DJI - Please make the file download/extract process easier to use
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marklyn59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

Open request for DJI to please make the whole Mavic flight data download and extraction easier and more intuitive.
Would really like to see a way to download and extract flyxxx.dat files individually and to be able to remove them from the Mavic or to be able to download individually with ftp.
Would like to see a DJI app to extract flyxxx.dat files too.
Would also like to see some type of data dictionary for the various telemetry columns to make it easier to use the data in post video overlay.
I think this could really be improved upon in other areas and stay ahead of the competition and shouldn't be that difficult to do, right?
Would also like to see some fields that appear to be missing: uplink/downlink quality & gimbal angle.

I personally rely on the flight data file for times when I've lost communication with the controller and missing telemetry data until it connects again.
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do feel sorry if you are having issues with the current DJI app of extracting flight data logs. We will provide this query to our engineers for us to check for a possible update on the above mentioned. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2018-7-2
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-2 08:53
Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do feel sorry if you are having issues with the current DJI app of extracting flight data logs. We will provide this query to our engineers for us to check for a possible update on the above mentioned.

Thanks. I'm not having an issue exactly, I am just requesting improvement on the ability to extract and use the data in post production tools like Dashware and RaceRender. But, still, thanks for sending this up and I would appreciate a response if this will be considered.
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

marklyn59 Posted at 2018-7-2 08:56
Thanks. I'm not having an issue exactly, I am just requesting improvement on the ability to extract and use the data in post production tools like Dashware and RaceRender. But, still, thanks for sending this up and I would appreciate a response if this will be considered.

Hi, we should be thanking you for this. Have a safe flight.
2018-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules