Bluetooth unreliable ... Kill motor Error....
583 4 2018-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
carydf
lvl.1

United States

My iPhone will not stay connected for very long.  I have to reboot the phone. It says it connected in the device list one minute...then its not. The bluetooth icon on the top has only gone on once. Can’t seem to connect for very long.

If you hit Auto Tune Stability it says the Kill Motor is on in More... but its not. When you go to turn Kill Motor on so you can turn it off... it says Still Calibrating.  Ok then… what next? No clue on forum.  the only clue I did find was on the reviews where frustrated customers expressed their displeasure with DJI.  nothing helpful.

Am I supposed to go on a shoot in front of a client with this type of unreliable machinery?  Is there something obviously wrong that I am not doing or is just cheap junk that need to be sent back to the vendor?

2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the troubles with Ronin-M, please connect the device to the DJI PC/MAC Assistant and click the 'Reset password' button to reset the Bluetooth to see if the issue persists, thank you.
2018-7-5
Use props
carydf
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-5 03:05
Sorry for the troubles with Ronin-M, please connect the device to the DJI PC/MAC Assistant and click the 'Reset password' button to reset the Bluetooth to see if the issue persists, thank you.

That seemed to work.  There is a noise from the unit when it boots up. Like a grinding wheel on metal. Is this normal?
2018-7-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

carydf Posted at 2018-7-7 15:53
That seemed to work.  There is a noise from the unit when it boots up. Like a grinding wheel on metal. Is this normal?

May I have a short video about this sound?
2018-7-9
Use props
carydf
lvl.1

United States

I do not seem to be able to upload video to the forum.

I posted it on vimeo:

password is: bigred

The camera is mounted on the stand. When I hit "Auto Tune Stability"  .... after about 30 seconds it makes this noise.   I also hear this noise when out in the field occasionally.  Since I work alone so I can not record the noise and hold the stabilizer at the same time.
2018-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules