App not connecting showing No Compatible Device Found
3382 10 2018-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheRealMikeK
lvl.2
United States

I was doing a motion lapse using a Sony A7R3 with the IR cable and it was working fine in the beginning. After the time passed the ronin kept triggering the shutter and the ronin app had now disconnected. After that I have not been able to connect to the ronin-s via the app. I keep getting the error No Compatible Device Found. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, different iPhone and even a iPad and get the same message. Anyone else have this issue?  
2018-7-3
Use props
TheRealMikeK
lvl.2
United States

This was with the ronin-s. Sorry i did not specify earlier
2018-7-3
Use props
StianGel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

You could try to restore the applied user profile and the bluetooth password bu tapping the M button 6 times. (Page 23 in the manual)
Also make sure that you forget the Ronin S's bluetooth on the phone or tablet.
2018-7-3
Use props
TheRealMikeK
lvl.2
United States

StianGel Posted at 2018-7-3 14:12
You could try to restore the applied user profile and the bluetooth password bu tapping the M button 6 times. (Page 23 in the manual)
Also make sure that you forget the Ronin S's bluetooth on the phone or tablet.

Thank you. I will give that a shot
2018-7-3
Use props
TheRealMikeK
lvl.2
United States

Unfortunately hitting the M button 6 times did not do anything. Should there be lights flashing to indicate the reset? Looks like I might need to contact DJI or go to one of their flagship stores
2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the troubles. May I know what the current APP version and mobile OS? We'd like to forward to our engineers to see if there are better suggestions.
2018-7-4
Use props
djiuser_qUfR6jvyRRng
New
United States

I have a similar problem.  I upgraded the Ronin S to the latest firmware and was updating my user profiles since they were wiped in the update.  Things were fine but then the app disconnected and hasn't been able to reconnect since.  I tried downgrading the firmware but that failed as well (see photo).    I too was using the IR cable.  

It seems like the BT device may have failed.  Is there way to reset the entire unit?  I was on the latest version of the app on iOS 11.4.  
2018-7-4
Use props
TheRealMikeK
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_qUfR6jvyRRng Posted at 2018-7-4 16:35
I have a similar problem.  I upgraded the Ronin S to the latest firmware and was updating my user profiles since they were wiped in the update.  Things were fine but then the app disconnected and hasn't been able to reconnect since.  I tried downgrading the firmware but that failed as well (see photo).  [view_image]  I too was using the IR cable.  

It seems like the BT device may have failed.  Is there way to reset the entire unit?  I was on the latest version of the app on iOS 11.4.

sounds like the exact same problem. I think the BT module failed to be honest. I have tried 4 other devices and nothing. I started a case with DJI support so lets see what happens
2018-7-5
Use props
TheRealMikeK
lvl.2
United States

Ended up sending in the unit to DJi. The IMU board failed. Should be receiving the unit this week
2018-7-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

TheRealMikeK Posted at 2018-7-14 16:56
Ended up sending in the unit to DJi. The IMU board failed. Should be receiving the unit this week

Sorry to hear that, our facility will get it fixed, hope you will get it back soon.
2018-7-16
Use props
fansaddd4e0b
New
United States

Did you ever get your replacement. I am having the same issue and I would like to know how long the entire process took. Also did you try updating again after the replacement.
2018-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules