Version of Firmware
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MacNimation
lvl.2

France

Hi,
Is there a way to check the current version of firmware on the Phantom 3?

My Phantom 3 arrived today and straight out of the box it connected fine with DJI Pilot on iPhone 6 + and the initial test was done indoors and it flies perfectly.

I do not know if it is 1.1.6 or 1.1.8 on the drone though, is there a way to find out?

cheers

2015-5-18
Use props
thill1
lvl.1

United States

Mine arrived today also and am wondering the same thing.  Hate to go to the trouble if I don't have to.  Can anyone confirm how to determine current firmware version on RC and Phantom3?
2015-5-18
Use props
edwinchee2002
lvl.1
Flight distance : 980535 ft
Singapore

thill1 Posted at 2015-5-19 10:44
Mine arrived today also and am wondering the same thing.  Hate to go to the trouble if I don't have  ...

Phantom 3 ship from May is latest firmware  version. When power On the aircraft, it will automatically check for you
2015-5-18
Use props
jaapotto
lvl.2

Netherlands

I would like to know the same thing. How do you check the current software version of the P3 and controller?

With the new update (v1.1.9) it's said that the controller does not need to be updated if you have v1.1.8
I'm doing the update process for the first time. Updating the P3 went fine. However the controller won't start its update.
I am following all the steps explained in the

, but at the part where you update the controller (at about 10:20 in the video) it does not start bleebing and show a blue led after 1 minute to indicate it's updating. Instead it does nothing for about 5 minutes and then a slow bleebing like: deeeed - deeeed - deeeed while showing a constant red led (the controller does turn on and shows the same red led as in the tutorial at the start of the controller update process)
After waiting to see if anything would happen I turned the controller off and checked the SD card for a log file. There is none. Only the 1.1.9 bin file.
I assume this means the update never started, but is it because the software is up to date (which I doubt as the v1.1.9 is just out). Is it because v1.1.8 is installed and trying to install v1.1.9 simply wont start because it's not needed. Or did something went wrong and do i need to try again ?
2015-5-24
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

jaapotto Posted at 2015-5-24 17:32
I would like to know the same thing. How do you check the current software version of the P3 and con ...

The controller as stated in the release notes does NOT need to be updated
2015-5-24
Use props
jaapotto
lvl.2

Netherlands

Total Posted at 2015-5-25 05:30
The controller as stated in the release notes does NOT need to be updated

Yes I saw that too, but what if I update it anyway? Does it start the update? Does it fail the update? Does it not do anything (like mine seemed to to)?

I am trying to determen if my controller is still fit for flying or if something went wrong during my attempt to update....
I do not want to lose connection in mid air and being told it was an software issue.
2015-5-24
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

If you try and update the controller with the latest firmware , I have read that the update will not start .

Put the new firmware on a usb stick , start the update , then after read the P3_FW_RESULTS_GS.txt     mine on the 18 version update was this

==========2015.05.08 17:08:36==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/P3X_FW_V01.01.0008.bin,
Upgrading ...
Result: Success
2015-5-24
Use props
sofagbem
lvl.2

United States

The iOS app has an about screen that shows the version of the firmware.
2015-5-24
Use props
jaapotto
lvl.2

Netherlands

Total Posted at 2015-5-25 08:07
If you try and update the controller with the latest firmware , I have read that the update will not ...

Thank you for that response. May I ask where you read that ?

@Sofagbem
I think in Andriod app there should be too, but mine simply says: N/A
I just found out that the playstore app version is not the same (older) as the app version downloaded from here, the DJI site. Maybe updating will show more info.

2015-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules