Ronin S Vertical support
6591 3 2018-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jakobox
lvl.1
United States

Hi all,

I am looking for a setup to create content for Instagram TV. The Ronin-S looks like it could be have a lot of use for me. However, I have one hesitation: I want to shoot vertical video (IE camera rotated 90 degrees). I'm shooting with a 5d MArk IV

Any thoughts on this being possible? I've seen a picture on this forum of someone mounting a camera vertical on a Ronin-M with a cage. That seems like a great solution. However I wonder if the Ronin-S has enough space to accomodate a vertical mount?

Other options, I suppose, would be within the software. Is there a way, for example to rotate 90 degrees and hold that position with the app somehow?

While I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking about this (for IGTV in particular) I haven't been able to find too many answers online.

2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Vertical mode is not available for Ronin-S, your need will be forwarded to our engineers for consideration in the future release, thanks for your attention.
2018-7-3
Use props
jakobox
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the answer Mindy.

would it be reasonable to guess that it would at least be possible to put a camera in a cage and mount vertically onto the Ronin?

Thanks!
2018-7-3
Use props
i.am.ivan.stan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 345302 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

jakobox Posted at 7-3 09:20
Thanks for the answer Mindy.

would it be reasonable to guess that it would at least be possible to put a camera in a cage and mount vertically onto the Ronin?

if only entire support was not retarded
2018-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules