2105 20 2018-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chamchoumino
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21355 ft
Tunisia

Hello everybody,

I’m having an issue with my spark and I was wondering if anyone had similar issues.

When I pull the trigger to take off sometimes it rise then it go down again, like if the spark loose power.

I noticed an irregular sound when the propellers starts,
Here is a video , we can even notice the strange take off :

https://youtu.be/jd0zwX7DIrI

Once the spark is in the air it fly very well , it’s like the motor have to run a little before flying.

Any clue?
2018-7-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi, I am sorry that you are having issues with you DJI Spark. May I know when did this issue start to happened and if the Drone crashed before?
2018-7-1
Use props
landude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126407 ft

United States

Have you tried different props?
2018-7-1
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

Remove all the props and check the motors for free movement. If you find anything different better to check them out. Also check the props as well.
2018-7-1
Use props
djiuser_0kYGR99s7ab2
New
Flight distance : 16385 ft

United States

Having the same problem. Loads of videos on YouTube showing the same issue. No solutions yet. Updated firmware. IMU calibration done. Props fine. Motors spun freely. Only happens when altitude UP is pressed fully. Almost like it loses power when asked to go up fast. Flies fine at altitude.
2018-7-1
Use props
chamchoumino
lvl.2
Tunisia

The spark still new , less then 2 hours fly time , no crash , started to act weird 2 weeks ago.  propellers fine , I tried to remove the propellers, there is some noise,
I tried putting them back , one by one , it seems one of the motor is responsible, here is a video of the spark without the propellers and with 3 propellers
2018-7-1
Use props
chamchoumino
lvl.2
Tunisia

https://youtu.be/UPHZBpbdC6g
2018-7-1
Use props
chamchoumino
lvl.2
Tunisia

djiuser_0kYGR99s7ab2 Posted at 2018-7-1 14:34
Having the same problem. Loads of videos on YouTube showing the same issue. No solutions yet. Updated firmware. IMU calibration done. Props fine. Motors spun freely. Only happens when altitude UP is pressed fully. Almost like it loses power when asked to go up fast. Flies fine at altitude.

Are u having the issue on each take off ? For me it happen only on the first , that’s what is strange , I even tried with different battery. Îm not sure it’s a motor problem, it does not hover, one in the air fly fine , I even thought of the bottom camera problem, or the altitude sensor ,  once I was pulling us to take off , and it kept going down, then hovered to land on the leg of a friend .
2018-7-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

I would suggest downloading the DJI Assistant 2 first, then try to restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your aircraft after that reboot it and re-calibrate the IMU and compass of your aircraft to see if you'll be getting the same result. I would recommend as well flying your aircraft with no interference or it should be an open field with strong GPS signal. (18 or more signals is recommended GPS signal)
2018-7-2
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

chamchoumino Posted at 2018-7-1 22:20
Are u having the issue on each take off ? For me it happen only on the first , that’s what is strange , I even tried with different battery. Îm not sure it’s a motor problem, it does not hover, one in the air fly fine , I even thought of the bottom camera problem, or the altitude sensor ,  once I was pulling us to take off , and it kept going down, then hovered to land on the leg of a friend .

i would suggest to start the SPARK through the RC and then within 4 to 5 secs initiate lift upto 1 meter to 2 meter height and hoover for 1 minute . Then you do your stunts..
2018-7-2
Use props
BrilhasMuito
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

2018-7-2
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

BrilhasMuito Posted at 2018-7-2 12:53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Vo_1nBUQk

Good Tutorial Brilhas !

2018-7-2
Use props
BrilhasMuito
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-2 12:59
Good Tutorial Brilhas !

2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

bobsma Posted at 2018-7-2 12:44
If you upload the Flight Data from the Spark, will this data let you know the exact ESC that is giving this ESC Error? And if this data tells you which ESC gave the error, will DJI let you know what ESC has failed?

Hi, sorry for the late response, with regard to your concern in any case that you encountered this ESC error there will be number identifying which motor is not working under DJI GO 4 app.
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

bobsma Posted at 2018-7-2 15:07
okay, I see the flight record but the flight record doesn't show any error messages. I guess DJI does't make this easy to find.

Did you encounter this kind of error message? If yes, may I know what happened to your aircraft? Did your aircraft experience any collision or hard-landing?
2018-7-2
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-2 15:14
Did you encounter this kind of error message? If yes, may I know what happened to your aircraft? Did your aircraft experience any collision or hard-landing?

Yes. 500 foot free fall into a Football field. All because of an ESC failure is my guess. but nobody here on the forum has been of any help lately so I can't say for sure.
Spark Drone.jpg
2018-7-2
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-2 15:14

I was told they could be found in the DJI Go App.  but was never told how to see them using this APP.

can somebody please help or do I have to take desperate measures?
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

bobsma Posted at 2018-7-2 15:19
Yes. 500 foot free fall into a Football field. All because of an ESC failure is my guess. but nobody here on the forum has been of any help lately so I can't say for sure.

If that the case I would suggest to send your unit to our facility and please sync your flight record. Once it's received by our team, our engineers will conduct some investigation and they're the one you will figure out what happens to your aircraft.
2018-7-2
Use props
Carmenvail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

Hi, This should explain what you are experiencing.
https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijae/2017/1823056/

Good Luck With That

2018-7-2
Use props
Carmenvail
lvl.4
United States

"once I was pulling us to take off , and it kept going down, then hovered to land on the leg of a friend .

Updated firmware. IMU calibration done. Props fine. Motors spun freely. Only happens when altitude UP is pressed fully. Almost like it loses power when asked to go up fast. Flies fine at altitude."

you just have to get her up.. up... and away..... from anything that interferes with the rotor wash...including the ground or someones leg....
2018-7-2
Use props
Carmenvail
lvl.4
United States

bobsma Posted at 2018-7-2 15:19
Yes. 500 foot free fall into a Football field. All because of an ESC failure is my guess. but nobody here on the forum has been of any help lately so I can't say for sure.

it looks like that hurts...
2018-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules