o(^-^)o
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we will clarify this with our engineers if we can possibly pull up the error message that you encountered. Thank you.
2018-7-2
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

What kind of desperate measures would you take?
2018-7-2
Use props
BrilhasMuito
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

In DJI GO 4 app click on "me" (right bottom corner - Last icon).
Then click "Flight records".
This way you can see every single flight and the warning messages that appeared during flight.
If you want to inspect it deeper you can upload the flight records in the website below.
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

2018-7-2
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

2018-7-4
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

2018-7-4
Use props
BrilhasMuito
Second Officer
Brazil

bobsma Posted at 2018-7-4 06:51
repairing it myself by swapping out parts until it's fixed. here is part of a 3 minute test flight I made in my backyard and it gives me the same errors as my first crash. (no crash damage this time!) Another desperate measure will be right now because I am going to make another test flight and watch it crash! PS. i'm an expert at repairing laptops and the spark reminds me of a laptop when it comes to disassembly, etc....

maybe a new IMU module, then a GPS module. just hope it's Not the main board!  not sure why it says all the ESC have errors????

Does it give you ESC errors on screen when flying or before taking off?
2018-7-4
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

2018-7-4
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-7-2 17:10
What kind of desperate measures would you take?

2018-7-4
Use props
BrilhasMuito
Second Officer
Brazil

bobsma Posted at 2018-7-4 12:29
after taking off. The first time it was about 6 minutes into the flight.  the second time about 3 minutes into the flight. I am going to do one more test flight at 3 feet above the ground and just let it hover and some slow flight over some grass lawn then report back.  i refreshed the firmware, restored to factory defaults. a new IMU Calibration then a new Compass Calibration will be done before this next test flight.

Alright!
Refreshing firmware usually works.
Let us know!
2018-7-4
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

2018-7-4
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

2018-7-4
Use props
BrilhasMuito
Second Officer
Brazil

bobsma Posted at 2018-7-4 16:10
just made two test flights down to 30% battery left, just putting around my backyard at a low altitude. No problems whatsoever!  how many test flights do I need now?  PS. from all my computer repair experience, I know Glitches do happen at the software/firmware level, so all the refreshes, updates, resets to defualt settings and calibrations may have done the trick!

There is a much worse ESC error that wont even let you turn the motors on, its a rare issue which is only fixed by changing the ESC.
I  cant say how many test flight you should do. I advice you to take as many as you need to feel safe the issue is totally gone. Go up/down, forward/backward, left/right, yaw left/right. Increasing distance, altitude and speed in each flight. Take the time to gain trust and knownledge on your device.
2018-7-4
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

2018-7-4
Use props
BrilhasMuito
Second Officer
Brazil

bobsma Posted at 2018-7-4 17:17
3rd test flight, no glitches! yes this is what I plan on doing. I live very close to the ocean and I am very lucky my first crash ended up on land where I could get at it and on Soft ground.  now I know what to do first before posting on this forum for help.  I see you are not from the USA. this is good because most Americans are snobs.

I love flying over the water.
If I were you I'd take a few more flights before flying it over the ocean.
Fly safe m8!

2018-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules