Loving my Ronin-S (Sample Video)
1139 5 2018-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DannyPie
lvl.2

Got my Ronin-S late last week, but haven't really got to use it much. I finally spent the last two days getting it set up and figuring out how to adjust it to my liking. I'm currently using it with my 5d Mark IV and it's definitely not as heavy as i thought it would be. Anything is better than a Ronin 1 though. I still have a long way to go, but here's a quick short I put together.

2018-7-3
Use props
DannyPie
lvl.2

I think I have to adjust stiffness, among other things. Any suggestions for more stable video are welcome.
2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Pretty nice video! Thanks for sharing with us.
2018-7-4
Use props
rbendjebar.mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3170190 ft
  • >>>

DannyPie Posted at 2018-7-3 09:33
I think I have to adjust stiffness, among other things. Any suggestions for more stable video are welcome.

Gimbals don't really do all that well with macro, as your micro movements are magnified the closer you are to the subject. To get smooth looking footage, move your subject further away. Also, wide angle lenses and slo-mo will have more stability. Try resting the tripod foot on your hip and concentrate on controlling the upper hand to stay still. This has nothing to do with adjusting stiffness (anyway, try auto-tune). Your last shoot was for sure shot with the gimbal resting on the tripod. Am I right? No micro jitters when the gimbal is stationary.
2018-7-4
Use props
NCP
lvl.2
United States

From what I've seen so far, these hand held gimbals do work better with wider lenses. But it's also a matter of learning how to move correctly using one. You have to still control your breathing and arm positioning. And alot of people still add a little warp stabilizer or similar to the footage to get it perfect.
2018-7-5
Use props
Alessandro Garabaghi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2012457 ft
  • >>>
United States

ive seen better footage from a gh5 handheld than what the op posted.

need to learn the ninja walk with the gimbal

2018-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules