My phantom 3 keeps flickering between "Mode changed to GPS_Atti "...
1649 12 2018-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mohammad Fauri
lvl.1

Jordan

My phantom 3 Std keeps flickering between "Mode changed to GPS_Atti " to " Mode changed to WiFi_Reconnect "

hey Guys,
I have phantom 3 standard, I used to fly it a distance not less than (3500-4500) m, but lately I can not fly it more than 100 m barely 200.

The signal disconnected at the 200 m distance BUT the video keeps full quality.

I notice that when I fly it autonomously and sending the aircraft far away the signal of course disconnected but the video keeps sending normally to the 3000 m distance.

after analyzing the data I notice that it keeps flickering between "Mode changed to GPS_Atti " to " Mode changed to WiFi_Reconnect " .

I would like to share the data but I am super new to the Air Data thing.

Please Advice. Capture.JPG

2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. May I know what mobile device, firmware version and DJI Go version your are using?
2018-7-3
Use props
Mohammad Fauri
lvl.1

Jordan

mobile device: Samsung A7 2017
firmware version: I tried multiple with same outcome, v01.09.0200 - v01.08.0100
DJI Go version: latest one 3.1.42 and the earlier ones.

the problem started roughly after March- April - May 2017
2018-7-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

WiFi Reconnect isn't a flight mode - it's something that AIrdata seems to have invented.
If you are losing signal, that shouldn't have any effect on GPS and I suspect your Phantom is maintaining GPS the whole time.

It will be a lot easier to see what's happening using Phantomhelp rather than Airdata which only gives a brief summary.
To do that, go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it shows you.

It's unlikely to have anything to do with either firmware or the mobile device.
I don't know why the DJI people ask that all the time.
It seems to be the only thing they can type lately.
2018-7-3
Use props
Mohammad Fauri
lvl.1

Jordan

Labroides Posted at 2018-7-3 13:47
WiFi Reconnect isn't a flight mode - it's something that AIrdata seems to have invented.
If you are losing signal, that shouldn't have any effect on GPS and I suspect your Phantom is maintaining GPS the whole time.

hi Labroides,

thank you for your advice, here is the link for the log of one day as a sample of my problem, I wish that someone review the link and advice me.

it has been a hideous experience that I had and still having, and I feel that DJI people are not so helpful though.

regardless here is the link:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/WXEOSRM9R98DRG70C6VS/#
2018-7-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
New Zealand

Mohammad Fauri Posted at 2018-7-5 02:01
hi Labroides,

thank you for your advice, here is the link for the log of one day as a sample of my problem, I wish that someone review the link and advice me.

As you see from the flight record, the Phantom stayed in P-GPS the whole time except when in RTH.
It never dropped into atti mode or lost signal (except at 40 seconds).
There was nothing at all wrong during the flight.
Phantomhelp is a lot better for seeing what happened during a flight or incident.

The signal loss at 40 seconds was close, possibly decause of antennas not oriented correctly (?).
But the control signal was never lost and the data continued to be recorded .

2018-7-5
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Have you considered range extenders?  That is a very significant reduction compared to what you said you used to get.
2018-7-5
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Mohammad Fauri Posted at 2018-7-3 08:27
mobile device: Samsung A7 2017
firmware version: I tried multiple with same outcome, v01.09.0200 - v01.08.0100
DJI Go version: latest one 3.1.42 and the earlier ones.

I wouldn't have an answer for you but somwhat a similar experience.
I bought and flew my P3S in the US (FCC) and had no distance issues. Back in Germany (CE) I could barely make 100m.
But your drone has apparently changed without a location change. That's bad.

One thing that surprises me is that you only have 6-7 satellites up in the air.
I can't remember anymore - but is that all the P3S uses for flying? Maybe Labroides knows.

2018-7-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
New Zealand

Eric13 Posted at 2018-7-5 12:58
I bought and flew my P3S in the US (FCC) and had no distance issues. Back in Germany (CE) I could barely make 100m.

One thing that surprises me is that you only have 6-7 satellites up in the air.
I can't remember anymore - but is that all the P3S uses for flying?

The number of satellites visible varies with time as some disappear and others come into view.
6-7 is at the low end and higher numbers will be seen at other times.
The Standard only uses the US GPS sats so it always has a lot less that the P3 Pro, Adv and P4 models that also receive the Russian Glonass sats.
2018-7-5
Use props
Mohammad Fauri
lvl.1

Jordan

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-7-5 03:27
Have you considered range extenders?  That is a very significant reduction compared to what you said you used to get.

Hi Alabama,

I am using Argtek antennae but I feel like nothing has changed at all,

listen I tried everything.... Aircraft FW downgrade, Dji Go app Downgrade virgin, using different Mobile devices, I went even to middle of the desert with same problem, The maximum distance I obtained was 500 m not stable.

I even used something called magic power by a guy called Papa Tita to boost the signal, but I almost lost the Aircraft and crashed it.

the problem here in my country is that drones are banned and super expensive and you can't find one easily. so the option is to sell this one and buy the advanced one is not doable here.

I CAN NOT FIND A SOLUTION.
2018-7-7
Use props
Mohammad Fauri
lvl.1

Jordan

Eric13 Posted at 2018-7-5 12:58

Hi Eric 13,

I never had a GPS problem, my problem that the range dropped dramatically, once I did 4.7 KM in the same area I fully controlled the aircraft.

My problem is with the 5.8 GHz only and not the video transmitter or receiver 2.4 Ghz
2018-7-7
Use props
Mohammad Fauri
lvl.1

Jordan

Labroides Posted at 2018-7-5 02:57
As you see from the flight record, the Phantom stayed in P-GPS the whole time except when in RTH.
It never dropped into atti mode or lost signal (except at 40 seconds).
There was nothing at all wrong during the flight.

probably this is not the major issue, I thought that this could be linked with the range issue.

I am pretty sure that I know how to use the antennas correctly, but if you noticed that signal was lost at a very close distance
2018-7-7
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

In what altitude was the bird then the signal was lost ? and how close was the bird over you?
2018-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules