My Mavic Pro is now a safety hazard because of your "updates"
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

Please everyone, just IGNORE the troll.  Eventually I'm sure he will be eventually dealt with - hopefully severely, but until then, just let him play in the mud by himself.  There are simple solutions to his issue, but instead just chooses to complain and be disruptive.  Sad fellow...
2018-7-25
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158770 ft
United States

M2Wair Posted at 2018-7-25 06:58
It beggars the question, were you born stupid or did it just come naturally! If your drone is that much of a liability why on gods earth did you not return it to DJI as defective.

Amazing response. To imply I'm the stupid one and follow that up with a truly clueless question. Bravo!
2018-7-25
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

MrArcher Posted at 2018-7-25 07:13
Please everyone, just IGNORE the troll.  Eventually I'm sure he will be eventually dealt with - hopefully severely, but until then, just let him play in the mud by himself.  There are simple solutions to his issue, but instead just chooses to complain and be disruptive.  Sad fellow...

You keep saying this and I have yet to hear the simple solution from anyone (other than myself)
2018-7-25
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-25 09:47
You keep saying this and I have yet to hear the simple solution from anyone (other than myself)
Don't feed the Troll.
2018-7-25
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

I'm going to let that slide because there's 7 pages to this nightmare thread and I'm sure you didn't read it all. But I can 100% assure you that NOBODY has addressed the reason I came to the forums and what I've posted about here.
2018-7-25
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Sea Parrot Posted at 2018-7-25 05:51
In reply to rolling56's text : @Sea Parrot
I have the Nexus 6 and not the Nexus 6P wasn't sure if you picked up on that? I do have experimental Android 9.0 beta 3 and it works fine with DJI Go4 4.2.21 603-playstore and my Pixel XL. And again no problems with the same app version with my Nexus 6

Just to add Android released Android P 5 beta 4 and i had to uninstall like i said in my other post because it FC'd like it has all a long with the beta releases of Android P. I haven't flown with it yet.....So just a heads up for you and others.
2018-7-25
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

Any word on an updated app with a fix to this problem DJI?

Any word when you might be sending out an email to warn people that they might experience this problem DJI?

The reviews are in on the last 2 versions of the app and it's not pretty: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4
2018-7-26
Use props
Loose}{Cannon
lvl.2

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-26 04:28
Any word on an updated app with a fix to this problem DJI?

Any word when you might be sending out an email to warn people that they might experience this problem DJI?

I literally bought my first quality drone (mavic Platinum) just two weeks ago and you could imagine my disappointment when the jdi app had video feed issues on every divice I can get my hands on.  I even bought a galaxy tab S2 thats a blank state..... no video workie.   I managed to bite the bullet and purchase Litchi.  Shame
2018-7-26
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

Loose}{Cannon Posted at 2018-7-26 05:11
I literally bought my first quality drone (mavic Platinum) just two weeks ago and you could imagine my disappointment when the jdi app had video feed issues on every divice I can get my hands on.  I even bought a galaxy tab S2 thats a blank state..... no video workie.   I managed to bite the bullet and purchase Litchi.  Shame

Awe man that suuuucks

Be sure to leave DJI some feedback about it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4
2018-7-26
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

All this talk of the Mavic 2 lately and I'd think they'd wait until they got all the bugs worked out on the original Mavic Pro first .... especially if they're going to share the same "DJI Go 4" app
2018-7-26
Use props
Loose}{Cannon
lvl.2

United States

As I stated in my other thread...  since purchasing the litchi app, I have had a blast with the drone. However, the go4 app experience has left an ever lasting rotten taste in my mouth. I went through multiple phones and tablets never achieving an acceptable video display. It's not the droid platform....  it's DJI.  Any of you guys/gals know the sinking gut feeling when having to explain to your spouse that you just bought a $1400 paperweight package..... with accessories?
2018-7-26
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Loose}{Cannon Posted at 2018-7-26 19:35
As I stated in my other thread...  since purchasing the litchi app, I have had a blast with the drone. However, the go4 app experience has left an ever lasting rotten taste in my mouth. I went through multiple phones and tablets never achieving an acceptable video display. It's not the droid platform....  it's DJI.  Any of you guys/gals know the sinking gut feeling when having to explain to your spouse that you just bought a $1400 paperweight package..... with accessories?

All I can say is that if the newer MP2 is on the same Go4 app, they can forget about any interest I may have in the product. There are others I can invest in. I've had a P3, MP and Spark. Bought a MA as well, but sold it to a fam member couple days after I bought it. It was too noisy for me, and the cool bluish camera tint turned me away. Anyhow, I spent a lot of money on DJI.

To have these ongoing issues ruining the performance, I might be done. What I have will get me by for a while.

Litchi is good, but I should not have to have a 3d party app to run a major league players drone.
2018-7-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Loose}{Cannon Posted at 2018-7-26 05:11
I literally bought my first quality drone (mavic Platinum) just two weeks ago and you could imagine my disappointment when the jdi app had video feed issues on every divice I can get my hands on.  I even bought a galaxy tab S2 thats a blank state..... no video workie.   I managed to bite the bullet and purchase Litchi.  Shame

Out of curiosity, did you try a Samsung Galaxy S9 or an iPhone 8?
2018-7-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-26 23:10
All I can say is that if the newer MP2 is on the same Go4 app, they can forget about any interest I may have in the product. There are others I can invest in. I've had a P3, MP and Spark. Bought a MA as well, but sold it to a fam member couple days after I bought it. It was too noisy for me, and the cool bluish camera tint turned me away. Anyhow, I spent a lot of money with DJI.

To have these ongoing issues ruining the performance, I might be done. What I have will get me by for a while.

All I can say is that if the newer MP2 is on the same Go4 app, they can forget about any interest I may have in the product

Hear that!

Given my concerns with problems of Mavic Air .0400 FW, potentially leading to problems with next FW update for Mavic Pro have come to fruition, and
being problems with MA FW have not been resolved after 85 days since .400 release, and
DJI has yet to officially acknowledge MA problems; let alone new MP's problems, and
throw in the for Professionals' CrystalSky Ultra that can't perform in the environment it was designed for without problems, and
still no resolution for Assistant-2 not working under OS-X, and
support that knows nothing more than what is in the most basic of trouble shooting step-by-step books, there is
no way would I consider dropping over a Grand on MP2.

2018-7-27
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-26 23:38
Out of curiosity, did you try a Samsung Galaxy S9 or an iPhone 8?

Yes. there are work arounds ... but THAT'S the problem.  People shouldn't HAVE TO work around DJI's screw ups.  
2018-7-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-27 07:00
Yes. there are work arounds ... but THAT'S the problem.  People shouldn't HAVE TO work around DJI's screw ups.

I agree, they should not have too.  
I was trying to help a person who has big investment in a drone.  A drone with Live view video problem that is quickly becoming an expensive paper weight to owner.
2018-7-27
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

"...this is a work around and our R&D team are now working for a fix."

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=156579&pid=1456919&fromuid=687999
2018-7-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-27 07:09
"...this is a work around and our R&D team are now working for a fix."

The link is broke.  I think you got the Text wording in Link Address field and vice-versa.

this is a work around and our R&D team are now working for a fix
2018-7-27
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-27 07:23
The link is broke.  I think you got the Text wording in Link Address field and vice-versa.

this is a work around and our R&D team are now working for a fix

Thanks. The battery is dying in my keyboard here at work and I'm making typos left and right today. lol
2018-7-27
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-27 07:00

Really?  So in real world life nobody ever uses or needs work arounds for any commercial products while awaiting a fix?!

The fact is, there is a problem affecting SOME (but certainly not all) users and a workaround that takes about 30 seconds to implement.  Is that REALLY too much effort for people until its fixed?
2018-7-27
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2018-7-27 07:51
Really?  So in real world life nobody ever uses or needs work arounds for any commercial products while awaiting a fix?!

The fact is, there is a problem affecting SOME (but certainly not all) users and a workaround that takes about 30 seconds to implement.  Is that REALLY too much effort for people until its fixed?

Really? So if your car windshield suddenly went 75% black while you were driving it you'd just be like; "It's OK a long as there's a work around".  .... stop acting like we aren't talking about a something potentially dangerous.  You need to realize this isn't a malfunctioning pencil sharpener. It's a flying machine with sharp blades.  
2018-7-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2018-7-27 07:51

With topic of thread involving updates...

I don't know what workaround you are talking about that takes 30-seconds, but having updated, refreshed, and rolled back DJI Firmware, Software App, and OS; on numerous occassions - it sure was whole lot longer than 30-seconds, closer to 30-minutes for some of aforementioned.  

Worst of all is updating, refreshing, and / or rolling back to frequently is NOT the workaround.  
2018-7-27
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-25 09:46
Amazing response. To imply I'm the stupid one and follow that up with a truly clueless question. Bravo!

What I find ridiculous is you undertaking a 'commercial Project' with absolutely no backup or contingency plan such as a second/third drone or an alternative means to satisfactorily operate said equipment, be that a third party software package as well as additional backup android or IOS to complete said commercial project satisfactorily.

But you got it right......clueless is right, but the wrong person. Go Figure huh
2018-7-27
Use props
Loose}{Cannon
lvl.2

The mentality of "oh well... its only a few people and I'm not one of them" runs deep in this forum I see....
Lets make this perfectly clear...

#1.  It does not matter what android version your device is running.
#2. It does not matter what device brand or model android you have.
#3. If your running the latest version CURRENTLY STILL available of Go4....  You don't have video.  

All this wonk wonk about people using this and that device and version of Android is moot.  If your on Apple, or haven't "upgraded" the Go4 app on an Android since 7/4/18.....  consider your self lucky.  In my opinion.... one person effected is too many.  Perhaps thats just how I roll.  Again, this is NOT and Android issue.  This is a massive failure on the part of DJI to have released a FUBARED operating system that renders countless of their products utterly useless.  You guys picking up what I'm slapping down yet?  

Now...  all this bork bork about apple this and apple that.  You will find me right here on this board returning the favor when dji screws YOU over.  I'll tell you its your apple thingy and how its not stable bla bla hork spit. Followed by...  '''meh, stop your complaining... this doesn't effect me".  

Your apple mini tab 2 specs.
Dual-core 1.3 GHz Cyclone (ARM v8-based)
1 GB RAM

My Galaxy tab S2 specs
Octa-core (4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A72 & 4x1.4 GHz Cortex-A53)
3 GB RAM

Thats right...  over four times the processing power and three times the ram.  

Reminder....  Not all of use dji owners live on the dji forum or even know it exists.  If you do not know why your drone is a paperweight, or where to go to get information about how to fix something in which you do not know what said problem is, no announcement is made, no redaction of the fubared app takes place along with a replacement of the last version that did work, no instructions on how to MANUALLY install an APK file received from deep in the bowels of internt drone land.....  you find yourself in my position.  Now, ImI pretty darn certain DJI has ALL of their customers email addresses.  I happen to own a prominent firearms related forum and can tell you right now... it takes 4 clicks and all but 3min to execute a mass email notification to thousands of users.  

2018-7-27
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

M2Wair Posted at 2018-7-27 09:56
What I find ridiculous is you undertaking a 'commercial Project' with absolutely no backup or contingency plan such as a second/third drone or an alternative means to satisfactorily operate said equipment, be that a third party software package as well as additional backup android or IOS to complete said commercial project satisfactorily.

But you got it right......clueless is right, but the wrong person. Go Figure huh

Does it make you feel good to make up stories? Your version of events and my version don't match up at all ... but .. I was there.  #StillClueless
2018-7-27
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

Loose}{Cannon Posted at 2018-7-27 10:23
The mentality of "oh well... its only a few people and I'm not one of them" runs deep in this forum I see....

Took the words right out of my mouth! .... Loose}{Cannon for President!
2018-7-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The mentality of "oh well... its only a few people and I'm not one of them" runs deep in this forum I see....

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008

So yesterday you were quite happy, today your not, I’m thinking troll here, if your drone is only 2 weeks old return it for one that works.
2018-7-27
Use props
Loose}{Cannon
lvl.2

Someone hasn't bothered to read my posts.  Again... apparently just for you.

Now that I bought Litchi.  I can enjoy the drone.  

Happy?  who is trolling who?
2018-7-27
Use props
Loose}{Cannon
lvl.2

What...  you think i need to return the app?   Because that's the issue here.  Please read the previous 7 pages.
2018-7-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

That mentality is only held by a hand few.  Those few have brow beat most others here into silence.  While doing their very best to dismiss, scream over, harass, or trash anyone who dares speak up.
2018-7-27
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

Loose}{Cannon Posted at 2018-7-27 10:52
Someone hasn't bothered to read my posts.  Again... apparently just for you.

Now that I bought Litchi.  I can enjoy the drone.  

You just have to ignore hallmark007 .. he'll eventually go back to eating his cat food

(Trolls love cat food)
2018-7-27
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-27 11:17
That mentality is only held by a hand few.  Those few have brow beat most others here into silence.  While doing their very best to dismiss, scream over, harass, or trash anyone who dares speak up.

Finally this thread is getting good!  I REFUSE to let the Trolls discourage me.
2018-7-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Loose}{Cannon Posted at 2018-7-27 10:53
What...  you think i need to return the app?   Because that's the issue here.  Please read the previous 7 pages.

As I said everything was ok for you yesterday, all of a sudden after one post you seem to know everything I note we didn’t see any problems in your video you posted yesterday, so yes trolling and on this thread you have plenty of company, you have the resident clown who spends his time trolling threads trying to create as much hysteria as he can, I think you are almost twins, you even spell and write in the same manner.
His main concern is to try to destroy this forum, he’s a nasty piece of work, but as it’s fairly apparent you will be 100% aware of all his trolling.
He definitely met his match with you and the OP.
He’s the only person on this forum who owns one craft which has all the symptoms of of every other craft, so you myself and Irene are welcome to this thread, it’s definitely a thread for the monster raving lunatic party.
Your all welcome, but I think it will become pretty clear to most what’s going on here.
This is what your bestie thinks about this thread.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=154981&pid=1480884&fromuid=260008
2018-7-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Loose}{Cannon (2018/07/27  08:27) -- "I tell ya what though......  I had yo buy the litchy app (not happy about) because go-4 refuses to proved a suitable video feed on ANY device."
2018-7-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I think we should leave Me Myself and Irene to themselves, some of them are the same person anyway.
Hedge has two new besties. They say s#it sticks together.....

For the clown, think you will find that you can’t edit litchi coverage in djigo 4, so at least we know that loose cannon or is it you has no problems like any other android user . Thought that would have been obvious.
2018-7-27
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-27 11:33
As I said everything was ok for you yesterday, all of a sudden after one post you seem to know everything I note we didn’t see any problems in your video you posted yesterday, so yes trolling and on this thread you have plenty of company, you have the resident clown who spends his time trolling threads trying to create as much hysteria as he can, I think you are almost twins, you even spell and write in the same manner.
His main concern is to try to destroy this forum, he’s a nasty piece of work, but as it’s fairly apparent you will be 100% aware of all his trolling.
He definitely met his match with you and the OP.

You are an idiot. Maybe even the dumbest person I've ever encountered. I'm not going to debate you because you just make stuff up out of thin air and there's no point of discussing anything with you until you learn how to read and comprehend it.

Since this is like the 10th time you've announced you're not going to comment on this thread any longer, don't you think it's about time you just go away?  (You don't actually have to reply ... you can just go away)
2018-7-27
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

DJI automatically updated users DJI Go4 app to what has turned out to be a faulty version for many using Android devices. Many Android users now receive an intermittent but persistent blurry/pixelated video transmission from their DJI drone via the DJI Go4 app (https://www.google.com/search?q=dji+android+pixelated). Flying the drones in this manner makes the unit dangerous because the pixilation doesn't always happen until after the drone is launched and the pilot is left flying blindly.  

This issue has not been addressed in any prominent way by DJI. Many users do not find out about this bug until their drone is airborne as it is not unreasonable for a pilot to think their drone is working as it had been since the last time they launched it.

Let DJI know this is not acceptable by adding your review and comments here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4
2018-7-27
Use props
BAGraphics
lvl.2
Flight distance : 174288 ft

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-27 11:28
Finally this thread is getting good!  I REFUSE to let the Trolls discourage me.

Discourage you from what?

Please ether use the work arounds until the updates will satisfy you or sell your drone and leave.  Attacking those who are trying to help you get past this situation.

Yu do realize that all you are actually doing here is making yourself look bad and not really accomplishing the fix you are looking for.

So please, either wait for the fix to come or sell your drone and move onto another drone company. Yelling here at DJI admins and other forum members IS NOT GETTING YU WHERE YOU WANT TO BE.

2018-7-27
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Ok I will give my two cents here.  I have read the entire thread and here is my suggestion.  First off you are going about this the wrong way.  I know your intent is to get visibility here but to be honest they will not do anything with the way this thread is.  What I would do if I were in your shoes is open up a case with DJI.  Clearly document the video issues you have.  Then what you do is start a thread that is a poll.  And get all that have issues vote and respond in it.  And also have others open a support case as well.  

For me this got results when it was discovered that a couple updates ago for IOS users as soon as we would go into POI mode our C1/C2/Function buttons would no longer work.  What I did was open a case with DJI clearly documenting this.  I also created a thread with a poll and it got tons of votes.  An update later the issue was fixed.  

In the meantime you could simply roll back to 4.2.16 as that should get you going and be able to fly.  If you want to call me a troll then by all means it does not bother me I am just giving my suggestion here as a better way than has been.  Good luck and I do hope they fix the issue.  This is going to be my only response in this thread.
2018-7-27
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
United States

BAGraphics Posted at 2018-7-27 13:11
Discourage you from what?

Please ether use the work arounds until the updates will satisfy you or sell your drone and leave.  Attacking those who are trying to help you get past this situation.

How many new accounts are you going to make? LOL

2018-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules