ND Filters & Camera Settings
571 3 2018-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans179441fc
lvl.1

I'm looking to purchased a few filters for my Mavic Air, can you guys tell me which ones are reccomended?
Also, two more questions.

Can you advise on the best camera/video settings on a very sunny day?

The 4K video seems fine, but when I switch to the camera, the photos seem to come out pixelated. Is there something I can do to make the photos more clear and less pixelated?

Thanks.
2018-7-2
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Just change your white balance to Sunny when it is sunny out.  Or can manually set which I do and I usually have mine around 6500.  Most likely reason you are seeing grainy images is your ISO is set to auto and adjusting and anytime above 200 you will start to see what most likely you are seeing.  Best to set your camera ISO/ Shutter to manual keep ISO at 100 and adjust your shutter to give your EV anywhere between 0 to -0.7.  Also turn on overexposure zebra lines so you can see if/when parts of your screen are over exposed and adjust the ev till no more overexposure.  Filters for the most part will do nothing for your images but do help with videos.  Best to just practice and play with the settings but never use auto.  
2018-7-2
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-2 17:27
Just change your white balance to Sunny when it is sunny out.  Or can manually set which I do and I usually have mine around 6500.  Most likely reason you are seeing grainy images is your ISO is set to auto and adjusting and anytime above 200 you will start to see what most likely you are seeing.  Best to set your camera ISO/ Shutter to manual keep ISO at 100 and adjust your shutter to give your EV anywhere between 0 to -0.7.  Also turn on overexposure zebra lines so you can see if/when parts of your screen are over exposed and adjust the ev till no more overexposure.  Filters for the most part will do nothing for your images but do help with videos.  Best to just practice and play with the settings but never use auto.

This is all good advice.  The only other piece I want to make sure you are doing is getting your still pics from your SD card and not from your phone itself.  The images automatically cached on your phone are a low resolution version of the real image stored directly in your aircraft.  I just mention this because you mention that the pics you have are pixelated.  If you are using the pics from the aircraft and not your phone, they should never be pixelated.
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Aside from their advice. Yes, we're offering ND filters that will be compatible with your Mavic air and this filters will allow you to reduce the amount of light coming into the camera sensor and it will help you to avoid overexposure so that you could be able to produce great images and we're excited to see that. Kindly see the link below.

https://store.dji.com/product/ma ... lete&position=0

2018-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules