Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My Mavic Pro is now a safety hazard because of your "updates"
12071 299 2018-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FrequentC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158770 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-2 11:42
Sorry I didn’t understand that you were only looking for people to agree with your rant, some people come here for help.
I see anyone who disagrees with you get the same treatment. So I’ll be gone good luck with your rant.

I asked you several times to reread the post and stop jumping to your very unusual conclusions about my the value of my "salt". I pointed out that I in-fact did NOT say what you misinterpreted multiple times and you continue to insist the opposite. Yet, there it is. In black and white. Unedited.  And your "Help" was to first be insulting while being ridiculous in your assumptions.  So.. yeah .. I don't need your "help"
2018-7-2
Use props
Numero 5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385702 ft
Italy

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-2 11:33
I'm pretty sure they can afford their own devices if they can afford this new head-quarters: https://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/dji-new-headquarters/

Yes I know that they can afford it I was just joking... But since they keep on saying that have few models of phone to test
2018-7-2
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-2 11:56
I asked you several times to reread the post and stop jumping to your very unusual conclusions about my the value of my "salt". I pointed out that I in-fact did NOT say what you misinterpreted multiple times and you continue to insist the opposite. Yet, there it is. In black and white. Unedited.  And your "Help" was to first be insulting while being ridiculous in your assumptions.  So.. yeah .. I don't need your "help"

Pretty sure you're not coming here looking for help.  Your just coming here to b****.
2018-7-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Send it back to DJI Support then the replacement will be on an older FW.
2018-7-2
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-7-2 12:06
Pretty sure you're not coming here looking for help.  Your just coming here to b****.

I don't care what you think. What I care about is a sky filled with unresponsive drones (mine included) because DJI has horrible quality control (and forum users)

CHECK THE REVIEWS AND STFU: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4
2018-7-2
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-2 12:27
I don't care what you think. What I care about is a sky filled with unresponsive drones (mine included) because DJI has horrible quality control (and forum users)

CHECK THE REVIEWS AND STFU: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4

And I don't care what you think either, so why don't you STFU and learn how to operate a quad big guy.  Maybe get yourself a Husban.
2018-7-2
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-7-2 12:29
And I don't care what you think either, so why don't you STFU and learn how to operate a quad big guy.  Maybe get yourself a Husban.

Big Guy? Finally someone showing me some respect

BTW, have all you android users who've come here looking for help seen these reviews for the DJI Go4 app on Google Play? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4
2018-7-2
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2103150 ft

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-2 11:31
I'm fairly certain you're just trolling (or drunk) so I'm done responding to you.

LOL! His SOP.
2018-7-2
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-2 07:50
It occasionally drifts well after I've let go of the joysticks. Tilting the gimbal drifts very often, very far as well

This sounds to me like you may have edited the settings for your aircraft to increase the gimbal and yaw smoothness.  It may not be a bad idea to reset your gain and expo tuning as well as your gimbal settings to see if that makes a difference.

2018-7-2
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

DJI Go4 Reviews on Google Play are now at 2.9 ... and yet when you call DJI they act like nothing is wrong ...  smh

2018-7-2
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-2 13:06
I didn't adjust anything. It only happened yesterday and nothing has been changed other than the automatic download of the app update

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4

What are your settings for these parameters?  Maybe you can post a screenshot showing what you've got them set to.
2018-7-2
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2018-7-2 13:09
What are your settings for these parameters?  Maybe you can post a screenshot showing what you've got them set to.

What are my settings for "I can't see anything on the screen"?
2018-7-2
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-2 13:43
What are my settings for "I can't see anything on the screen"?

Okay, just going off of your statements about the gimbal drifting.  Not sure I understand that statement if you can't see anything at all.  

If you are interested in trying to figure this out, then I'd recommend doing a screen recording that demonstrates exactly what you see and maybe run through a quick demonstration of all the settings to see if someone can spot something that may have gotten set wrong on the update.  

If you are here just to scream and yell at DJI, that is fine, just say so and people will stop trying to help and let you air out what you've got to say towards DJI.

However, having worked in the IT business most of my adult life, I can tell you that just screaming and yelling at everybody and pointing at app store ratings isn't going to get you much of anywhere.  It doesn't help DJI help you and it doesn't help you get your aircraft back and working so that you can use it as intended.
2018-7-2
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2018-7-2 14:15
Okay, just going off of your statements about the gimbal drifting.  Not sure I understand that statement if you can't see anything at all.  

If you are interested in trying to figure this out, then I'd recommend doing a screen recording that demonstrates exactly what you see and maybe run through a quick demonstration of all the settings to see if someone can spot something that may have gotten set wrong on the update.  

You're not paying attention and telling me I'm doing something wrong. That's rich. You can be mad all you want and think I'm rude but the fact of the matter is so many people reply to posts on here with utter nonsense. The APP isn't working. Can you fix the app? Probably not. So yeah ..

I kinda came on here to yell  at DJI and make sure that others with the same issue who aren't getting support from DJI (or even a reasonable response) to know that maybe the best place to file their complaint is on the Google Play store in public view: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4   

I think we all know a drone out-of-control is a dangerous thing and right now MANY MANY people can't see where they are going because the transmission is completely pixelated. DJI Needs to fix this .. like NOW! Or at least put out a warning to tell people to ground their effected drones until it's fixed.
2018-7-2
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

DJI needs to fix this and not let it happen again ... this is a safety issue!

2018-7-2
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

So Lets see…
Post #1 You said “My Mavic Pro is now a safety hazard because of your "updates"!!”
Post #3 You said “How does that "sound weird"? Sounds like a pretty common complaint .. or have you not looked at the reviews for the DJI Go4 app lately?”
Post #5 You said “I got this reply from support on Facebook.”  Still nothing about the “Problem.”
Post # 7 was just spent complaining about DJI.
Post #10 You said “It occasionally drifts well after I've let go of the joysticks. Tilting the gimbal drifts very often, very far as well.”  Ok… now we are getting somewhere…
Post #11 You brought up the Go4 App approval rating for the first time.
Post #16 You brought up DJI support.
Post #17 You complained about the “Buggy” apps and firmware.
Post #19 You asked a question about someone’s post flight procedures.
Post #27 You stated “Reread everything above and then ask yourself why you were so easily confused..”  Everyone is confused by now.
Post #32 You quoted DJI Requirements for the Mavic Pro
Post #36 You accused Hallmark007 of taking things out of context
Post #40 You accused Hallmark007 of being drunk (?)
Post #41 You discussed DJI’s new headquarters
Post #43 You requested the Hallmark007 re-read your posts again.
Post #47 You stated “I don't care what you think. What I care about is a sky filled with unresponsive drones (mine included) because DJI has horrible quality control “
Post #49 You brought up the APP store ratings for Go4 again.
Post #51 Kloogee asked about your gimbal and Yaw settings.  (See your post #10)
Post #52 You go back to approval ratings in the App Store
Post #53 You state that you haven’t changed any gimbal or yaw settings and again, bring up the app store approval ratings.  
Post #54 Kloogee asked what your Yaw and Gimbal settings were set for.  Maybe a screen shot?
Post #55 You reply “What are my settings for "I can't see anything on the screen"?”  (First mention of no screen.)
Post #57… Well, we won’t even go into Post #57.  People have offered to assist you, but you haven’t really told us any information to assist you with.  
Post #58 We FINALLY get to the heart of the matter.  

We assume that you are using Android.  What type device, we have no idea.  We know you are flying a Mavic Pro.  What your problem is with your drone, we aren’t sure.  At one point, it was drifting and sliding sideways.  Suddenly, you can’t see anything on the screen.
Believe it or not, we would like to help…   Not more screaming.  
2018-7-2
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-7-2 14:54
So Lets see…
Post #1 You said “My Mavic Pro is now a safety hazard because of your "updates"!!”
Post #3 You said “How does that "sound weird"? Sounds like a pretty common complaint .. or have you not looked at the reviews for the DJI Go4 app lately?”

You sure did skip a lot from Post #1 ... but how can I be the screaming bad-guy if you tell the whole story, right?
2018-7-2
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

You can all stop responding now. I've contacted a lawyer. I'll get this handled a different way.
2018-7-2
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-2 14:29
You're not paying attention and telling me I'm doing something wrong. That's rich. You can be mad all you want and think I'm rude but the fact of the matter is so many people reply to posts on here with utter nonsense. The APP isn't working. Can you fix the app? Probably not. So yeah ..

I kinda came on here to yell  at DJI and make sure that others with the same issue who aren't getting support from DJI (or even a reasonable response) to know that maybe the best place to file their complaint is on the Google Play store in public view: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4   

I'm not mad at all, I'm not the one with an issue with my drone.  I'm just a simple guy trying to help you out.  You see the problem is that until post #58, you haven't actually described in detail what your actual problem is.  Up until post #57 and then in post #58 did you actually give some sort of detail other than "I can't see anything".  And in post #10 you mentioned about gimbal drift. If your screen is anything like the one shown in the video in #58, I don't see how you would even know anything about drift.

The problem is that so far you are acting like a 3 year old throwing a tantrum.  IT DOESN'T WORK!  FIX IT!  This doesn't help you out and it doesn't help DJI to determine a root cause in order to fix it.  

If you really want DJI to fix it, put on your big boy pants, stop acting like a toddler throwing a fit and then provide as much detail as possible! Once you've done that here, then open a ticket with their tech support and provide the same details.  Providing your own video (not someone else's youtube video) will help to bolster your case and help to provide some urgency for them as well as much needed detail.

Yelling and screaming here at people like myself or pointing to reviews on the app store doesn't get you or anybody else anywhere.

I wish you the best of luck in getting a resolution.

2018-7-2
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft

I have never had one single problem with updates in over a year.  I do my updates through the app whatever it tells me there is one.  Same with the inspire.
2018-7-2
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-2 15:02
You sure did skip a lot from Post #1 ... but how can I be the screaming bad-guy if you tell the whole story, right?

Aside from all the misspellings, not being able to see anything on the screen can be anything from Pixelation, as you have, to a totally black screen to a dark screen with faint images, to an app that refuses to load, to a mobile device that has gone bad...  but as you said, nevermind.  You already have the situation well under control now.  

Night night...
2018-7-2
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

This was entertaining.

But I guess I was not supposed to post a response. A lawyer is involved now.

Careful DJI, your days are numbered...

2018-7-2
Use props
Vaporay
lvl.4
Flight distance : 870673 ft

Exact same thing happening to me with Galaxy S9+ flying Mavic Pro. Choppy video, delayed response from controller input. I flew it right back when it started occurring 2 minutes into the flight. Even worse, my other phone is an Essential PH-1. Latest DJI Go app force crashes on that device every time.
2018-7-2
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2488944 ft

I've never had any issues after updating and I always do update but not for a few weeks after release just in case ...
2018-7-2
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

chalde Posted at 2018-7-2 15:11
This was entertaining.

But I guess I was not supposed to post a response. A lawyer is involved now.

I must have missed something....  Care to share some details about this mysterious post?
2018-7-2
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2018-7-2 15:40
I must have missed something....  Care to share some details about this mysterious post?

I believe he means it was an entertaining read...
2018-7-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-2 15:02
You can all stop responding now. I've contacted a lawyer. I'll get this handled a different way.

“Confidence is ignorance. If you're feeling cocky, it's because there's something you don't know.”

2018-7-2
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-7-2 15:52
I believe he means it was an entertaining read...

Ah, I did miss something.  I had missed post #61.  Now that response makes sense!  Lol!  My bad!  
2018-7-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s about right that you would team up with someone who shows the same traits as yourself.
2018-7-2
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-2 15:53
“Confidence is ignorance. If you're feeling cocky, it's because there's something you don't know.”

Sometimes confidence is just the result of experience. It'll be an easy $2,500 to $10,000 win.  I'll revist this post in a few months with a picture of the check.  
2018-7-2
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-2 16:03
It’s about right that you would team up with someone who shows the same traits as yourself.

Ever think it's just you?  You're condescending, kind of clueless and aren't helpful. Eat that with your salt
2018-7-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-2 14:42
DJI needs to fix this and not let it happen again ... this is a safety issue!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2MfrgH3njA

This is what I saw both times my Mavic Pro got upgrade to .0300.
And both times down grading my Mavic Pro to .0200 got Live View working.
2018-7-2
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

Back to the mission at hand .... anyone who stumbles across this post and is having issue with the DJI Go4 App on Android and looking to voice their complaint but not getting much help from DJI ... might i suggest you do it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4
2018-7-2
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-7-2 08:05
I'm pretty sure that all these updates for Android and IOS for that matter, is to keep up with the OS updates put out by Android & Apple. I use a Crystal Sky (Optimized Android) that doesn't receive OS updates unless put out by DJI and it is rock solid, well maybe slight video glitches @ 5000' away. Still using 4.1.16 App with P3P, P4P, MP & MA.

You were saying?

https://forum.dji.com/thread-154979-1-1.html
2018-7-2
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-2 16:03

Do you feel like you're being teamed-up against? Poor you!
Now back to your SOP.
2018-7-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Jyunte Posted at 2018-7-2 16:38
Do you feel like you're being teamed-up against? Poor you!
Now back to your SOP.

Good to see you not talking out the side of you mouth, even if it is rubbish.
2018-7-2
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-2 16:40
Good to see you not talking out the side of you mouth, even if it is rubbish.

Great comeback.

Wanna tell me again how all the problems I've had with Mavic Pro aircraft are imaginary? That's what you did last time you weighed in on one of my threads. Must have hurt you to see all the people having the same issues with their Mavic Pros, and the nearly 2 year long thread where people with the same problems were trying to get help from DJI to fix them. Or all the threads about people's Mavic Air drones doing exactly the same thing as the Mavic Pro! Must've been terrible for you when lots of new threads started being posted about the same problems I experienced with my Mavic Pros. Must have nearly crippled you when DJI admitted the problem.

Your poor ego! But it's ok, we understand. Bashing people online is just something you have to do.
2018-7-2
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2018-7-2 16:00
Ah, I did miss something.  I had missed post #61.  Now that response makes sense!  Lol!  My bad!

Yep, the whole thread has been entertaining.

Just like a Michael Bay movie !! Big explosions in slow motion, with nothing making sense whatsoever

2018-7-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Jyunte Posted at 2018-7-2 16:56
Great comeback.

Wanna tell me again how all the problems I've had with Mavic Pro aircraft are imaginary? That's what you did last time you weighed in on one of my threads. Must have hurt you to see all the people having the same issues with their Mavic Pros, and the nearly 2 year long thread where people with the same problems were trying to get help from DJI to fix them. Or all the threads about people's Mavic Air drones doing exactly the same thing as the Mavic Pro! Must've been terrible for you when lots of new threads started being posted about the same problems I experienced with my Mavic Pros. Must have nearly crippled you when DJI admitted the problem.

On the contrary, you must be blind to the most popular column on this forum, videos/photos, so many flying quite happily, it just amazes me someone would wait around for two years, without getting anything sorted.
2018-7-2
Use props
Spark Kam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 417 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-2 17:05
On the contrary, you must be blind to the most popular column on this forum, videos/photos, so many flying quite happily, it just amazes me someone would wait around for two years, without getting anything sorted.

I must stop in and say "Thank You" hallmark007 . Every few months when I'm bored, I stop by to peruse these forums with the hope that one day I would realize that DJI puts forth more of an effort to address serious issues that some encounter with their products and now has outstanding customer service. Unfortunately that day has not arrived and you and your counter parts still participate on every problem thread doing your job. From the bottom of my I must thank Dji, you and the like for your part in assisting me in remaining a couple Grand richer. $$$ is burning a hole in my pocket and I just couldn't do it without you hallmark007.
2018-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules