Phantom 4 pro loss of signal please help again
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4109377 ft
  • >>>

hello all again I have posted this before but still need help please my phantom 4 pro gets to about 500 mitres then I lose signal but not every flight but most I tried to do a firmware refresh no joy and now when I try to calibrate the sensors with DJI Assistant 2 all it keeps saying restart aircraft I can’t get past the tutorial sending me mad

when I got the drone the box has I picture saying made for Apple so I got an apple iPad mini 2 has this was listed has 1 that works with the phantom 4 pro well it was ok at first then it’s no longer made for it? This is being looked at from my last post

but I have the same problem with my Samsung galaxy S8 and my 2018 Huawei my friend has the iPad mini 2 on his p4 with no problems I just need help this is costing me money and flight time the sun is out I have just got dji goggles please help
here is a quick video above open water

2018-7-3
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I assume you do not have the problem with your Phantom 4? It sure seems to me that the problem is a defective drone.
2018-7-3
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Looking at previous posts of you I guess you are in the UK. UK = CE region.
You don't want to use 5.8. GHz!
I guess you manually chose it because on a beach/over the sea I doubt the Go4 app would have set it that way.

Don't fly 5.8 in CE unless you are keeping your drone close and you are in a Wifi infested area.
That should solve your problem.

Regarding tablet/device issues:
Note that running a screen recorder while flying (which I always like to do) is a major task for devices.
You need a high end device in order to have this handled properly.

2018-7-3
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi thank you for your help I have tried it in both 5.8 and 2.4 Ghz this time it had set it's self. I didn't know about 5.8 not being right here in the UK  I did try it without screen recording has when I had the goggles on I have no way of recording I do think it's the drone upto now I have been thinking it's the drone but not sure if it was the handset I sent my drone of last October when the shell was cracking
2018-7-3
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

Wizzokartworld Posted at 2018-7-3 14:04
Hi thank you for your help I have tried it in both 5.8 and 2.4 Ghz this time it had set it's self. I didn't know about 5.8 not being right here in the UK  I did try it without screen recording has when I had the goggles on I have no way of recording I do think it's the drone upto now I have been thinking it's the drone but not sure if it was the handset I sent my drone of last October when the shell was cracking

It's not about 5.8 and the UK. It's about 5.8 and CE.
We have the same issue in Germany.
In the US (FCC) 5.8 is the way to go. Endless signal, no disturbances.

In CE I would leave the setting on AUTO.
The drone/app know what is best at the flight location, at least to my experience...
2018-7-3
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tell me about it my phantom p4p was from the USA I got it online and it was mega signal but it started to crack near the motors I sent it back and they sent me a second hand unit back that was scratched after not having a drone for about 6 weeks of sending it back saying I it's sorted I got a new drone sent to me I am so Fed up with it all buy this buy that and still not flying
2018-7-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you deffo on the latest firmware, even if you are do a refresh, there was a time not too long back where mine would go a max of 500m or so and about 1000m with the parabollocks on (i am in the UK too), this was rectified in a later firmware, also make sure the antenae are standing up and aimed directly at the ac, failing that, something is amiss mechanically, unlikely  but not impossible, also there is a way to force FCC mode, costs about £20, i have managed 16000ft so far, that was on my Tab S2 running android 6
2018-7-3
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

Wizzokartworld Posted at 2018-7-3 15:56
Tell me about it my phantom p4p was from the USA I got it online and it was mega signal but it started to crack near the motors I sent it back and they sent me a second hand unit back that was scratched after not having a drone for about 6 weeks of sending it back saying I it's sorted I got a new drone sent to me I am so Fed up with it all buy this buy that and still not flying

It doesn't matter where your P4P is from.
I thought early on I buy the next in the US in order to have it on FCC mode.
But that doesn't work. The P4P switches modes automatically by recognizing it's location.
2018-7-4
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

i  was not sure how it worked my first p4p worked so well and this one has always been a pain like i sad in my last post i  read the box and it said for iPad. but was told not anymore so i waited to get a better tablet and the DJI goggles but still the same i am still waiting for a shipping label it's been 24hr now i do hope i get it soon has the 12 months warranty is up on the 12 july 2018 someone did say i get 2 years warranty in the UK but not sure but today it's hot and sunny i have nowhere to be so could be flying i do miss it i think in the last 3 months i have not used 1 full battery on anyone day if it's something i can do i would
2018-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules