7532 8 2018-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alpbird
lvl.3
Flight distance : 779281 ft
Turkey

Hello,
I have been using my MA for almost 1 month.   My question is whether there is something I need to be careful about using the sport mode.  I am normally flying in normal mode for 1 or 2 minutes and then switching to the sport mode in all my flights.  Does the aircraft need to wait for a certain amount of time before changing the battery or do I need to switch back to normal mode once in a while during the flight for the health of the motors or batteries ? By the way, I am not writing this because I received an error, I am curious to know about the comments of the more experienced pilots.

Thank you very much
2018-7-3
Use props
Kevinab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2159006 ft
Sweden

sport mode certainly pulls more amps out of the battery, the mavic air batteries do tend to get pretty toasty even in normal mode. just make sure ur battery temps dont go crazy and u should be fine doing sport mode every flight
2018-7-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sport mode is ultimately designed for you to place your camera drone into position quicker to get the shot in time - like a sunset etc. It is not designed for you to fly in that mode constantly. Sport mode will maximise the sensitivity of the drones yaw, pitch, throttle and roll so will drain the battery quicker as the motor RPM increases. It also disengages the obstacle avoidance sensors so be careful not to fly too close to objects as the drone will need more time to break and come to a stop - it will not sense obstacles so you can easily fly into something - and at 40-45MPH it will not be a nice sight! I would fly in Sport mode for a few minutes at a time in open areas then switch to Positioning mode. Constant use will knock minutes off the flight time, wear the motors out quicker and can lead to motor overload warnings, especially flying on hot and cold days.
2018-7-3
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

"be careful not to fly too close to objects as the drone will need more time to break and come to a stop - it will not sense obstacles so you can easily fly into something - and at 40-45MPH it will not be a nice sight! "

True words.

2018-7-3
Use props
alpbird
lvl.3
Turkey

Thank you all
2018-7-3
Use props
alpbird
lvl.3
Turkey

Thank you all
2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, Sport Mode will consume the battery quicker, and the specific time depends on your operation. I'd suggest practicing in P Mode until you know well of drone capability. The aircraft does not need a certain amount of time before changing the battery. DJI Go 4 app will prompt you an error message in case the drone is not safe to fly. Please check the attachment below.
2018-7-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome.
2018-7-3
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

After flying you should check battery temperature not over 60 degrees C. And better to keep it much lower for the battery healthy.  Remove the battery to let motor and processor to cool down for a while before change new battery and flight again. You can check the motor and area inside MA after battery removed is hot or not.
2018-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules