works on loss of signal - I don't feel comfortable with it at the moment.
2014-11-3
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is correct when using your radio. As long as the assistant shows RC single loss and LED shows RTH pattern, you will be fine.
2014-11-3
Use props
rcktsctst
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks.  I will test it out for real although I would still prefer to see it working as it is meant to first.  

Unless others with my set-up can configure their machines according to the instructions and see it working, it would appear that there may be an Assistant software "feature".   
2014-11-3
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

If you set failsafe via the TX on futaba it will move slider. I don't believe this is possible on spektrum
2014-11-4
Use props
rcktsctst
lvl.1

United Kingdom

You would normally set the failsafe from the TX on binding with the Spectrum RX.  As I'm using the DJI RX it doesn't appear to be an option.  
2014-11-5
Use props
stan
lvl.1

United Kingdom

rcktsctst Posted at 2014-11-6 04:51
You would normally set the failsafe from the TX on binding with the Spectrum RX.  As I'm using the D ...

Not all Spektrum Rx,s will fail safe, I fly electric fixed wing, Just moving to Quadcopters,
Some of the lower channel Rx,s when the signal is lost just shut the motor down.
2014-11-19
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

But He is using the built in a2 rx with satellites. So he does not have to worry about that. You are correct though, the lower end spectrum rx's do not support a user programmable fail safe.
2014-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules